Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Selatria

Re: New RPG: Selatria

Postby txpeach » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:52 pm

I completely agree Lady JJ! I'd sacrifice a level to have the traps disappear :)
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby whim » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:33 pm

An alternative approach we are thinking of taking is to just simply make it easier to do the puzzle after a few failures. Rather than sacrificing levels or items, we feel it's better to reward the player rather than punish them for playing/proceeding.
whim
Peasant

Postby txpeach » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:08 pm

whim wrote:An alternative approach we are thinking of taking is to just simply make it easier to do the puzzle after a few failures. Rather than sacrificing levels or items, we feel it's better to reward the player rather than punish them for playing/proceeding.

I like this idea. I am never opposed to trying something hard, but after 15 tries, it gets disheartening.

Thanks for listening to your players!
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:52 pm

txpeach wrote:
gita wrote:Stuck in the prison corridor, cannot run fast enough - my reflexes are not good - is there a way to succeed without running?
thank you

Completely agree! Hate these types of things. Too old and slow for them. I did eventually make it but it took many tries and lots of frustrated screaming and cussing.

Get ready cause there is a worse one coming up!

Game developers:

The game needs way more save points. Preferably menu save option. If you get killed in a battle, it may take 2 hours or more to get back to where you died. Also, some of us have lives outside gaming and to have to quit to do things in RL is just painful.

You also need more places to buy potions and the like. I just killed by the Treasure Hunting Troll. I had used up a lot of my potions with the traps. Went into the battle with NO AP. The last chance to buy potions before this battle was when we were Mage in town.

Consider giving the option to play at a lower level for us older folks that no longer have the ability to move as quickly as younger people.

Thanks for the "real time" prison corridor comments. I do not like these type of challenges, so I won't be buying it now. Playing a game is supposed to be FUN. Otherwise it would be called ... work. I agree with the save points. I don't always have an hour without maybe having to stop and actually do something constructive. I'm not that old, but I play to relax and procrastinate. +::Dance
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:52 pm

whim wrote:An alternative approach we are thinking of taking is to just simply make it easier to do the puzzle after a few failures. Rather than sacrificing levels or items, we feel it's better to reward the player rather than punish them for playing/proceeding.

+::Dance +::clap +::YAY
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby bobcat » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Can someone tell me what to do with the switches in lealine sewer...i have been trying different combinations for an hour and i can't seem to get it
bobcat
Peasant

Postby elsebeth » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 am

elsebeth wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:
elsebeth wrote:I love this game! But I am stuck in the Rivale Northern Cave. I have to find 4 slimes for the Healing Goo Mush but I can find only 3. Please, can anyone tell me where to find the slimes in the cave?? Thanks!

Did you find the 4th slime yet? I don't recall exactly where they were, and, at the time, I just thought they were randomly placed. I do remember they are visible, so keep looking around.

Oh, and don't sell all your regular goo. You might find a need for some later.

No, I didn't find the fourth one yet. I have been in and out now at least ten times but I can't find the last one. So I move on with the game and return later (I hope) to try again. I have a whole lot of Goo Mush left now :).

Sunday: I tried again to find the forth slime again a dozen times. Nope :(. I bought the game (was playing the demo) in the hope that it was just a glitch but no... So it must be something that I overlook or do wrong. I leave it for now in the hope that the cook doesn't have something that I need somewhere else in the game!
Still love to play the game :-)!
Thanks anyway for tryng to help me +::heart !
elsebeth
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:47 pm

bobcat wrote:Can someone tell me what to do with the switches in lealine sewer...i have been trying different combinations for an hour and i can't seem to get it

Down-Up-Up-Up-Up will bring you to the ladder that leads to the castle storage room. This is not necessary if you've already accessed the castle with the pop singer.

Up-Up-Up-Down-Up brings you to the treasure chest.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby whim » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:14 am

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know we did update to Patch 1.2 today, not only for the main retail game, but on the free demo as well. We keep past patch notes up on our website: http://whimindie.com/selatria-patch-notes/

Here are the notes:

Patch 1.2 Notes

<<New Features/Changes>>

[General]

• A new free demo is now available to the public which includes all patch data up to 1.17 in Chapter 1 development.

• The Reserve Selatria cap has been increased:
Previous Value -> New Value:
Chapter 1 – 300 -> 500
Chapter 2 – 450 -> 900
Chapter 3 – 600 -> 1300

• A more triumphant obtaining item theme plays when obtaining treasure of high-value. (This currently plays only with new treasure that fits this criteria. Will retroactively be placed in older treasure chests in the future.)

