Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Money and Items!

Money and Items!

Postby bgamer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Is there a way to get more money in the game? Also, how come the items can only be bought a number of limited times only? I noticed that I can’t buy a lot of restoring items and I have been using them. So now, I might reload from the beginning to make sure I get enough for the later part of the game. Also, does the mode you pick determine whether you get a good ending or is it just for bonus characters only? :)
bgamer
Wanderer

Re: Money and Items!

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:27 pm

Is there a way to get more money in the game?

By picking Joy + Phil + Snow and get the Gold Digger bonus 3 times. :razz:
Seriously, killing all the enemies does help, but if you want to complete the game without ever dying, you might have to "buy smart", ie choose what to buy.

Also, how come the items can only be bought a number of limited times only?

For the strategic aspect.
It's also more realistic. :)

I noticed that I can’t buy a lot of restoring items and I have been using them. So now, I might reload from the beginning to make sure I get enough for the later part of the game.

Or you can finish the game without aiming at everything being perfect?

Also, does the mode you pick determine whether you get a good ending or is it just for bonus characters only?

Yes, the mode has an influence on the ending picture. It also determines, indeed, which bonus character you may get.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby bgamer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Indinera wrote:
Is there a way to get more money in the game?

By picking Joy + Phil + Snow and get the Gold Digger bonus 3 times. :razz:
Seriously, killing all the enemies does help, but if you want to complete the game without ever dying, you might have to "buy smart", ie choose what to buy.

Also, how come the items can only be bought a number of limited times only?

For the strategic aspect.
It's also more realistic. :)

I noticed that I can’t buy a lot of restoring items and I have been using them. So now, I might reload from the beginning to make sure I get enough for the later part of the game.

Or you can finish the game without aiming at everything being perfect?

Also, does the mode you pick determine whether you get a good ending or is it just for bonus characters only?

Yes, the mode has an influence on the ending picture. It also determines, indeed, which bonus character you may get.

Thanks for the replies. I think I might start the game again and plan better. You got me curious about the Gold Digger bonus, I am assuming you get it later. I am going to change Martin or Snow with someone else. I didn't find them effective. :)
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Sure, go ahead and try new things.
Bonuses are randomly generated at the end of each world. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby bgamer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:47 pm

Indinera wrote:Sure, go ahead and try new things.
Bonuses are randomly generated at the end of each world. :)

Oh, thanks. I didn't know that. +::biggrin
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 pm

But now you do. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Ryos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:06 pm

As far as money goes, one strategy I've seen that works well is to pick Joy and give her all available Red Toros (+50 exp) ASAP so she can start getting bonus money from fights at level 10 (which far exceeds the cost of Red Toros whether you have Phil or not). Phil might be the better bet as far as the potential cost savings go but Joy has some other skills that make her the better investment, IMHO.

Martin gets a whole lot better at higher levels but he definitely starts weak. Specifically:

Spoiler: show
Once he gets Hyper Kid, Martin has a x4 attack. Assuming he can use any of the % SP return accessories, he should be able to keep a permanent 4 attacks every turn. Even with a fairly mediocre weapon selection, he pretty much wrecks everything. So much so that I'll definitely make him part of my next playthrough's crew.
Last edited by Ryos on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryos
Wanderer

Postby loof123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Yeah, at the end of world 1, I got Survivor, which I like so far, coz it gives extra HP at the end of battles, and revives all. :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:13 pm

loof123 wrote:Yeah, at the end of world 1, I got Survivor, which I like so far, coz it gives extra HP at the end of battles, and revives all. :)

Nice bonus, but a lot of bonuses are nice :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby bgamer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks for the replies. The bonuses are really good. Its good to know they are generated randomly. +::YAY
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Ryos wrote:As far as money goes, one strategy I've seen that works well is to pick Joy and give her all available Red Toros (+50 exp) ASAP so she can start getting bonus money from fights at level 10 (which far exceeds the cost of Red Toros whether you have Phil or not). Phil might be the better bet as far as the potential cost savings go but Joy has some other skills that make her the better investment, IMHO.

I wont comment your spoiler since you intended it as such but Joy is deffo a good asset to collect money lol ah, gold diggers +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Thanks for the replies. The bonuses are really good. Its good to know they are generated randomly.

You're welcome! Have fun! +::Dance
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:30 pm

Well then, I should try to pick Joy the next time, but the hidden characters... Once you get a hidden character, you can play them anytime right? As in, no matter which choice you choose, you can select them from the beginning of any mode?
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:42 pm

loof123 wrote:Well then, I should try to pick Joy the next time, but the hidden characters... Once you get a hidden character, you can play them anytime right? As in, no matter which choice you choose, you can select them from the beginning of any mode?

Yes. It's a matter of "savefile". You can accumulate all the hidden charas in the same savefile and then use this to start the game as many times as you want.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Girlfriend Rescue - Help and Questions