Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Precisions on Lord Biron and Asomond please

Precisions on Lord Biron and Asomond please

Postby flavie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:22 pm

I need to see better the story: events before Neston

Spoiler: show
Why did Baniel the 2nd spy gave Lord Asomond information to evade Lord Biron's troops? +:::|
So Asomond won't suspect Lord Biron spy on him?

Feniel the 1st spy discovers he's chasing Asomond, which Lord Biron didn't tell him. Lord Biron thinks " Feniel why are you loyal to the Duke?" So Feniel works for the Duke.. Asomond? +::Dunno +::sos
I thought Asomond would go to YORIEN instead of coming back to GALEHAR.

This spy story is cool 8) , a spy spied unaware of his boss true intent +::heart
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Re: Precisions on Lord Biron and Asomond please

Postby Kes » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:04 am

I'm going to put this in a spoiler.

Biron is working with Asomond from the start, secretly.
Branel enables Asomond to evade the Duke's troops because he (Branel) is under order from Biron to do so.
Biron says that bit about Feniel being loyal to the Duke - the Duke is the ruler of Kelagan. It is Lord[i] Biron and Lord[/i] Asomond.
Everyone (I hoped) would assume that Asomond would try and take over Galehar. The fact that he was trying to take over Kelagan should be a surprise.

I'm glad you thought the spy story was cool.
Kes
Explorer

Postby flavie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:10 pm

Lord Sevalir in Galehar is loyal to the Duke of Galehar contrary to Lord Asomond and Biron, isn't it?

Lord Asomond tried to take over Galehar,Feniel was just to keep watch on how he's going on?
Last edited by flavie on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby Kes » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:42 pm

The first thing to remember is that each country has its own Duke, as they are all independent of each other.

Sevilir is loyal to his Duke, the Duke of Galehar. Asomond is not loyal to him. So everyone thinks that Asomond is going to try and take control of Galehar and become the new leader.
But Asomond's real plot is to take Kalegan, because it is much weaker, and he has an ally there - Biron. Biron simply wants more power, and thinks he will get it when Asomond is the ruler.

Now Feniel was deceived at the beginning. He thought that Biron served the Duke of Kalegan. When he learned that Asomond had been in Kalegan, he went to find out what was going on. Feniel always stays loyal to his Duke, the duke of Kalegan. It is only once they are all in Galehar that they realise what Asomond's plans have been all along.

Hope that makes it clearer for you.
Kes
Explorer

Re: Precisions on Lord Biron and Asomond

Postby flavie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:17 pm

Thanks! I hope these informations will lighten other players in need too. :)

My man thinks you picked terminator's soundtrack for the "entrance" screen +::biggrin
flavie
Explorer

Postby Kes » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:54 am

If you mean the track that plays when you see the title screen, it's called Theme Crystalized by a Norwegian guy called Ove Melaa.

So no, not anything from the Terminator soundtrack.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Valdy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:59 am

I too got confused about who is working for whom and against whom, and even after having played the game several times, I am still never quite sure until the end is near.

And, as I mentioned in another thread, the soundtrack for the title screen is the best I have ever heard. In fact, I often turn up the volume on my laptop, and let it run for quite a while. I especially love the part with the violin coming through loud and strong. +::Thumbup
Valdy
Explorer

Postby flavie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:34 am

"Vald" you have the music files in the game's folder :)
flavie
Explorer

Postby Kes » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Vald wrote:I too got confused about who is working for whom and against whom, and even after having played the game several times, I am still never quite sure until the end is near.

That is, sort of, the intention. The player has a little bit more information than the party, but I wanted the player to be surprised by the plot twists as well as Jerrad and friends. What the little cut scenes 'elsewhere' are doing is giving the player bits of information so that when the plot twist is revealed, it doesn't just come out of the blue, but so that the player can say "Ahha! So that's what was happening." And everything falls into place.

And, as I mentioned in another thread, the soundtrack for the title screen is the best I have ever heard. In fact, I often turn up the volume on my laptop, and let it run for quite a while. I especially love the part with the violin coming through loud and strong. +::Thumbup

I'm pleased you like it so much. I, too, have often just stopped and listened to it. It's a great piece of writing.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Valdy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:13 am

Thank you for the info, Flavie.

Kes, thank you for the explanation. I do get that "aha!" moment - eventually. LOL

This is still my favourite RPG. Absolutely flawless. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Kes » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Thank you. I'm glad you think so highly of it.
Kes
Explorer

Return to The Tale of a Common Man - Help and Questions