Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

My impressions of the beginning

My impressions of the beginning

Postby littlebro » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:35 am

I was thrown a bit at the beginning, because the style of gameplay is a bit different, and I didn't realise that until I started. Then I remembered the comments about it being a bit like Dreamscape, and being a bit rogue-like, so after that I was fine.

Picking the party without knowing their skills?? Oooh, still I trust Indy not to create poor quality characters, so I just dived in. I chose John, Snow and Joy. They were a bit weak at the beginning (but hey, that's normal, right?). Now I've got them up a few levels, I find their skills and stats very satisfactory.

I've finished the first 'world' - get all the enemies too, so I got my bonus.

I'm trying to do this without using the police 'inns' to heal up. So far I've found plenty of items to keep me going. It is a relief that they will go into inventory, not like Dreamscape where they were used instantly, and you couldn't store them. Still, I managed to do Dreamscape without touching the pink crystal, so I'm fairly confident I'll be able to do this without using the police. (Isn't there a saying about "pride goes before a fall"? Perhaps I shouldn't have made that prediction.)

Really enjoying it so far.
littlebro
Ranger

Re: My impressions of the beginning

Postby Indinera » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:08 am

Picking the party without knowing their skills?? Oooh, still I trust Indy not to create poor quality characters, so I just dived in.

Yeah, don't worry, all the characters are interesting and able to bring something worthy to the party. :) +::wizard

I chose John, Snow and Joy. They were a bit weak at the beginning (but hey, that's normal, right?). Now I've got them up a few levels, I find their skills and stats very satisfactory.

+::Thumbup

Really enjoying it so far.

Great! +::clap
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:15 pm

What happened to my post? O_o
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:17 pm

forum had a hiccup +::Annoyed

what was it about? +::Dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Ummm it was about my impressions of the beginning, but I can post them here! :razz: :razz: :razz:

I started on Hard Mode and went with Phil, Snow and Cookie. Did the first area now, and I must say I like it so far. I tried to inspect everything on the first area, but forgot to inspect the barrels behind Kayzer... and the crate next to him. So I am hoping I haven't missed anything important! I like the characters so far, Phil is doing well with his bargaining, and Cookie is good all around, but Snow is kinda in the dark compared to them right now. And I wanna ask that saving at the police doesn't ruin my chances of getting the best rewards right? I didn't heal, but I can save? :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:40 pm

I started on Hard Mode and went with Phil, Snow and Cookie. Did the first area now, and I must say I like it so far. I tried to inspect everything on the first area, but forgot to inspect the barrels behind Kayzer... and the crate next to him. So I am hoping I haven't missed anything important! I like the characters so far, Phil is doing well with his bargaining, and Cookie is good all around, but Snow is kinda in the dark compared to them right now. And I wanna ask that saving at the police doesn't ruin my chances of getting the best rewards right? I didn't heal, but I can save?

Yes, you can save. +::Thumbup

Glad you like it!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Ryos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:54 pm

loof123 wrote:Snow is kinda in the dark compared to them right now.

I haven't tried all the characters yet but Joy, Martin, Katia, and Phil are all much better than he is as of the fourth area. Snow has that very nice level 1 passive ability but the problem is he really doesn't bring a whole lot to the fight, at least not at this point. Though to be fair, he does more or less make it pretty obvious when you talk to him during selection that he's not exactly a tier 1 fighter. Heck, even Ralph with a couple levels already contributes a lot more to the party's success.
Ryos
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:01 pm

I haven't tried all the characters yet but Joy, Martin, Katia, and Phil are all much better than he is as of the fourth area.

What do you mean by "4th area"?

Snow has that very nice level 1 passive ability but the problem is he really doesn't bring a whole lot to the fight, at least not at this point. Though to be fair, he does more or less make it pretty obvious when you talk to him during selection that he's not exactly a tier 1 fighter. Heck, even Ralph with a couple levels already contributes a lot more to the party's success.

Maybe Snow has more under his sleeve? :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Wait how do you have more than 3 characters with you? TELL ME!!! :) :) :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:15 pm

loof123 wrote:Wait how do you have more than 3 characters with you? TELL ME!!! :) :) :)

You can't, but the 1st version had a glitch that let you have more. Now fixed. +::whistle :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Ryos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Indinera wrote:What do you mean by "4th area"?

World.

Maybe Snow has more under his sleeve? :razz:

I'm hoping he's one of those dark horse characters where his initial weakness is offset by how amazing he is later on. +::biggrin
Ryos
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:21 pm

mabee mabee not +::shhhh +::YAY :razz: :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:29 pm

I just hope he doesn't turn out to be like Daryl... +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Ryos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 pm

loof123 wrote:I just hope he doesn't turn out to be like Daryl... +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin

Ugh, I hope not too! Oh well, I'm playing Easy my first playthrough so if he's Daryl 2.0, I'll just make sure he's never in my party roster again.
Ryos
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:41 pm

loof123 wrote:I just hope he doesn't turn out to be like Daryl... +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin

why would he be like daryl? and didn't you find good ol' daryl amazing anyway? :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Girlfriend Rescue - Help and Questions