+::YAY so like he title states i want to hear the good the bad and the ugly lol
how long is it
is the combat easy and fun ?
nublet21
Wanderer

Re: whats your thoughts on the game so far ^_-

Postby littlebro » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 pm

You can read my thoughts on the full game here viewtopic.php?f=213&t=8594
NOTE: this does contain some spoilers, so if you haven't played yet you might want to avoid it.

As for combat which is "easy" - that depends on what difficulty level you pick. There is an 'Easy' mode if that's what you prefer. I chose 'Normal' and enjoyed the battles. Some were a bit tough and at the end there is a series which requires concentration and strategy. I don't know how that would work out in Easy mode.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and if you are wondering whether to play it or not, I recommend that you do.

EDIT
Just seen that you were also wondering how long it is.
I did all the side quests and I looked for (and got) all the secret rooms. I also made sure to read the NPCs' dialogues because they changed a lot during the game and I found that interesting. If you didn't do any of that it would make the game a LOT quicker, but if you don't do the quests and find the rooms you won't get the ultimate gear.
It took me 15 hours, more or less, but I think I hit lucky in a couple of places.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Aggeliki » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:38 am

the game took me 9.45 hours, 21 secret rooms and only one quest missing (where is Galtus by the way?)..i admit that i kinda rushed through the dialogues but..if i had not, would this add a whole 4 hours to the game?i play easy mode in the first gamethrough and i must say, i would expect a couple of more hours...

i missed some things so i will replay it for sure!
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby littlebro » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:19 am

I think it will be quicker in Easy mode. Each battle is likely to be shorter and (this is a guess on my part) there won't be any need to spend any time levelling up. Having said that, I didn't rush the dialogues, and each time I went back to Eshley I checked out the soldiers in the Main Square because what they said changed so much. Also the dialogues in Laymar Gateway when you've found the girl change a lot. I was also determined not to miss any secret rooms, so that added exploration time.

As for Galtus, here is a clue.
Spoiler: show
If he hadn't found his fortune, where might he end up?
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:15 am

I'm playing normal mode too, and I'm also thoroughly exploring. I do rush through dialogs too a lot of times, especially when they have so much whenever they find an item or gold.
However, like Littlebro I go back to the cities and villages frequently to talk with everybody again. Hadn't I done that, I would have missed things for sure.
Also, when I've missed a secret room I go back and look for it, which certainly took me some time.
Anyway, I'm now at the Wasteland after opening the bridge, and I've been playing almost 16 hours so far. Longer actually, considering all the times I reloaded and replayed something.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Aggeliki » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 pm

ahh..thanks littlebro! this time i am doing all the side quests!! as for the game's length, yes, the battles are easier in easy mode but i never fled even once-i fought everything no matter how many times it respawned haha!and , as i usually do, i prefer auto battle so i level my party a lot in order not to depend on magic! soo..i did spend some time in levelling! anyway i guess that in my next playthrough i will need more hours if i want a perfect score ! +::music +::biggrin
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 pm

I'm also a saver of MP whenever possible, that's why in this game I found the TP really great. You gain it back quite fast, and using the Specials was a great asset without having to worry about MP.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Aggeliki wrote:and , as i usually do, i prefer auto battle so i level my party a lot in order not to depend on magic! soo.. +::music +::biggrin

How did you manage in Roke Marsh without using Fela's 'Preserve' spell? I couldn't see a strategy which avoided that.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 pm

I didn't use that spell, I'd rather cure members after a fight if necessary. Of course I did have to use MP here, but by far not as much for having to use MP restoratives.
The only place I ever used so much magic with Fela was at the Wasteland.
I didn't hesitate using Mel's magic though as soon as she got that MP draining spell. That was cool! +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Aggeliki » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:44 pm

hmm..i had my party in their 25 s and autobattled my way through!(easy mode) it took me 3 rounds each battle..if very hard i used spells that triple and double hit..i started using preserve when reaching wasteland and during boss battles of course..and yes, some times a member was poisoned but cured after battle with andidote!
in fact i cannot recall any area that was hard exept wasteland, which needs good strategy:beriberu's downpour just before melite's ligthining spell was a great combo for quick killing the enemy pack !!
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Kes » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Aggeliki wrote:beriberu's downpour just before melite's ligthining spell was a great combo for quick killing the enemy pack !!

Yes, neat combo that one. 8)

Cassiopeia wrote:I didn't hesitate using Mel's magic though as soon as she got that MP draining spell. That was cool!

I like that one too. And if you use 'Venomous Drain' you can get to poison the enemy at the same time is stealing their MP. Even better +::biggrin
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Kes wrote:I like that one too. And if you use 'Venomous Drain' you can get to poison the enemy at the same time is stealing their MP. Even better +::biggrin

Yeah!!! I only used that one anymore as soon as she got it. +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Return to Undefeated - Help and Questions