Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Weird Issue with Continue in Demo

Weird Issue with Continue in Demo

Postby Arrpeegeer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:54 am

Hello, I've downloaded the demo but the "continue" button is always greyed out even though I have saved files so I have to start a new game everytime. But after going through the intro I can then load a save file and continue from where I was +::Dunno

I don't know how much of the demo is left but I've just got the token I'm supposed to take back. I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I like the game so far but I'm not buying it if I have to start a new game every time I want to play. +::surrender

The save files save okay and load okay to/from folder in "AppData\Roaming\Undefeated (Aldorlea Games)" but the game doesn't seem to remember me saving them when I start from desktop.

Any ideas? +::sos
Arrpeegeer
Peasant

Re: Weird Issue with Continue in Demo

Postby Kes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Are you still having the same difficulty, or has it fixed itself? Sometimes a thing like that is fixed by turning the computer off and then on again. As there has been a night between you posting and this reply, I'm hoping that will have solved your pro lem.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:20 am

To be honest, it has never ever appeared to me, and since like a really weird issue.
The save folder is the same, so savefiles should be instantly recognized.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:40 am

I think it must be a hardware issue, because I've spent some time looking at how this might happen. As you can load a save file direct from the folder, we know that they are being created in the normal way. Therefore it has to be some configuration issue of your computer which is preventing the game from recognizing those files while they are in the folder. Once it gets them, obviously it does 'recognize' them, as it will load them.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Arrpeegeer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:35 am

Thanks for the replies but no joy with continuing :(

The only thing I can think of in my case is that currently my PC is a multiple OS setup with a seperate hard drive (P:) for storing the various Windows user data and programs. I need to keep the old systems on hand due to compatibility issues with old hardware drivers for my audio/coding work. I'm actually in the process of porting my old projects to the new system but it's time consuming to say the least. Anyway, it's possible that even though the Load/Save path is recognised in game, maybe the Continue check has a hard coded path or relative path pointing to C drive user data +::Dunno

I've completed the demo and enjoyed it, gameplay feels polished and the menu system is an improvement on other RPGM games I've played. I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling demo to see if that changes anything but at the moment it looks like I'll never find out what that mysterious roar was at the end of the demo +::cry
Arrpeegeer
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:45 am

But surely at least you can uninstall the demo and start fresh with the full game?

Computers are always so stupid, they too often act as enemies of the user... +::Annoyed
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:59 am

Arrpeegeer wrote:Anyway, it's possible that even though the Load/Save path is recognised in game, maybe the Continue check has a hard coded path or relative path pointing to C drive user data +::Dunno

It is doing that. It is looking for this:
C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Undefeated (Aldorlea Games)

What you could do is copy your save files from wherever they are and create the folder that it's looking for; put your copied save files in it and see what happens.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Lookz » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Hmmm I wanna see what this game looks like, but when I downloaded the demo and tried to install it, it said that the files contains invalid data ._.
Dream, believe, work hard, make it HAPPEN :D
Lookz
Wanderer

Postby Kes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:21 am

Either there was a glitch when you downloaded so that a file got corrupted, or your anti-virus program is giving you a false positive. Have you tried to re-download it?
Kes
Explorer

Postby Lookz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:40 pm

I have, but yes, it's my antivirus that gave me false positive ._.
Lookz
Wanderer

Postby Kes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:42 pm

Anti-virus programs seem to hate this sort of game download!! I'm glad you got it sorted.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Lookz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Yes. Even when I finished installing the demo, it almost immediately said it was "virused". But i believed it's 100% safe right?
Lookz
Wanderer

Postby Kes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Absolutely right.
Kes
Explorer

Return to Undefeated - Help and Questions