Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Onyx Display in Windows 10

Onyx Display in Windows 10

Postby cerise » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:56 pm

I upgraded my Windows to 10 two days ago. Yesterday I played Onyx without any problems. Today Onyx (in full screen mode) is too big to fit on my screen. I have tried experimenting with different resolution settings, but they are worse. Can Anyone help?

Thanks,
Cerise
cerise
Peasant

Re: Onyx Display in Windows 10

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:10 pm

The real question here seems to be, what did you change between yesterday and today, since you updated 2 days ago?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby cerise » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:22 pm

I didn't update anything else. On the first day the updates were downloaded and installed. When I got up the second day there was a message that windows had done something during the night. I don't remember the exact wording. The graphics display for Onyx was working. On the third day the display on all of my Aldorlea games (Onyx and all five of the Millennium games) were too big to fit on the screen. That was with my resolution set at the highest level possible. This morning I updated the driver for my graphics card, but nothing changed.

I have looked for drivers on the AOC (my monitor) site and the Windows Downloads site, but found nothing helpful. I have to give up my games, but it looks like I may have to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.
cerise
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:33 pm

I don't have a lot of experience with Windows 10, I just heard it's very glitchy.
Isn't there a support email where you could ask them what exactly is going on?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby cerise » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:16 pm

I am still digging through the Microsoft site, but am finding surprisingly little on this issue. I did manage to swap some emails with a tech support guy at AOC (manufacturer of my monitor), but he said that the problem is not there. He suggested that I contact you. I regret not having waited for all of these 'bugs' to be corrected by Microsoft before updating. I will continue looking and will let you know what I find.

Thanks very much for your time and attention.
cerise
Peasant

Return to Onyx - Help and Questions