Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

questions

questions

Postby Aggeliki » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:54 pm

1.is Shurland the first name for Undefeated?(and Witch hunt for Onyx btw +::whistle )

2.in the demo i found only 1 secret room..are there more of them till the party reaches the hut on the mountain? +::Dunno

3.when i returned to the captain after i found the item in the woods, i saw a man with grey hair beside him..i didn't talk to him and the game moved on..did i miss something? a quest? +::fear
Aggeliki
Ranger

Re: questions

Postby Kes » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:49 pm

1) Yes, Shurland was the original name for Undefeated. I have no idea about Witch Hunt, only Indy can answer that one.

2) there is only one secret room before the Way Station. You didn't ask this, but there are 4 side quests you could have collected by then and 2 that you could completed.

3) You didn't miss a quest with the grey-haired man, but you did miss a lot of free healing. When you arrive at Durlling Wood the Sergeant (not the Captain) tells you that the doctor is running a first aid post. The tutorial book just inside the Woods reminds you to use the doctor - well, he's the doctor.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:18 am

ahhhh could Onyx have been Witch Hunt in the past?? Maybe maybe not +::lol :razz: :razz:
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:15 am

I'm done with the game now, and I have some open questions too:

• After doing the wine quest and telling the guy at the inn what was going on he left and said to visit him at home at the north part of the town. I never found him again and thus never got a reward. Where is he supposed to be?
• I believe that in one of the tutorial books I read that there would be a reward for finding 20 secret rooms and an even greater one for finding all 25. But I only got one in the end for finding them all.
• What's with all these ingredients for Bastien we collected throughout the game? Did I miss something? Could they have been used in some way?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Kes » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:42 am

For the wine quest
Spoiler: show
He is in his house in the upper part of town. Unless you go there you won't see him again. His reward is well worth having, and makes a big difference.

The reward is in the second chest. The contents of the second chest varies depending on whether you got all 25 or not.

For those ingredients
Did you get the Roke Receipe Book? If you did, you could have made some great battle items, one of which in particular makes a big contribution to the final battle. If you find enough ingredients you can use that item in one or two of the special battles on Wasteland 6 and 7.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:51 am

Hm, I looked again now. But there are only shops. We're talking about Eshley, right? (Although I've searched all over Loxton too.)

Oh, I see, so in order to get the reward, you HAVE to find the last secret room, because the reward only shows up there?

No, I didn't get that book. Where should I have gotten it?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:16 am

For the wine quest
this is the man in the inn in Loxton. His house is north of the inn, before you reach the Meeting House and Garrison.

Yes, that's where the reward is. A bit tough that, but logically I don't see where else they could have put it.

And for the Recipe Book
It's the Roke Recipe Book, so it's err.. in Roke.
Actually, it's in the house. You have to examine the cupboard and then the little desk thing down to the left of the door.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:25 am

Oh well, I guess that just means I missed some things. At least (with your help +::kiss ) I got als secret rooms and quests.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:43 am

Are you going to replay and see if you get everything?

I'm replaying and setting myself the challenge to do this without buying any gear (now I know what I can collect from quests and secret rooms) and as few items as possible - coz I think with what the army issues and what I can find and get as drops I might just be able to manage it. It seems to be working out so far.

Part of the reason for not buying is to make sure that I really did get the best "dreams and hopes" thingy for Marcus, Bastien and Fela by having plenty of money at the end.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:32 pm

I don't think I'll replay anytime soon. I liked the game itself a lot, even more the farther I proceeded. But as I said before, the high encounter rate really took away a lot of enjoyment for me and I frequently got very annoyed about it.
If Indy and Kes ever decide to adjust this, I'll replay for sure. But I guess as long as it's only me who's complaining, they'll certainly not do that.
As for buying things: I never bought anything but that one item you needed to solve a quest. (Actually I bought three items because I wasn't sure which one might do the trick.) But other than that I never bought a single healing item, nor weapons or armor. I also didn't sell anything because I never needed money, so I'm not sure if regarding their dreams the outcome would have been different if had had more money. They seemed to be quite happy anyway though.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Sorry for double posting, but I just tried yet again to find that guy from the wine quest. I went to that house, but it says the door is locked and I assume the man must be at the inn again. Where he's not though.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:10 pm

I've just looked at my notes again (instead of just going by memory) and the sequence is:
give the remedy to the farmer
go back and speak to the man in the inn
He says visit him in his house in the north part of town and then vanishes
Go to the house
Enter and get the reward
leave, and you can never go back in, and he is back in the Inn.

That's the way it happened for me.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Hm, well then something must not be working here. After he said to visit him in his house I searched the whole town over and over again, but never found out where he was supposed to be. That particular house was locked all the time.
I have a save file right after finishing his quest by talking to him. The house IS locked and he's not at the inn anymore.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Kes » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Could you send me that save file so that I can have a look at it? It's worked normally up till now, and it would be good to know why it didn't in your case.

gemellegames@gmail.com
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Yes, I sent it.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Next

Return to Undefeated - Help and Questions