Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Never say Never - me and Legendary mode

Re: Never say Never - me and Legendary mode

Postby Indinera » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:58 am

The last bit is pretty tough but IMO very exciting. Requires fine use of your CM knowledge indeed.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:26 pm

It certainly starts getting tough when Sleep won't work so well anymore.
The last quarter was tough even on normal.
(Especially without using any spend points ..... +:oops: )
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:30 pm

You are supposed to use them. :razz:
Why do we even bother implementing new functions? :razz: :razz: :razz:
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:39 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Littlebro, I admire you for doing this, I don't think I'd have the patience, and I would say it's NOT fairly easy! So keep on being proud of yourself! +::lol

Thank you!

But did you really do it without using any spend points? That must have been incredibly challenging! Kudos to you.

Indinera wrote:The last bit is pretty tough but IMO very exciting.

Absolutely true. Though with my strategy - which included using Asterie and her Protective Shield skill constantly - I got through without a single character dying.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:49 pm

Indinera wrote:You are supposed to use them. :razz:
Why do we even bother implementing new functions? :razz: :razz: :razz:

Errrrrrr .... yup! Good question! +::biggrin

littlebro wrote:But did you really do it without using any spend points? That must have been incredibly challenging! Kudos to you.

Yes, I did. I can never decide what to use, so I always procrastinate and end up never using them.
I was perfectly fine until the point where Eloabeth's Sleep didn't work so well anymore. Then it became difficult. And I haven't been as angry in a long time as I was when fighting this guy at the end, before the final fight. What was his name? +::grrr
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Kes » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:27 pm

No wonder you suffered! It must have been so very difficult if you didn't use any of the points. The balancing would have been done on the basis that people would use them. If you've got a convenient save file, why not pick it up from, say, the return to Kalegan, use the points and see what a difference it makes. It doesn't matter if you don't have the optimum distribution - anything has to be better than nothing!!

And do you mean the hooded assassin?
Kes
Explorer

Postby littlebro » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:19 am

Yeah, I can't imagine trying to do with without using any spend points. It would be the equivalent of being several levels down, at the very least.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:47 pm

@ Kes - I'll certainly replay the whole game anyway (Christmas holidays ahead - yay!!!) and then I promise to use my points! +::lol
I don't quite remember if it was a hooded assassin. Maybe so. He was on the first floor after the sewers in one of the rooms, and I found him MUCH more difficult than the final fight. I had to restart it many times, while the last one I finished on my first try.

@ Littlebro - I did level up a lot though, so this might have made up for it a bit.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Kes » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Sounds like it might be Lord Devon, the Perfect Wizard. Just a few pointers

Spoiler: show
round one - get in all your buffs etc., Magic Reflect Potion is a must (use Aaydan for this, as he is fast), but also both of the regeneration potions. Asterie could cast Preserve first round to protect from things like blind, but it doesn't protect against venom, so instead I used her to cast Protective Shield on my hardest hitter so that he would be protected from Lord Devon's counter attacks. I used her to put that on each character one by one and keep them that way, with one of the others doing any necessary healing. As I had kept all my Party Brews until now I had about 24 of them, and so could use one of them whenever necessary without leaving myself short for the final battle.

And good luck with your replay.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Yup, that was him!
Thanks for the tips. I don't remember how I finally bet him. I just remember it wasn't a good experience for neither my desk and my fist. +::grrr +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby darkange » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:21 pm

I'm another guy who started playing indie's games at legendary mode only .... put me in that special group of hardcore players lol.
This kind of games are way easier compared to games made by Indie only .... because you can see the HP and the stats of the monsters ... the strategy becomes so much easier.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Previous

Return to The Tale of a Common Man - Help and Questions