Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S GIRLFRIEND RESCUE IS OUT!!!!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S GIRLFRIEND RESCUE IS OUT!!!!!!!

Postby Valdy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 am

Yes, I did get another character: Lester the cop. I was quite surprised and wondered for a moment whether he had been there before or not. But then I thought: nah... you couldn't have overlooked him. He is right there in the street. LOL

And thanks for the offer to get another character when playing in Normal mode, but no thanks. There are enough characters here already to mix and match them for many games. Besides... I only just managed to kill the last group on the plane, and it wasn't "easy" all the way through anyway. So no thanks, I would never make it through normal mode.

The fights weren't too bad in most worlds, but some of them were really hard. I was just glad that I had the guy who filled my HP and MP for 60 gold and the save guy standing close by in the plane. And it was really tough at the end in the last worlds, when I had to fight the last two enemies without a break in between.

I am now going to rescue a girl called Sandy. My new guys are: Lester, Phil, and Ralph. Too bad I can't exchange Dan for someone else. I often find that the main character you always have to keep is the weakest of them all. I liked John best from my last group, because he was able to only target the boss, which helped a lot.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:46 am

Indeed, GR is actually quite hard even in the easy mode, especially towards the end.
On the other hand, the party composition plays a major role. With paralyzing (and other enemy-blocking) and healing spells it's so much easier. Actually, this is one of these games you simply cannot finish on harder modes without proper party.

Anyway, congrats on finishing it. +::clap
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Valdy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:19 am

Thank you, Tomas. :) I am rather proud of myself. It was quite tough towards the end.

This is the first RPG in a long time, which I wanted to replay immediately. I am just having so much fun with it.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:22 am

Yes, I did get another character: Lester the cop. I was quite surprised and wondered for a moment whether he had been there before or not.

He is at the beginning of the street. He doesn't feel like it's necessary to help a bunch of kids. +::biggrin +::Annoyed

But then I thought: nah... you couldn't have overlooked him. He is right there in the street. LOL

+::Thumbup

And thanks for the offer to get another character when playing in Normal mode, but no thanks. There are enough characters here already to mix and match them for many games. Besides... I only just managed to kill the last group on the plane, and it wasn't "easy" all the way through anyway. So no thanks, I would never make it through normal mode.

Although the point of steadily doing all modes from easiest to hardest is that you can incorporate the new (stronger, allegedly) character each time.

I am now going to rescue a girl called Sandy. My new guys are: Lester, Phil, and Ralph. Too bad I can't exchange Dan for someone else. I often find that the main character you always have to keep is the weakest of them all. I liked John best from my last group, because he was able to only target the boss, which helped a lot.

Dan is pretty good in general. His triple attack comes early and is very handy. +::wizard
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:25 am

Tomas wrote:Indeed, GR is actually quite hard even in the easy mode, especially towards the end.
On the other hand, the party composition plays a major role. With paralyzing (and other enemy-blocking) and healing spells it's so much easier. Actually, this is one of these games you simply cannot finish on harder modes without proper party.

Anyway, congrats on finishing it. +::clap

Harder mode requires focusing on guns tbh. 8)
Ralph and John are not too good in harder modes but they are great in easier ones - this kind of aspect makes the game pretty unique and interesting.
It also helps if you get lucky and get bonuses relevant to your party.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:26 am

Vald wrote:Thank you, Tomas. :) I am rather proud of myself. It was quite tough towards the end.

This is the first RPG in a long time, which I wanted to replay immediately. I am just having so much fun with it.

I'm happy to hear. And congrats indeed in defeating it. ;)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:20 pm

Indinera wrote:Although the point of steadily doing all modes from easiest to hardest is that you can incorporate the new (stronger, allegedly) character each time.

That may be true for the competetive RPG player, but not for me. As you know, I like to just stroll through a game, have a look around town, buy stuff, find stuff, do some quests, find secret rooms. That sort of thing. I don't care to play the harder modes and thereby get aggrevated. I like to enjoy the games as much I can. So Easy mode (or Vald mode) LOL will do just fine for me. :)

Indinera wrote:Dan is pretty good in general. His triple attack comes early and is very handy. +::wizard

Yes, that is true. But on the whole he doesn't dazzle me with any great moves.

And I have noticed that when, for example, there are 3 rats and 1 human to fight, and I point each player first to the rats (don't want to get poisoned), they never first finish all the rats, but only 2 of them and then the 1 person gets attacked, by which time the last rat often throws some poison at one of my characters, before I can kill it. It's very annoying, and I don't understand why my guys don't kill the enemies I pointed at first. Even if I point all 4 of my guys at the 3 rats, they still only kill 2 rats first and then attack the 1 man, instead dealing with the rats first.

