Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Error message

Error message

Postby Madmar » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:55 pm

I have had the following error message several times and several places.
Script "Shaz mouse system" line 279: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method "tilemap_offset" for nil: NilClass

I lose everything from my last save. I have redownloaded the game but the issue continues and it is pretty annoying. I am using windows 8 currently. Have never had this problem before. HELP! I would like to get on with the game.
Thanks
Last edited by Madmar on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madmar
Explorer

Re: Error message

Postby Kes » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:29 pm

I will have to contact Shaz who wrote the script to find out what is happening. As this doesn't seem to have happened to anyone else (yet!) it would be very helpful if I could give her more information.

Can you remember what you were doing just before this happened? e.g. changing to a new map, just finishing a battle, clicking on a particular type of item, buying/selling items in a shop, that sort of thing.

When you say "in several places", can you remember one or two of them so that I can check the maps for anything usual in that location?

Are you using a keyboard with a different alphabet?

Does this only happen when you are using the mouse, or does it also happen if you are using the arrow keys/enter key?
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Then you might want to report this too:
When hitting F12 the game is supposed to close (which I often do when in unescapable fights things run bad, so I can abort and reload the fight faster), but there's also an error message first:
Script 'Shaz mouse system' line 132: RGSSError occurred.
disposed sprite

This is not important as it doesn't cause any crash, but you might want to know anyway.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Madmar » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:45 pm

I am not sure but it may happen when I change maps, but not always the same one. Like when I have to go past the same spot again, no problem. I can not copy the message either. I have a regular keyboard, no special alphabet. I am using a wireless optical mouse and rarely the arrows or keyboard. It is strange because I have not had this problem with other games. also, the message should read offset not 9ffset. Fumblefingers.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Kes » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:54 pm

@Madmar
Okay, I'll pass that information on. Shaz is usually quick to respond to queries, but if this is an obscure one, then there might be a delay getting a proper fix. In the meantime, perhaps using the arrow keys more might be a safer bet.

@Cassiopeia
Thanks for that. I'll add that to my request.
Kes
Explorer

Postby dad33 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:23 pm

I am also receiving same error message in the Heynton tunnel.error message, same as in above post by nadar, shows up in a box.The game is lost and you have to use esc key to remove box and restart game. also using wireless mouse and window 8.2. .

dad33
dad33
Wanderer

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Shaz has not yet been able to work out why this happens, particularly as it is so random and if she can't replicate it that makes it more difficult to work out what's going on. Many, many players have gone through that spot without a problem, so it's not any sort of direct link with something in particular on that map.

However, I shall be keeping in touch with her about this. I'm sorry that you have been having this issue. I hope you didn't lose too much gameplay time.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Madmar » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:35 pm

this error is getting to be very annoying. It just occurred again in Rake End. It does not happen as often as it did earlier in the game, but I lose everything I have done. I try to remember to save more often, but sometimes in the heat of play I forget. I have re-downloaded twice now but I still get the error. +::surrender I hate using the arrows, they are too clumsy for me or maybe I am too clumsy for them.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:21 pm

I am afraid that re-downloading won't change anything because there isn't a fix for this yet. I'm beginning to wonder if it's something to do with the combination of hardware, otherwise there would have been a lot of reports about this and there haven't been.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Madmar » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi Kes, you sent me an updated file for common man that was a success in fixing the mouse error. Can you do the same with undefeated since I would love to play it again and really enjoy it? I sent and email after successfully completing common man but haven't heard anything back. Thanks. +::sos
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Kes » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Okay, I'll see what we can do.

Sorry about you not getting a reply, but I never received your email. gmail is not always very reliable.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Madmar » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks, I look forward to playing without unexpected interruptions. 8)
Madmar
Explorer

Return to Undefeated - Help and Questions