Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Maniac Mode Problem

Maniac Mode Problem

Postby Kirin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi.

I just finished playing this game, and while I like it a lot, I'm having a bit of a game mode issue here.

I just wrapped up playing Hard Mode with no healing at all from the police. I got both bonus characters that comes with the mode and not getting any healing from the police, but then here's what happens:

I pushed start and it brings me back to the beginning. I saved the game before choosing my characters as precaution, and when I continue on, the mode for Maniac Mode is there under the "Normal Modes" option.

However, when I closed the game and restarted it, the Maniac Mode is no longer there, and it simply gives me the regular choices as if I'm starting the game for the first time: Information, Easy, Normal, Hard.

Is this some kind of glitch that tricks the game or something?
Kirin
Mercenary

Re: Maniac Mode Problem

Postby Indinera » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:51 pm

Kirin wrote:Hi.

I just finished playing this game, and while I like it a lot, I'm having a bit of a game mode issue here.

I just wrapped up playing Hard Mode with no healing at all from the police. I got both bonus characters that comes with the mode and not getting any healing from the police, but then here's what happens:

I pushed start and it brings me back to the beginning. I saved the game before choosing my characters as precaution, and when I continue on, the mode for Maniac Mode is there under the "Normal Modes" option.

However, when I closed the game and restarted it, the Maniac Mode is no longer there, and it simply gives me the regular choices as if I'm starting the game for the first time: Information, Easy, Normal, Hard.

Is this some kind of glitch that tricks the game or something?

Maniac Mode only appears as an option if you do NOT close the game and press START just after the ending credits.
From there you can save (cop on the top/right) in your "street HQ" at the beginning of World 1 before even selecting any other character to tag along with you, this way you can start Maniac Mode with any party you want.
If you close the game, you can either START with the default set of modes or LOAD your game "containing" Maniac Mode.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kirin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:21 pm

Sorry. I think I need to be a little more clearer.

After I finished the game, I immediately pushed the start option on the title screen and then when I was able to move, I saved my file in a separate slot. Basically, this file should have the maniac option to be selectable.

But when I closed the game and reopened it at a later time, I opened up the save file and the maniac mode was no longer an option. In other words, the save file should have the maniac option as being a selectable difficulty, but it's no longer there.

I replayed the final boss in another save file and after it was all said and done, I pushed the start option and I found the maniac option. I re-saved it in another slot and when I closed the game reopened it, the maniac option wasn't available there anymore either.

I could be guessing, but maybe there's a flag problem that isn't savable there?
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:08 am

I'll investigate. The way you describe it, it does seem like a glitch, cuz iirc, there should be a switch flagging the completion of Hard Mode (or whatever you did).
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lookz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:48 pm

me too me too, I have completed hard mode. wiped out just once, but never using police to heal me. then after completed it I started and only get rogue mode, while it was written earlier that the reward should also be maniac mode. :(
Dream, believe, work hard, make it HAPPEN :D
Lookz
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Lookz wrote:me too me too, I have completed hard mode. wiped out just once, but never using police to heal me. then after completed it I started and only get rogue mode, while it was written earlier that the reward should also be maniac mode. :(

I think rogue is available at the same time as maniac, but you can choose either "rogue" or "regular modes", or something.

That the option goes away if you shut down the game seems to be a glitch, though. But in this case just make sure to select you party and your difficulty mode BEFORE shutting down the game, and you will be fine.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kirin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:37 am

I guess it can't be helped.

However, I just thought of something...

Completing Hard Mode opens up Rogue Mode regardless if you get help from the police or not.

But in order for Maniac Mode to be unlocked in Hard Mode, you have to complete the game without getting help from the police.

Completing Rogue Mode seems to unlock Maniac Mode regardless, so completing Rogue Mode is the only way to go to get Maniac Mode.

Could the Police count flag be part of the problem when you start a new game and save it?
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:36 am

I'm looking into it, it all seems quite weird.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:40 am

sooo...

Rogue Mode available completing Hard Mode

Maniac Mode available completing Hard Mode + No Heal from the Police
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:00 am

http://www.aldorlea.com/Games/Girlfriend_Rescue.exe

Let me know if it fixes the problem. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kirin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:12 am

Problem is fixed! Thanks, Indy!

Maniac Mode now appears even after you close and restart the game.
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:24 am

Very glad to hear. You mentioned the weapon issue just after I had uploaded this, so I had to re-upload a second time, meaning you'll have to redownload a second time too if you want to get your weapon (assuming I managed to fix the glitch lol)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kirin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:22 am

I just redownloaded the game several times. While the Maniac issue has been fixed, the Legendary Weapon isn't. Is it supposed to give me a prompt message after I choose Legendary to see which weapon I need? I only get a renaming companions message before I get to move.

Perhaps it's a Conditional switch problem?
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:52 am

That's because I made yet another mistake.
I made it so that Legendary Mode completed gives the weapon, but it should be that Rogue (and also Legendary) both give it. Gonna fix that.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Girlfriend Rescue - Help and Questions