Also, I don't get the "hungry" thing. They are even whining about being hungry when their HP is full. Is that just so I use up some of my precious food? To make game life more difficult for me? To make sure I won't have enough food to replenish their HP when they really need it? And I can't let them go hungry, because then their hits are pretty useless. *sigh*
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:22 pm

And I have noticed that when, for example, there are 3 rats and 1 human to fight, and I point each player first to the rats (don't want to get poisoned), they never first finish all the rats, but only 2 of them and then the 1 person gets attacked, by which time the last rat often throws some poison at one of my characters, before I can kill it. It's very annoying, and I don't understand why my guys don't kill the enemies I pointed at first. Even if I point all 4 of my guys at the 3 rats, they still only kill 2 rats first and then attack the 1 man, instead dealing with the rats first.

Characters attack the enemy you have pointed, unless that enemy has died before they can perform their move, in this case they attack at random.

Also, I don't get the "hungry" thing. They are even whining about being hungry when their HP is full. Is that just so I use up some of my precious food? To make game life more difficult for me? To make sure I won't have enough food to replenish their HP when they really need it? And I can't let them go hungry, because then their hits are pretty useless. *sigh*

They are hungry periodically, after X number of fights (each changes depending on the chara).
Hunger doesn't come with time per se, or with low HP.
It can be a strategic move to let them be hungry during an easy phase/world, since when you cure their hunger, even after leaving them hungry forever, the counter goes by to 0 like you would have given them food immediately.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:10 am

Indinera wrote:Characters attack the enemy you have pointed, unless that enemy has died before they can perform their move, in this case they attack at random.

Not in my version of the game. I point at each of the 3 rats - 2 characters therefore get pointed at the same rat. But only 2 rats are attacked and then the human is attacked (even if I didn't point at him), and then the last rat is being attacked.

And yes, I do let them go hungry sometimes, just for a few rounds, so as not to hand out too much food. LOL
Valdy
Explorer

Postby loof123 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:02 am

Vald wrote:
Indinera wrote:Characters attack the enemy you have pointed, unless that enemy has died before they can perform their move, in this case they attack at random.

Not in my version of the game. I point at each of the 3 rats - 2 characters therefore get pointed at the same rat. But only 2 rats are attacked and then the human is attacked (even if I didn't point at him), and then the last rat is being attacked.

And yes, I do let them go hungry sometimes, just for a few rounds, so as not to hand out too much food. LOL

In battle, let's say you have enemy 1 to 4. When choosing to attack somebody, the enemy with the lowest number is selected, So at first you have enemy 1. If you press the right button while selecting the enemy you wish to attack, you go up a number, so you'd be at enemy 2. Then 3, then 4. Pressing the left button does reverse, it goes down. So if you were at Enemy 1 and pressed the left button it would go to enemy 4, then 3, etc.

I'm telling all this because let's say all of your characters attack the first enemy, or the 3rd enemy, the enemy they attack doesn't matter. Let's say that your 1st character attacks and doesn't manage to kill the Enemy 3. Then your 2nd character attacks the same enemy because you told them to. And he kills Enemy 3. The 3rd character doesn't attack somebody at random, it attacks the enemy with the lowest number, a.k.a. the enemy that would come up first in the enemy choosing menu.

So basically from what I gather, you say 3 rats and 1 human, the rats are probably enemies 1,2 and 4 while the human is number 3. So when enemy number 1 and 2 are dead, 3 gets attacked.

I hope I was clear enough. :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Valdy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:07 am

Oh, I see. Thank you very much for explaining this to me, Loof. :) So what you are saying is that if I want to kill rat number 4 in third place (after rat 1 and 2), then I have to use the right mouse button to select it, and not the left button. Is that right?
Valdy
Explorer

Postby loof123 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:48 am

Oh, what I said about buttons were with the keyboard, I don't play with the mouse, I don't know how to tell which rat is the rat number 4 with the mouse... Sorry... :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Valdy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:27 am

No, I don't play with the mouse. I too play with the keyboard. But I have a laptop, and therefore I am using the left and right "mouse" buttons on my touchpad to point a character at an enemy.

ETA: Forget about the above. I played a different game when I was talking about the mouse, and got the keys mixed up.

Yes, I know now what you mean. I just tried it out. When I use the right key, I can choose whom I want to kill first. +::Thumbup
Valdy
Explorer

Previous

Return to Girlfriend Rescue - Help and Questions