[Chapter 1-3B]

• The prison escape sequence now becomes easier after three failed attempts. Additional treasure is available at the end for players who can complete the escape scene at its original difficulty.

[Chapter 1-5]

• The hidden cat in Mt. Onyo has been moved, additional treasure has been placed in the previous location.
• More varieties of monsters have been added to Mt. Onyo – Second Ascent

[Chapter 3-3]

• The waterfall sequence now becomes easier after three failed attempts. Additional treasure is available at the end for players who can can complete the scene at its original difficulty.
<<Fixed Issues>>

[General]

• Addressed several different passability issues with certain objects.
• Addressed certain lines of dialogue that did not match up with its voiced counterpart.
• Fixed several grammar/spelling issues.
• Lengthened certain voiceovers before they were interrupted by another character.
• Addressed issue where Mage did not learn Focus as a Paramedic or Elementalist.
• Addressed issue where Luis did not re-learn abilities obtained in the story when the game is updated from an older version.

[Demo build only]

• Addressed an issue where a black screen appears at the end. The “Thank you for playing” message now appears appropriately.

[Chapter 1-2]

• Various elements of Availia have been removed in an effort to improve the playability of Selatria on lower-end machines. The gameplay has not been affected.

[Chapter 1-3B]

• Addressed an issue where the player can get stuck if they walk to the left of the bed in the prison wake up sequence.
• Addressed an issue where notification sounds would continue to play if soldiers became aggressive in certain areas of Availia.

[Chapter 1-5/2-1]

• Addressed an issue where the Mt. Onyo bridge can be walked off of.

[Chapter 2-3B]

• Addressed an issue when the music on the ship sequence was inconsistent.

[Chapter 2-4]

• Addressed NPC comments on the resistance of ghouls and ghosts in line with game updates.
• Addressed an issue where Shopkeeper resets position upon leaving the Abandoned Path. To counteract this, the player is now not allowed to leave the vicinity until they help him with the bridge once agreed to.

[Chapter 2-5]

• Addressed various visual and audio issues related to the rescue of the Shopkeeper.
• Addressed an issue where soldiers would respawn on the fifth floor of Wayu Tower immediately after being defeated under certain cirumstances.
• Addressed an issue where vines could be climbed up sideways in the Wayu Tower.
Addressed an issue where the same switch can be pulled twice after the statue puzzle is solved.

[Chapter 3-1]

• Addressed an issue where the incorrect dialogue was being played dependent on who is in the party.
• Addressed issue where Mage returns to Magician clothing if it is revealed he is a THIEF.

[Chapter 3-3]

• Addressed an issue where the wrong graphic was used for canoe in Smuggler’s Passage.

[Chapter 3-4]

• Addressed an issue where vines could be climbed up sideways in the Goblin Village.
whim
Peasant

Postby whim » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:18 am

elsebeth wrote:
Sunday: I tried again to find the forth slime again a dozen times. Nope :(. I bought the game (was playing the demo) in the hope that it was just a glitch but no... So it must be something that I overlook or do wrong. I leave it for now in the hope that the cook doesn't have something that I need somewhere else in the game!
Still love to play the game :-)!
Thanks anyway for tryng to help me +::heart !

Note that B2 of Rivale Cave will change based on what form you are. It's a different layout. That might give you a hint. ;)
whim
Peasant

Re: New RPG: Selatria - Stuck in chapter 1!

Postby Xena » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:09 pm

I have completed the trial cave, and gone to the academy area. After fighting our way through the town of Availia, now find myself as Mage outside the town, on my own, town gates are closed and the only person is the sales girl who says I will need to go north via Rivale.

Have tried to do that, but they will not let me pass and do not trigger a fight. Nowhere else to go - despite having checked everywhere and going back over the trial cave system - what am I suppoed to do? What am I missing?

+::sos

EDIT:
It's ok - I have found that one needs to click on the gate - not the guards! +::biggrin
Have got into the gatehouse now.
Last edited by Xena on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xena
Peasant

Postby txpeach » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! All the extra save points have made a frustrating game very enjoyable! I will be purchasing the full game now.
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby bobcat » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:39 am

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THE PATCH IF I ALREADY BOUGHT THE GAME
bobcat
Peasant

Postby txpeach » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:23 pm

It's not a patch. Just install it over the old version. Works perfectly!
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby Ricbyrne » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:56 am

Need help at the Abandoned Path! Been stuck here for hours. I found and placed one plank for the Shop Keeper, but can't locate the second plank to be able to cross the bridge. You are confined in a small area and I searched and clicked everywhere. What am I missing? +::sos
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers