Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

A few suggestions

A few suggestions

Postby Tomas » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:22 am

Two things I noticed while playing TToCM:

1. When ending the game by pressing F12, I get an error message:
Spoiler: show

2. Unlike the other Aldorlea games, the game doesn't react to pressing a direction key when another direction key is pressed. In other words, when I hold for example Down Key and then I press the Right Key, the character doesn't turn right. This makes searching crates and so on a bit clumsy, because I need to release the previous key first. It was the same in Undefeated, btw, if I recall correctly.
Tomas
Ranger

Re: A few suggestions

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:37 am

I forwarded 1. to the scripter.

Unlike the other Aldorlea games, the game doesn't react to pressing a direction key when another direction key is pressed.

Actually it should (and does for me). Unless I'm very mistaken, this is how you walk diagonally in this game.
Aren't you able to walk diagonally at all?

In other words, when I hold for example Down Key and then I press the Right Key, the character doesn't turn right.

It should go down/right diagonally.

This makes searching crates and so on a bit clumsy, because I need to release the previous key first. It was the same in Undefeated, btw, if I recall correctly.

Scripts for both games are very similar lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:39 am

From scripter:

Yep. F12 is not a standard way to end or restart the game, and I never intended to support it. I did say a while ago I would take a look at it when I have some time, and IF I can find the cause easily and it's a quick fix, I would do it. There are many issues with F12, with numerous scripts.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:53 am

Indinera wrote:It should go down/right diagonally.

I does. The probelm is when I search along a left-to-right oriented wall. Then the diagonal movement is not possible and the sprite doesn't move at all instead of moving right. That's the difference from the other games.

Indinera wrote:From scripter:

Yep. F12 is not a standard way to end or restart the game, and I never intended to support it. I did say a while ago I would take a look at it when I have some time, and IF I can find the cause easily and it's a quick fix, I would do it. There are many issues with F12, with numerous scripts.

I see. I know F12 isn't the right way of ending the game, it's just that I've been used to it since LP.
Tomas
Ranger

Return to The Tale of a Common Man - Help and Questions