Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Undefeated Revisited

Undefeated Revisited

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:31 pm

I am replaying Undefeated as it's been a few years since I first played. I like all aspects of the game. I've just come across the first puzzle, moving obstacle crates to create a path, which is one of my favorite puzzles. I'm hoping there aren't any chase or timed puzzles. I'm thinking this is a game that is definitely worth a repeat playthrough.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: Undefeated Revisited

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:42 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I am replaying Undefeated as it's been a few years since I first played. I like all aspects of the game. I've just come across the first puzzle, moving obstacle crates to create a path, which is one of my favorite puzzles. I'm hoping there aren't any chase or timed puzzles. I'm thinking this is a game that is definitely worth a repeat playthrough.

I agree. Moving those rocks around is a challenge, but possible. I have saved every time before a puzzle and had to reload at least once. I'm hoping there are no timed puzzles either. That kept me from trying one recent game. Every developer should allow for the bypass of timed tasks. Not everyone who plays these games enjoys having to rush to finish a task. I have always thought that bribery of a character is a great solution/option for "Cheating" a timed event and still getting the reward.

I had forgotten how much fun this game was when I played about 3 years ago. And it certainly is BIG, too. The only thing that surprised me is that access to some areas like farms and vineyards is triggered by a timeline event. So, I have had to revisit areas that I thought were not possible at all. Luckily, the "pass through" option is a big benefit for certain travel.

I am taking notes for when I play this again in a few years, or less.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:11 pm

It was Gemelle's very first game. A truly great first, in my opinion +::clap
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Indinera wrote:It was Gemelle's very first game. A truly great first, in my opinion +::clap

Were you involved in the development of the game, or soley as the host?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Nope, involved, but Gemelle put a lot of work into it, including the full plot (all Gemelle games have a Gemelle plot).
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:23 pm

Well, there's a definite "Indy" feel to it. I finished it, but not happy with the result. I failed to find the final secret room (#25) and 2 quests (#6 and #8) remain open. I'll reload a previous saved file in the Wasteland and return to see if I can finish those 2 quests. I thought I'd be able to return to the town to give my report, but, I was wrong.

I remember liking Undefeated before. I didn't remember much of the story or playthrough so this was a delightful diversion. As much as I liked building up the skills and spells in Forever Heroes and then again in Wormskull, it was just nice to not have to worry about that aspect in this game. And there was a little bit of crafting with Bastion's recipe book. All in all, I'd say that Undefeated is a really nice game for someone who is just starting out with RPG's and even for those who are more experienced as it provides a nice storyline without a lot of banging your head against the wall trying to complete those side quests. I'm glad I replayed it. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Well, there's a definite "Indy" feel to it. I finished it, but not happy with the result. I failed to find the final secret room (#25) and 2 quests (#6 and #8) remain open. I'll reload a previous saved file in the Wasteland and return to see if I can finish those 2 quests. I thought I'd be able to return to the town to give my report, but, I was wrong.

I remember liking Undefeated before. I didn't remember much of the story or playthrough so this was a delightful diversion. As much as I liked building up the skills and spells in Forever Heroes and then again in Wormskull, it was just nice to not have to worry about that aspect in this game. And there was a little bit of crafting with Bastion's recipe book. All in all, I'd say that Undefeated is a really nice game for someone who is just starting out with RPG's and even for those who are more experienced as it provides a nice storyline without a lot of banging your head against the wall trying to complete those side quests. I'm glad I replayed it. :)

Wow! You got way ahead of me. I couldn't play this weekend because I had to help a person with their wine (no, not the vineyard in the game). I just started again in the mines, so I have a way to go. I keep getting buried by an avalanche, so I came here to see if that was just a cruel Indy-esque joke on me (aka teaser room with a chest I will never get and an exit I cannot use).

Those quests that required a letter delivery were hard to keep track of, so I just kept reading the quests to keep up with them.

Thanks for the heads-up about a "point of no return" for completing some final quests.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:09 pm

kimo wrote:Wow! You got way ahead of me. I couldn't play this weekend because I had to help a person with their wine (no, not the vineyard in the game). I just started again in the mines, so I have a way to go. I keep getting buried by an avalanche, so I came here to see if that was just a cruel Indy-esque joke on me (aka teaser room with a chest I will never get and an exit I cannot use).

Those quests that required a letter delivery were hard to keep track of, so I just kept reading the quests to keep up with them.

Thanks for the heads-up about a "point of no return" for completing some final quests.

And you found out it was, indeed, a teaser??

Okay, the family message quests (#6 and #8) appear to be time sensitive. I would have to go w-a-y back to complete them. So take this FWIW...
Spoiler: show
You have to complete at least one (#6), maybe both, before you rescue the kidnapped child. This is according to a post by Kes that I found on this forum. I couldn't find the maid (soldier's wife, quest #8) when I returned from the wasteland. I suspect I waited too long. The dialogues in Eshley do change if you return before completion. The citizens are now worried. They know something is amiss.
I believe the only thing I'm missing out on, well there are those bragging rights I won't be getting, is a few more goodies in the Giftly Shrine.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:17 pm

This is one great game. I had forgotten about the storyline, so everything was very new. I agree with Lady JJ about it being great for beginners. But, if you haven't played this in a while I suggest doing so when you get bored in the future.

I read somewhere on the forum that the money you end with has an effect on the final outcome. I had 44k gold and
everyone got everything they wanted. One wanted a restaurant, another wanted to improve the slum in the city, and the main member wanted to live life without stress. Or at least that's what I got from the ending.

I played the game in about 15 hours, but it sure seemed a lot longer and that could be because of the well developed storyline.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:24 am

kimo wrote:This is one great game. I had forgotten about the storyline, so everything was very new. I agree with Lady JJ about it being great for beginners. But, if you haven't played this in a while I suggest doing so when you get bored in the future.

I read somewhere on the forum that the money you end with has an effect on the final outcome. I had 44k gold and
everyone got everything they wanted. One wanted a restaurant, another wanted to improve the slum in the city, and the main member wanted to live life without stress. Or at least that's what I got from the ending.

I played the game in about 15 hours, but it sure seemed a lot longer and that could be because of the well developed storyline.

I got the same ending. I will add, though, that another member fulfilled her destiny.
Albeit, a sad destiny it was.

Were you able to complete all 16 quests? Did you get the bestest gift from the Giftly Shrine?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:09 am

Glad you're enjoying this. Now I'd like Kes to read you +::Dunno +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:22 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I got the same ending. I will add, though, that another member fulfilled her destiny.
Albeit, a sad destiny it was.

Were you able to complete all 16 quests? Did you get the bestest gift from the Giftly Shrine?

Sorry, I had stopped watching this thread and then we had Thanksgiving weekend. Yes, that one aspect of the ending I had forgotten about. Destiny isn't always nice.

I did get all the goodies from the Giftly Shrine. I read the forum about how to do that. I am not sure if some of those letter deliveries has an effect on what you get, but I did have all quests completed at the end. And humorously, I ran into the last SR at the end of a short path from what I remember.

I really like when observation skills are all you need to find a SR.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Return to Undefeated - Help and Questions