Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

My impressions of the beginning

Re: My impressions of the beginning

Postby Tomas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:59 am

loof: I replaced Ralph with John (The Bodybuilder). I.e. I'm playing John + Snow + Katia. Much better now, especially with SP-replenishing items.
Actually, GR difficulty seems to be very sensitive to the right party composition, so restarting a few times definitively paid off.

Indi: Well, once you finish DSC on Pure Nightmare, everything else suddenly seems quite easy. +::biggrin
Tomas
Ranger

Postby loof123 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:00 am

Does the bonus change if we redo the boss battle? Because the bonus I got from World 3 is Girl Power... And I have no girls in my party... :( :( :(

And The Secret Lab tested my patience. So many status inflicters, and those zombies packed quite a punch. I'm running very low on restorative items, and I have no healer... :(

AND NO WEAPON UPGRADES IN SECRET LAB! :( :( :( The only weapon I found was a Whip, which no party member of mine could equip... So I entered with Iron Axe, Screwdriver and an Auto-Rifle, and I left with those... +::cry +::cry +::cry
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:16 am

loof: I replaced Ralph with John (The Bodybuilder). I.e. I'm playing John + Snow + Katia. Much better now, especially with SP-replenishing items.
Actually, GR difficulty seems to be very sensitive to the right party composition, so restarting a few times definitively paid off.

What can work, too, but nobody does it, is pick any party but play in Easy mode. This way you'll get acquainted with the full game (hopefully) and then can compose a new party in, say, Normal, with what you think can be effective.

Indi: Well, once you finish DSC on Pure Nightmare, everything else suddenly seems quite easy

or Astral-Litz +::wizard +::whistle +::lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:17 am

Does the bonus change if we redo the boss battle? Because the bonus I got from World 3 is Girl Power... And I have no girls in my party... :( :( :(

Yeah lol
You got unlucky then
And no it doesn't change +::surrender

And The Secret Lab tested my patience. So many status inflicters, and those zombies packed quite a punch. I'm running very low on restorative items, and I have no healer... :(

You can always use the cops.

AND NO WEAPON UPGRADES IN SECRET LAB! :( :( :( The only weapon I found was a Whip, which no party member of mine could equip... So I entered with Iron Axe, Screwdriver and an Auto-Rifle, and I left with those...

I find the Sledge Hammer is pretty good there cuz it can "KO" enemies. +::shhhh
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:31 am

Indinera wrote:What can work, too, but nobody does it, is pick any party but play in Easy mode. This way you'll get acquainted with the full game (hopefully) and then can compose a new party in, say, Normal, with what you think can be effective.

Well, playing in Hard mode only is a matter of pride. 8)

Indinera wrote:or Astral-Litz +::wizard +::whistle +::lol

Tbh, I had all my LF character maxed (lvl 99, basically the very best equipment) upon entering Astral-Litz, so it was doable. Yes, hard, but not insane as DSC.

loof123 wrote:AND NO WEAPON UPGRADES IN SECRET LAB! :( :( :( The only weapon I found was a Whip, which no party member of mine could equip... So I entered with Iron Axe, Screwdriver and an Auto-Rifle, and I left with those... +::cry +::cry +::cry

I also found a weapon for the Hero / John with DMG 120+. It's called Morningstar Glory, if I remember it right. I believe it was in the second level, but can't say where exactly.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:40 am

I love Hard mode lol but it's always saner, and safer, to play in Easy first. +::whistle

Tbh, I had all my LF character maxed (lvl 99, basically the very best equipment) upon entering Astral-Litz, so it was doable. Yes, hard, but not insane as DSC.

ahahaha
to me LF3 was more difficult but I didn't have all the charas at lv99 lol

I also found a weapon for the Hero / John with DMG 120+. It's called Morningstar Glory, if I remember it right. I believe it was in the second level, but can't say where exactly.

Yup and it's a great one for John. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:18 am

Indinera wrote:I love Hard mode lol but it's always saner, and safer, to play in Easy first. +::whistle

I shall never fall to this temptation. +::biggrin
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:23 am

I do understand you though lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:58 am

Tomas wrote:
Indinera wrote:What can work, too, but nobody does it, is pick any party but play in Easy mode. This way you'll get acquainted with the full game (hopefully) and then can compose a new party in, say, Normal, with what you think can be effective.

Indinera wrote:or Astral-Litz +::wizard +::whistle +::lol

loof123 wrote:AND NO WEAPON UPGRADES IN SECRET LAB! :( :( :( The only weapon I found was a Whip, which no party member of mine could equip... So I entered with Iron Axe, Screwdriver and an Auto-Rifle, and I left with those... +::cry +::cry +::cry

NOOOOOO I MISSED A WEAPON! /me cries. And I thought I checked everything... And Indy, you know damn well I won't use the cops. I wonder how the sewers will be like... HERE GOES NOTHING!
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Tomas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:34 am

Indi is tricky, isn't he? It's pretty hard to find everything.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby loof123 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:35 am

Okay, started the sewers and found a dead rat and a weird eye... :razz: AND OMG I THOUGHT I'D BE DONE WITH ZOMBIES. BUT NO! :(
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:44 am

more zombies in the sewers lol maybe they actually come from there? :razz: +::sos
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:46 am

They have like, TONS of HP! :razz: :razz: :razz:
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:57 am

there IS an excellent strategy against them :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:12 am

I tried the Sledge Hammer, but IT'S NOT WORKING! I suppose I'll have to get them to bleed with the Iron Axe, but not sure. :P I'll try later. :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

PreviousNext

Return to Girlfriend Rescue - Help and Questions