Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

spend points

spend points

Postby dgford » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:59 pm

I'm enjoying the game so far, but I have a question about spend points. I can't figure out how to toggle between characters? For ex, upon leveling up, I first HAVE to be in Jerrat's screen (unless he doesn't have any spend points). Then I HAVE to use all his points up before I can get into Aayden's spend point screen. I'm hoping there's a way to toggle b/t them that I haven't yet discovered, b/c I really don't want to have to use up one characters points all the way to get to the next. Thanks!
dgford
Mercenary

Re: spend points

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Page Up/Down should do the trick. From my experience you need to validate one character to go on with the next one, though.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby dgford » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Thanks! I'll try that. +:oops: (Thanks! It worked perfectly!)
Last edited by dgford on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dgford
Mercenary

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Ah, good to know. I wondered too. I only found out that I can change the party leader so as to see their spend points screen, but that's a little inconvenient.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Ah, good to know. I wondered too. I only found out that I can change the party leader so as to see their spend points screen, but that's a little inconvenient.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:20 pm

I usually use all my spend points the moment I get them. +::biggrin +::wizard +::Dance
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Well, for me it's the same as all the stat boosting items in other games. I can never decide what to choose (or whom to give those items), so I keep them ... and keep them ... and keep them ... +::lol
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:54 pm

and game gets harder... harder... harder... :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Nah, I'm doing pretty fine actually. I'm not that far yet though. Still hunting witches. :)
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Of course, I always assume *everyone* plays in Legendary Mode :razz: +::grrr
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:04 pm

Of course, I always assume *everyone* plays in Legendary Mode :razz: +::grrr

Now then, no need to show off!!

@Cassiopeia
I tend to hang on to stat boosting items until I've got everyone and can see who needs what most. However, with spend points you can't give them to anyone else, so you may as well use them.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Indinera wrote:Of course, I always assume *everyone* plays in Legendary Mode :razz: +::grrr

Well, I always do. Always! This is the very first time for me to play normal mode. +::whistle

Kes wrote:However, with spend points you can't give them to anyone else, so you may as well use them.

Yes, I know, but I'm never sure about what to boost, lol.
I will use the points (probably), but as long as I'm getting along that well, I'll just keep them so that later in the game I'll know better what my charas actually need.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Kes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:13 pm

One thing you might want to do is to have a good look at the skill descriptions. You will see that some are using different stats to the normal ones; for example LUK is used in Jerrat's healing skills, and Aaydan uses both LUK and AGI for some of his. It might be an idea to boost those stats if you think you're going to be using those skills.

Then I think it goes without saying that as Eloabeth uses a lot of attacking spells, it would make sense to bump up her MAT. I play a bit defensively, so I like to have stats like MDF high so that I can go longer before having to use a potion or rest at an inn to heal up. I think one's own personal style of play makes a big difference in how characters are customised.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Kes wrote:One thing you might want to do is to have a good look at the skill descriptions.

Yuo I do. BUT there might come spells at higher levels that I like better and that require other stats to be boosted, so I keep my points ... and keep them ... and ..... +::lol

Kes wrote:I think one's own personal style of play makes a big difference in how characters are customised.

Indeed. I hardly used ANY potions so far (I collect them and ... yes, keep them, lol), cuz I'm doing pretty fine healing them up by guarding frequently and I've not needed any mana potions yet.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:52 pm

When spending the points, I follow a simple "The faster you deal with the enemies the better" rule.
So ATK / MAT, AGI and LUK. Works well so far. :)
Tomas
Ranger

Next

Return to The Tale of a Common Man - Help and Questions