Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

spend points

Re: spend points

Postby flavie » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:26 pm

I started playing in normal mode, invisible monsters look rather easy. I wonder in Hard mode if monsters would be a bit more or too much difficult... +:::|
I add the spending points from time to time, does adding them all would make the game too easy?
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:11 am

Not at all, fighting becomes harder with time.
I once played on normal mode without using any points and and it got really tough towards the end. There was one boss fight I had to replay like 10 times and I only beat in the end because I was lucky.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby flavie » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:18 am

Thanks for the in formations. I stay in normal mode. :)
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby Kes » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:00 pm

But on the other hand, if you use the spend Points (which is what they are there for) the difficulty curve remains much, much more manageable.

iirc, when Cassiopeia used them on her replay, she found it much more straightforward and (I'm going by memory here) even used one place to level up a bit that she had avoided as too difficult the first time round.
Kes
Explorer

Postby littlebro » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Trouble is, a lot of us are hoarders, and it takes a bit of work to get out of our habitual ways of doing things.

However, these spend points cured me of that. When you think about it, those extra stats are worth so much more at the beginning of the game than at the end. 3 ATK points when you've only got 30 give you a much bigger percentage boost than 3 when you've 90.

So when it came to A Timely Intervention, I used all the stat boosters as I found them, and it made a big difference there too.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:59 pm

Kes wrote:iirc, when Cassiopeia used them on her replay, she found it much more straightforward and (I'm going by memory here) even used one place to level up a bit that she had avoided as too difficult the first time round.

Absolutely correct, great memory! +::Thumbup

littlebro wrote:Trouble is, a lot of us are hoarders, and it takes a bit of work to get out of our habitual ways of doing things.

That's very typical for me. But like you, in ATI I wanted to make good use of them. I did for a while, but checking out the stats is a lot of clicking in this type of menu, so I ended up keeping a lot of boosts again.
However, in ATI they didn't make such a big difference as in Common Man.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Previous

Return to The Tale of a Common Man - Help and Questions