Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

wasteland 6 block

wasteland 6 block

Postby dad33 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:49 pm

stuck in wasteland 6 where you can see the red chest. I can not go down the stairs, or go back up after defeating enemy.
dad33
Wanderer

Re: wasteland 6 block

Postby kalbun » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:56 pm

When did you download the game? There is a bug in that point, but there is a fix as well.
If you downloaded the game short after the release, you could attempt to reload it from btm micro.
In my case, Indinera sent me a link with the fixed version.
--Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Postby Treefrog » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:09 pm

I'm stuck right at Wasteland 6 too. I'm bummed as I can't play the game anymore. Sad, I wish they wouldn't release games until they know they work the first time as I can never figure out who to do all the complicated fixes.
Treefrog
Peasant

Postby dad33 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:29 pm

I re downloaded game. uninstalled old. installed new. same problem, no joy!
dad33
Wanderer

Postby kalbun » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:27 pm

dad33 wrote:I re downloaded game. uninstalled old. installed new. same problem, no joy!

I suggest you to send a PM to Kes or Indi. I have had the same problem in the same point, Indi sent me a link and this solved the issue (sorry I cannot post the link here, of course!)
--Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:22 pm

Treefrog wrote:Sad, I wish they wouldn't release games until they know they work

I daresay that Indy gives his best to fix all possible bugs before releasing a game (and Kes certainly too), but some problems won't occur to everyone. I personally never encountered that special problem, for instance. Some things only come to light when lots of people play a game on lots of different computers.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Indeed. I must have played through the ending maybe 15 times and never got that problem. Indy will have played it through lots of times as well. But there are so many possible configurations of hardware that until a game goes live you can't discover some things.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:42 pm

dad33 wrote:I re downloaded game. uninstalled old. installed new. same problem, no joy!

It is just possible that the problem still lives on like a zombie in your save file. Do you have one just before then? If not, send me your save file and I will fix it.

gemellegames@gmail.com
Kes
Explorer

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Treefrog wrote:I'm stuck right at Wasteland 6 too. I'm bummed as I can't play the game anymore. Sad, I wish they wouldn't release games until they know they work the first time as I can never figure out who to do all the complicated fixes.

Have you tried downloading? If you have, and it still doesn't work, then perhaps it's the same problem that dad33 may have. If so, the same same advice. Send me your savefile for me to fix

gemellegames@gmail.com
Kes
Explorer

Postby dad33 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:54 pm

kes, where would I find the save file that you want. running windows 8.2 on hp laptop.
dad33
Wanderer

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Note the number of the save file that you want.

This is the file structure in Windows up to Windows 7 (which is what I have) which I believe is the same in Windows 8.

C:\users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Undefeated (Aldorlea Games)\Save(number)

AppData is a 'hidden' folder, so you may have to use Control Panel to tell Windows to unhide it.

You could use the Search function to find Undefeated (Aldorlea Games) which might save you a bit of time if you don't know how to show hidden folders.
Kes
Explorer

Postby dad33 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Problem resolved by Kes My mouse was not reacting correctly. I had to use arrow keys to navigate.
dad33
Wanderer

Postby Treefrog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:08 am

Kes wrote:
Treefrog wrote:I'm stuck right at Wasteland 6 too. I'm bummed as I can't play the game anymore. Sad, I wish they wouldn't release games until they know they work the first time as I can never figure out who to do all the complicated fixes.

Have you tried downloading? If you have, and it still doesn't work, then perhaps it's the same problem that dad33 may have. If so, the same same advice. Send me your savefile for me to fix

gemellegames@gmail.com

I did try re-downloading, which went much better than I anticipated. The game worked for a bit and now its stuck again. Suggestions?
Treefrog
Peasant

Postby Kes » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:26 am

@Treefrog

You don't say where you are stuck. If it's on the stairs by the red chest, you must use your arrow keys. Although the "pathfinding" abilities of modern mouse scripts are amazing, when it comes to something very precise to navigate they can't always work out where they are supposed to go and so just stay put.

If you are the person who sent me an email, I have replied, so check your inbox.
Kes
Explorer

Return to Undefeated - Help and Questions