Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

A bug and complaints!

A bug and complaints!

Postby D-Squall » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Hi, I decided to play Onyx again since I have the game for a long time and I haven't finished it. So I was playing and noticed a bug, Samantha was confused in battle and she attacked herself and she died, and the battle froze! Shouldn't that be fixed since I assume Indy and Shade is probably thinking about putting this game on Steam in the future right? Also I talked with a woman with Raven in the party in Nightfall, she began talking about how cool her hair and name was and how they didn't follow society rules but then Rowan appeared in the conversation, but that time Tyber was leading the party.

Also, I would like to point this game's absurd difficulty. I'm in the Nimrod base and the enemies are ridiculously strong and inflicts status ailments all the time and you can't escape because they are also too fast, and what would be good about escaping? Since all they do outside battle is give one step away and when the enemy is fast the battle starts again. And this "strong enemy" thing are not only in this place but also in other parts of the game, the game became absurdly difficult after Melas College. On Bleach Span, a mandragora had cast a Toxic Kiss on me that delt 400dam out of all my characters, and they didn't even had 300hp back then. Seriously, all the battles from Melas College to the point of where I am now where won by pure luck and wasting tons of itens that heals hp and mp because I couldn't win a single fight without using my most strong attacks. I just really want to point that out, because I haven't seen anyone mentioning that here yet and I can't be the only who also thought that. The game's difficulty must be reviewed and I'm playing in Normal Mode. Which made me remember that I had started playing the game months ago in Easy Mode and the difference wasn't big, actually, I felt no difference at all.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Re: A bug and complaints!

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi, I decided to play Onyx again since I have the game for a long time and I haven't finished it. So I was playing and noticed a bug, Samantha was confused in battle and she attacked herself and she died, and the battle froze! Shouldn't that be fixed since I assume Indy and Shade is probably thinking about putting this game on Steam in the future right?

I fixed that. Maybe I didn't upload the new build. Now Confused has the same effect as a typical Paralyzis.

Also I talked with a woman with Raven in the party in Nightfall, she began talking about how cool her hair and name was and how they didn't follow society rules but then Rowan appeared in the conversation, but that time Tyber was leading the party.

You mean Rowan talked even if she was nowhere? When is that moment?

Also, I would like to point this game's absurd difficulty. I'm in the Nimrod base and the enemies are ridiculously strong and inflicts status ailments all the time and you can't escape because they are also too fast, and what would be good about escaping? Since all they do outside battle is give one step away and when the enemy is fast the battle starts again. And this "strong enemy" thing are not only in this place but also in other parts of the game, the game became absurdly difficult after Melas College. On Bleach Span, a mandragora had cast a Toxic Kiss on me that delt 400dam out of all my characters, and they didn't even had 300hp back then. Seriously, all the battles from Melas College to the point of where I am now where won by pure luck and wasting tons of itens that heals hp and mp because I couldn't win a single fight without using my most strong attacks. I just really want to point that out, because I haven't seen anyone mentioning that here yet and I can't be the only who also thought that. The game's difficulty must be reviewed and I'm playing in Normal Mode. Which made me remember that I had started playing the game months ago in Easy Mode and the difference wasn't big, actually, I felt no difference at all.

Easy Mode doubles damage inflicted by the characters.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Good thing about the confuse, as I said, I had this game for a long time and I guess I didn't get the latest version. About the conversation in Nightfall, Rowan wasn't even in the party. And I don't see how doubling the party's attacks makes the game any easier when the enemies can defeat you in one strike.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:29 pm

About the conversation in Nightfall, Rowan wasn't even in the party.

When is that convo? I don't remember that game very well.

And I don't see how doubling the party's attacks makes the game any easier when the enemies can defeat you in one strike.

Is there no way you can be faster than the enemy side?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:49 pm

About rowan: it was when I went to nightfall for the first time and rowan was held captive by the nimrod and tyber was leading the party

About difficulty: some I can, but I have tô be Lucky for the e menina Dont use their strongest attacks
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:56 pm

D-Squall wrote:About rowan: it was when I went to nightfall for the first time and rowan was held captive by the nimrod and tyber was leading the party

About difficulty: some I can, but I have tô be Lucky for the e menina Dont use their strongest attacks

I'll increase the damage boost so that if the player can play first, they will have an even bigger edge.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:59 pm

D-Squall wrote:About rowan: it was when I went to nightfall for the first time and rowan was held captive by the nimrod and tyber was leading the party

Which convo is it exactly? I checked the one in the palace but there seems to be no prob with it.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Indinera wrote:

Which convo is it exactly? I checked the one in the palace but there seems to be no prob with it.

It is not actually a bug that stops the game, it's a conversation that I had with a person in town where I think that it's only triggered if I have Raven in the party, but in the middle of the conversation Rowan appeared saying that they were wasting time and all her typical comments, but the problem is, she was still being held captive by the Nimrod. It was when I went to Nightfall for the first time, after I completed that dungeon after Memetic cave.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby D-Squall » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:10 pm

Indinera wrote:

I'll increase the damage boost so that if the player can play first, they will have an even bigger edge.

Also take a look at the damage that the enemies spells cause, it's also an absurd.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:28 pm

D-Squall wrote:
Indinera wrote:

Also take a look at the damage that the enemies spells cause, it's also an absurd.

More difficult to fix this I'm afraid. But it can be quite interesting to try to obliterate the enemy side before they do you. At least it's a bit different from most games. Maybe also you missed some good items? I remember Onyx was difficult but not that impossible... of course I tend to collect all the good gear since I make the game aha.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:30 pm

D-Squall wrote:
Indinera wrote:

It is not actually a bug that stops the game, it's a conversation that I had with a person in town where I think that it's only triggered if I have Raven in the party, but in the middle of the conversation Rowan appeared saying that they were wasting time and all her typical comments, but the problem is, she was still being held captive by the Nimrod. It was when I went to Nightfall for the first time, after I completed that dungeon after Memetic cave.

Girl with blue and pink hair? If so, it seems this is fixed too...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Indinera wrote:
D-Squall wrote:
Indinera wrote:I'll increase the damage boost so that if the player can play first, they will have an even bigger edge.

More difficult to fix this I'm afraid. But it can be quite interesting to try to obliterate the enemy side before they do you. At least it's a bit different from most games. Maybe also you missed some good items? I remember Onyx was difficult but not that impossible... of course I tend to collect all the good gear since I make the game aha.

I found a lot of secret rooms, I think that I found 25 or less to where I am now but it's still difficult. I also bought the best equipment in every town I went to.

Indinera wrote:Girl with blue and pink hair? If so, it seems this is fixed too...

Yes, that's it. I guess all is fixed now.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:42 pm

I've increased the damages caused quite a lot. I hope this will help.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:07 am

I just finished Rowan's mind and I thought that part damn difficult, I skipped all the battles that I could and I know this only get things worse since I'll need levels later but I just couldn't fight all the impossible enemies there and that impossible boss battle which was won by pure luck? God, the only thing that is keeping me playing this game is the story that is very good but I just can't take another impossible dungeon.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:44 am

It's strange though cuz while I agree Onyx is pretty hardcore, I was able to finish it in hard mode (and I didn't level up like mad, otherwise it doesn't count). The only thing is that I don't remember now if I did anything special so it's hard to provide guidance... Are you using Baba? I think her Blood spells are pretty good.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Onyx - Help and Questions