Re: New RPG: The Deal

Postby Nyx » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 pm

I agree Scorpios +::Thumbup
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Elyona » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:19 am

I have another question, oh and thanks for your help from before with my other question. The problem I am having now is in the Long-Lost Caves and finding 10 Gigas Keeper Horns. +::sos I have found 9 but can't seem to find the last one, any help would be great thanks.

+:oops: +:oops: +:oops: Was rechecking the caves just in case & found a section I missed. +::whistle
Elyona
Wanderer

Postby gaby5516 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:43 am

OrfeasGS wrote:Hello everyone!
Get your free story questline guide from dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/69wsk5bl2w80xts/FreeStoryGuide%20-%20The%20Deal.pdf?dl=0

This is a PDF file for you to download and save freely. You can redistribute it and even print it. If you're going to print it, then keep in mind that on page 15 we have included a screenshot with a lot of colors.

Why make this guide? There were a couple of people that had a problem with Jonathan's Diary, where it would bug out and not display correct information, plus some people wanted more clarifications.

Enjoy!

PS: The updated version of the game that will solve Counsleor Madae's bug will most likely come the day after tomorrow. If you bought the game recently or you are not at that stage of the game, when you land on the Unknown Grotto (a small cavern), do NOT reenter.

this is greatly appreciated. +::YAY
gaby5516
Bard

Postby flaxin1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Looking for a particular Otherworld Gate please.

Spoiler: show
I used the merciful knife code but where is the Otherworld Gate?
flaxin1
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Elyona wrote:I have another question, oh and thanks for your help from before with my other question. The problem I am having now is in the Long-Lost Caves and finding 10 Gigas Keeper Horns. +::sos I have found 9 but can't seem to find the last one, any help would be great thanks.

+:oops: +:oops: +:oops: Was rechecking the caves just in case & found a section I missed. +::whistle

Hi! There are 5 Gigas Keepers in the last room of the Long-lost Caves and another 5 in the previous room. Look around, because two of them are in corners.
EDIT: Oh, you found it! Alright!

flaxin1 wrote:Looking for a particular Otherworld Gate please.

I used the merciful knife code but where is the Otherworld Gate?

The Otherworld Gate is at the start of the previous room.

Have a look around guys! There are no random encounters, the traps are deactivatable and you can sprint! +::Thumbup

Sorry we couldn't answer earlier, but we are busy with the update!
Last edited by OrfeasGS on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby flaxin1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:17 pm

flaxin1 wrote:

A previous room inside the Lost Caves?

NEVERMIND: I found it, thanks!!
flaxin1
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:21 pm

flaxin1 wrote:
flaxin1 wrote:

A previous room inside the Lost Caves?

NEVERMIND: I found it, thanks!!

Alright! Enjoy and keep exploring - it's the game's theme! +::YAY
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:03 pm

The Deal update. (Version 1.5.1) +::YAY +::wizard

Fixes:
*Fixed the potential bug with Counselor Made quest. (This bug messes up with Jonathan's Diary, too - you can use the free guide to follow the story correctly, if you encountered it!)
*Fixed a typo in Jonathan's Diary.
*Fixed a treasure chest that would appear opened in the Camp.
*Included the .pdf file of our Story Quest Guide in the game's installation folder.

Q/A:
Q: Do I absolutely need this update?
A: No. To avoid Madae's bug in the previous versions, do not reenter Unknown Grotto (the cave just below Karydos). To download the guide separately, we gave a link previously on this forum's thread.

Q: How do I know if I have the latest version?
A: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Orfeas Game Studio\The Deal\The Deal\The Dealv1.5.1. If the last folder is indeed 1.5.1, then you have the updated version. Otherwise, you can update to the latest version. In general, if you bought the game AFTER this post's date, then you have the newer version.

Q: How to update?
A: Uninstall the current version of the game. Redownload the game and install. Done.

Q: What files will be lost in the process? Saves? Configuration data?
A: Nothing. Your saves and everything else remains intact.

Q: I uninstalled the game, but now I am not able to redownload the game from BMTmicro!
A: This is an issue with BMTmicro, it happens rarely. Send them an e-mail and they will fix it.

Q: My antivirus says this game is a threat!
A: This happens ONLY with Kaspersky antivirus and it's a false positive. You will need to ask for directions on what to do and support from Kaspersky. The game is 100% clean and risk-free. We are in contact with Kaspersky forums' global moderators for that.

Q: My game lags a lot!
A: You have inadequate RAM to play this game or you are overflowing it! You need at least 1 GB RAM (works with less) and do not spam the menu screen. RPG Maker doesn't like the menu much, apparently.

Q: My game lags and my RAM is awesome.
A: Play with the FPS Synch option. You just need a different setting than the default.

Q: I can't find the free quide you included!
A: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Orfeas Game Studio\The Deal\The Deal\The Dealv1.5.1\story_quest_guide. The quide is in this folder. (Otherwise, search for the file "FreeStoryGuide - The Deal.pdf" without quotations on Windows Search.)

Q: What can I do with the guide's pdf? Can I print it?
A: You are free to: print, give away, duplicate, save it wherever you want, alter it after the second page, write your own notes on it after the second page, upload it wherever you want.
You CANNOT sell it, claim it as your own, alter the first page of the guide, give it away or upload it with the first page missing.

Q: I have Counselor's Madae bug on a previous version, will it go away with the update?
A: Yes, you will need to talk to her one last time. After that, the issue will be fixed.
REMINDER: This bug appears only after speaking to Counselor Madae and then entering Unknown Grotto, so avoid that if you don't want to update to this version.

Q: I need help for secret treasure, ancient artifacts and how to do the optional quests!
A: After this update we will no longer give you directions for these matters. There are forums, where other players can help you. Keep exploring and you will be rewarded!

UPDATE on Kaspersky Antivirus:
After contacting the Kaspersky forums about our game being recognised by Kaspersky Antivirus as a potential threat for your computer, we got several responses (for all The Deal versions).
Quoting bluex, Global Moderator for Kaspersky forums:
"All files were scanned but there is absolutely no detection." via Kaspersky Virus Lab. Please check your antivirus options if you are encountering such problems and if you do, send me a screenshot to show bluex. Thank you for your understanding.
"The Deal" is 100% malware-free - tested by Kaspersky Virus Lab.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Elyona » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Hello, I have another question. What do I need to have or do to get the blue tiles I have seen in several places. +::Dunno I had made it to the beginning of the Forbidden Forest part, but decided to start over to make sure I had got everything and then remembered about the blue tiles. Any help would be great thanks.
Elyona
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Elyona wrote:Hello, I have another question. What do I need to have or do to get the blue tiles I have seen in several places. +::Dunno I had made it to the beginning of the Forbidden Forest part, but decided to start over to make sure I had got everything and then remembered about the blue tiles. Any help would be great thanks.

The blue tiles are usable only by Myrella if and when she has her Ancient Artifact equipped. To find Myrella's Ancient Artifact; the Enchanted Mantle, you need to follow the steps below:
1) You need to be at least level 9.
2) Go to the western Corncornia Cottage (small cottage near Corncornia Village).
3) Speak to Alicia and accept her quest.
4) Go to the cave Alicia mentioned. It's called Ruins of Daath.
5) Go to the end of the cave and defeat the boss there.
6) Acquire the Enchanted Mantle and use it to escape from the ruins.
7) All blue panels are now available to use whenever Myrella is equipped with the Enchanted Mantle.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Elyona » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:16 pm

OrfeasGS wrote:
Elyona wrote:Hello, I have another question. What do I need to have or do to get the blue tiles I have seen in several places. +::Dunno I had made it to the beginning of the Forbidden Forest part, but decided to start over to make sure I had got everything and then remembered about the blue tiles. Any help would be great thanks.

