Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Mouse Control

Mouse Control

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:23 pm

I would like to know if there is a way to disable the mouse? I'm always playing with the arrow keys and in this game the mouse interfered a lot, so it would be cool if it could be turned off.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Re: Mouse Control

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:38 am

No, I'm afraid there isn't. What I do is move it right to the side and then it is out of the way completely. Shaz, who wrote the mouse script, is very busy at the moment, but I'm hoping at some stage she extends the script to provide that possibility.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:44 am

Yes, I move it out of the way too, but that's what caused weird things to happen. +::biggrin
I'm used to shoving it into the bottom right corner, and I've been doing this for so long in all the games, it happens automatically, I don't even notice anymore that I'm doing it.
But in this game the choices of what to do in fights are to the bottom right, too. And suddenly some of my characters started healing up 160HP every round and I didn't know why. Since the fights are so fast it took me some time to see that those characters didn't attack either. That happened when I wanted all of them to attack the same enemy and kept hitting enter very fast, without even paying attention if "Attack" really was selected, I just relied on it as it is the first option. So then I did the selection more slowly and realized that the invisible mouse had selected "Item" instead and I kept using up all the HP restoratives that I had collected in the very first dungeon. +::surrender
After that I tried and shove the mouse into the bottom left corner instead, but there it would select other save slots than those I wanted and a couple times I overwrote previous save files accidentally. +::fear
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:02 am

I always push it over to top right, so hadn't noticed these possibilities.

As I said, I am hoping that Shaz will eventually find the time to re-write her script, but it isn't going to happen in the immediate future because I know she's extremely busy just now. However, as soon as it happens (if it happens) then the script will be updated.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:51 am

Yes, top right corner eventually was my choice too. Unless my hand made things on its own without letting my brain know. +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Return to Undefeated - Help and Questions