Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S TALE OF A COMMON MAN IS OUT!!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S TALE OF A COMMON MAN IS OUT!!!!!

Postby bgamer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:02 pm

littlebro wrote:
bgamer wrote:I have just downloaded the demo to give the game a try. I am enjoying it immensely so far. I do have two questions, for the secret rooms how many should we expect to find until the ending of the demo? Also, how come we can’t backtrack to previous locations in the game? :)

I can answer the first part.
I got the same number as you before Greenwell, but the demo goes on beyond there, and I found another one in the next area.

As for not being able to go back, I'd have to guess that.
You can't go back to the farm with Aaydon because there is, as Jerrat says, no food there. So it would be the logic of the story. And I think (guess) that it would be the logic of the story which then says you can't go back into the Woods after you've completed that big side quest, you have to move on. Of course, I could be wrong about either or both of those, but that's how I explained it to myself.

Thanks for the reply. I guess your reasoning makes sense. I was curious about backtracking because I didn't want to miss getting the secret rooms. :)
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby Madmar » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:09 pm

I have downloaded the demo and was playing along when I got the following message...

Script 'Shaz 1.08mouse' line 279. NoMethodError occured. undefined method "tilemap_offset" for nil:NilClass

This is the same message I got playing Undefeated and it made playing less than enjoyable since I would lose all my progress. I am playing on a different computer. A desktop with windows 8 and I am playing with my old wired mouse thinking the wireless mouse might be a problem. I played undefeated on a laptop with a wireless mouse. What could be the problem??? I don't understand why I have this problem and why I am seemingly the ONLY person having this problem.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Indeed not many people are reporting it... maybe some hardware problem? I really dunno... +::surrender :(
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Madmar » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:44 pm

The only thing both computers have in common is both are HP. Different computer, different mouse. It is very disappointing since I was really looking forward to this game. I do not have this problem with any other games, just the ones by Gemelle.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby passerine » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Thanks for hint of pg down & up for spend points.

Wonderful game, TY.

ETA You can go back to Mellowkeep so probably other places too.
passerine
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Madmar wrote:The only thing both computers have in common is both are HP. Different computer, different mouse. It is very disappointing since I was really looking forward to this game. I do not have this problem with any other games, just the ones by Gemelle.

But the ones by Gemelle are pretty unique, so maybe that's why.
Are you OK to play without the mouse though? Cuz it can be disabled from the Main Menu.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:23 pm

passerine wrote:Thanks for hint of pg down & up for spend points.

Wonderful game, TY.

ETA You can go back to Mellowkeep so probably other places too.

Glad you love the game! +::wizard

You can return to a lot of places, yup, but not ALL of them.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Madmar » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Need to use the mouse, bad hands. The game has cut out with the same error 3 times just while playing the demo. I may have to pass. I had reported the error when playing undefeated and have played the game only once because of this problem. I love these games because they can be replayed but the frustration with the mouse is too much. +::surrender
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:43 pm

As always we'll be forwarding your feedback to the mouse scripter, but I really dunno what's going on there...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby myst23 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Postby Kes » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:39 am

myst23 wrote:
Help! I want to try this game and then buy it but windows 8.1 wont let me. Says it was discarded then it proudly comes up
with "windows protected you from possible threat". I kmpw its a negative postive or whatever but I cant turn McAffee off to download it and then play it. Can someone please help?

I'd like to help, but I don't have Windows 8 or Mcafee. However, as it says Windows protected you, it's unlikely to be Mcafee. Have you looked in Control Panel for Security settings and temporarily disable it there?
Kes
Bard

Thankyou kes, I'll try that!
myst23
Bard

Postby Madmar » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Myst my windows 8 also blocked my download. big blue bar came up. There was a drop down on the blue screen thing, more info or something, that provided the option to override and download anyway
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Madmar » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks Indy, I really want to play and enjoy the game. I've played other developers but I love your games and am disappointed I am having this problem
Madmar
Explorer

Postby briony » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:48 pm

Indy -another winner for you- this game is terrific- love the humour, the artwork and the storyline+: +::Thumbup
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:35 am

briony wrote:Indy -another winner for you- this game is terrific- love the humour, the artwork and the storyline+: +::Thumbup

Thank you very much. I also honestly thought of it as terrific. Up there with TBOL and Asguaard IMHO.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Aggeliki » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:38 am

i ve just finished the demo!!! thank you for this game!

things i loved :
Spoiler: show
EGREEEEESSSSS!!!!!! +::Thumbup --the potion making ability!!!--the long demo that is event related and not time related--the battles!!!!!--the encounter rate +::heart +::heart +::heart

one observation:
Spoiler: show
when our little farmer finds his family slain, i would expect a cutscene, an artwork showing his facial expressions, a couple of pics with him crying , because the story at this point feels kinda rushed outthe one moment he sees the bodies ,the next moment he is out seeking revenge...

+::heart
Aggeliki
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to The Tale of a Common Man - Help and Questions