Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Undefeated Memories

Re: Undefeated Memories

Postby Kirin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:10 am

Even though this game has been out a fairly long time, I didn't complete until recently and I felt I should try this. So here goes:

Your opinion about Marcus?
He seems realistic to the real world. He's very doubtful about the ruling government and he has his own reasons to keep to himself. Even so, I think he was very human in a world where the military is more of an everyday life than people believe.

Your opinion about Bastien?
It's kinda amusing that he constantly focuses on food throughout the whole game. But I guess his drive for a restaurant is something that he can keep hoping for in order to keep him going though all that craziness that happens in the game. I believe that he is the part in the military that goes for his own goal, regardless of what gets thrown in his way.

Your opinion about Fela?
Definitely fits the rich girl persona, but I guess her real moment is when
Spoiler: show
she learns of where her magic comes from and how her own belief crashes down on her.

Overall, I really like her the most because she gets the most character development out of everyone. Was a rich girl who was conscripted per law, but then toughens up and fights alongside everyone else, even if she complains a lot. She definitely wizens up by the end of the game.

Your opinion about Enslan?
I don't really know. There isn't really much to say about him except when he
reveals that he is Tyler's younger brother and makes a deal to have Tyler retire for his sake rather than Enslan's own sake.

I think his character could've been fleshed out a little more and his relationships could've been discussed in greater depth.

Your opinion about Beriberu (leave this question out if the name doesn't ring any bell +::biggrin )?
Got him by talking to him on that quest... but decided to start a new file without him in it. Yeah... not really worth it.

Your opinion about the story and dialogs?
It's really realistic about the military lifestyle, even if it is in a fantasy/medieval sort of way. The characters are all there by law and each has their own struggle to get through their own two years of military misery. The story throws them curve balls about how harsh the military is, both physically and mentally. Marcus becomes more of a military man while Bastian offers support and Fela learns a lot more about life. The story and dialogue works really well hand-in-hand as it shows the struggle of each character and their own personal issues they confront themselves with, with the help of others.

Your opinion about the monsters?
I think the monsters worked really well for this game. But I guess the difficulty level you choose also takes a huge factor in all this. Easy is a breeze, Legendary will crush you on the first stage. I really wanted to know about that Minotaur thing, though.

Your opinion about the battles?
God that was terrible. I started the game on Legendary and it was a struggle to survive. As the game goes on, monsters can One-hit KO you on the spot. Decided to make a new file on Easy because I found the Legendary on this thing to be that sadistic. I played "Tale of a Common Man" before finishing this and I can tell the developers wizened up on that because I desperately wanted to have skills that would inflict status debuffs on the enemies on Legendary.

Your opinion about the game's title screen and music?
The title screen and music are both mysterious and I think it works rather well for this game, if only a little spoilerific for the endgame.

What was your favorite moment and why?
It's when
Melite takes charge in the end and sacrifices herself to make sure that the sickness doesn't spread for the Wastelands while taking her life in the process. It shows her real strength of how she wants to save everyone, even if she means dying with it. It was HER moment.

What's the game's best/strongest sides?
I think the game's strongest would be the characters and the story. They're all solidly strong with lots of character developments with everyone getting their own moment to shine. The story is really the best point of all for me.
Have you played other Aldorlea "collaboration" games (Sylia, Opaline, Onyx) and if so, how does this one compare?
This one is much more serious compared to the romantic/adventure game of Opaline, and the comedic dialogue of Onyx. But one thing remains the same for me and that is the story delivers and that's enough for me.
Kirin
Mercenary

Previous

Return to Undefeated - Help and Questions