The blue tiles are usable only by Myrella if and when she has her Ancient Artifact equipped. To find Myrella's Ancient Artifact; the Enchanted Mantle, you need to follow the steps below:
1) You need to be at least level 9.
2) Go to the western Corncornia Cottage (small cottage near Corncornia Village).
3) Speak to Alicia and accept her quest.
4) Go to the cave Alicia mentioned. It's called Ruins of Daath.
5) Go to the end of the cave and defeat the boss there.
6) Acquire the Enchanted Mantle and use it to escape from the ruins.
7) All blue panels are now available to use whenever Myrella is equipped with the Enchanted Mantle.

Thanks so very much. Since I restarted the game I had realized I had forgotten that quest so thanks.
Elyona
Wanderer

Postby Fanatik007 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:48 am

I played demo before, and game started in the forest. I purchased full game then, and it started in the old caves, Just wonder why?
Fanatik007
Bard

Postby Valdy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:58 am

Fanatik007 wrote:I played demo before, and game started in the forest. I purchased full game then, and it started in the old caves, Just wonder why?

The demo game is not part of the full game. It's a separate "game". I was confused too.

--- --- ---

Regarding virus scanners: a warning sign doesn't always mean there is a virus in the game. When I download a very new game from here, I usually get a red warning sign coming up (using Norton), but the reason for that is because not enough people who use Norton have downloaded the game yet in order for Norton to verify that the game is virus free. At the same time the warning sign comes up, I also get the green scanner tab coming up.

Also, sometimes a certain file is read as a virus or trojan or whatever, even though it isn't. I have a feeling that Norton and other virus scanning companies are just trying to give us the most protection possible, and therefore are a little over protective. :)
Last edited by Valdy on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby darkange » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:51 am

@OrfeasGS did you updates the demo as well or it's the old demo ? I am asking because I want to buy the game but I tried playing the demo today and I have a lot of lag in battles .... I am afraid it will be the same in the normal game .. now I red on forum and you said you fix it .... but you said you will do the same for the demo and so far on my computer the demo works very bad ... so I am wondering if it's safe to buy the game or I will have lag for sure.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Fanatik007 wrote:I played demo before, and game started in the forest. I purchased full game then, and it started in the old caves, Just wonder why?

Hi! The demo levels are not present in the game at all. It was made to show you as many mechanics, techniques, graphics and story of the full game as possible, in order for you to understand the game beforehand (like a Pokemon demo or a Final Fantasy demo). Furthermore, it's made as a tech demo, too, so you will immediately know if your PC can run the full game. The demo is a "boxed" apoplication, too, so that you will not have to install it at all.

darkange wrote:@OrfeasGS did you updates the demo as well or it's the old demo ? I am asking because I want to buy the game but I tried playing the demo today and I have a lot of lag in battles .... I am afraid it will be the same in the normal game .. now I red on forum and you said you fix it .... but you said you will do the same for the demo and so far on my computer the demo works very bad ... so I am wondering if it's safe to buy the game or I will have lag for sure.

Hello! Yes, we have updated the demo. If the file you downloaded is called "The Deal - Demo_boxed.exe" without the quotes, then are playing the latest version. If you are lagging check out the FPS Synch Option in the options menu, although it will not make much difference if your PC is underpowered.
If you are lagging in the demo, then you WILL be lagging in the full game as well. Thank you for considering to buy our game!

About anti-virus programs (and @Vlad thank you for the clarifications!):
Many big antivirus programs try to protect you from nearly everything, which is their job of course. They include in a "potential threat list" digitally unsigned programs, such as indie games, freeware programs and others (like unsigned pdf files, unsigned wallpapers etc). Unfortunately the digital signature cost several hundred dollars and is economically out of reach for many indie game studios, like ourselves. I humbly ask for your understanding of this matter. Please, consider marking The Deal as a safe program (white list) in your antivirus' options and Orfeas Game Studio as a trusted developer. I have to inform everyone that Kasperky Virus Lab has scanned all files of all The Deal's versions and it's completely clean, as stated by Kaspersky Global Moderator bluex. Furthermore, BMTmicro does not allow anything that may cause the slightest harm on computers and all files are scanned by them, too. The game is just unsigned and thus, by default, many antivirus programs have to inform you about it.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers