Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Troubleshooting: can't play a game from Aldorlea?

Re: Troubleshooting: can't play a game from Aldorlea?

Postby Lynz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:56 pm

I am having problems playing most of tyour game because of the keyboard controls

after playing for a couple of hours the up and dowm keys stop working and my hero drops to the bottom till it hits an obsticle Iv'e had this problem with all the games even bought new keyboards thinking they have broken but this has not been the case they have all worked on my daughters computer without any problems it's very irritating

On getting the newsletter that millenium 4 was to be released soon I thought I'de run through 3 again to catch up where I was in the story and again my keyboard collapsed have you any clues as to what could be causing this or do I have to buy yet another new keyboard to play this one is number 5
I have not played any of the games since late April

I'm running XP Proffesional SP3 64 bit vidio card 2G RAM

Please can you help me solve this problem
Lynz
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:26 pm

To be fair, I don't think it's the keyboard's fault, but the computer itself.
It does that to me at times but it's quite rare.
One thing that would raise your chances to avoid this problem is to make sure to unplug other stuff you may have for your computer: printer, scan etc. (usually they are plugged via an USB stick).
Also make sure to play your games without other programs running in the background.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lynz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks for a fast reply

I do turn off my printer when not using and do not run anything else on my computer while playing the games
it's happened on all of the games at sometime It's not the keys as typing this message I missed out a word and used the up and down keys to edit they just don't want to work in the games

Iv'e tried Dreamscape aveyond and three stars and all are the same
Lynz
Wanderer

Postby Lynz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Downloaded vagrant hearts trial and that played ok
Lynz
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:05 pm

You mean Vagrant Hearts play well but not Aveyond or 3 Stars?
Even if you play 3 Stars just after Vagrant Hearts?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 am

Puppet,
Lavasoft should update their AV soon.

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.ph ... opic=31523

:)

You will be able to enjoy Dreamscape at last! +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lynz » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Yesvagrant hearts played ok but the others wouldn't
I tried again this morning and I couldn't beleive they all played without a hitch
I just don't understand why

thanks for listening to my rants fingers crossed all will be ok for this evenings playtime
Lynz
Wanderer

Postby Puppet » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:21 am

Indinera wrote:Puppet,
Lavasoft should update their AV soon.

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.ph ... opic=31523

:)

You will be able to enjoy Dreamscape at last! +::wizard

Annoyingly, I still get the false positive after updating Ad-Aware. I posted in the thread you mentioned. Thanks for following up on this.

At the same time, even after I add dreamscape.exe to the ignore list on Ad-Aware or turn it off, I still get the error after the loading screen. I think it may be a separate issue. (I've since uninstalled the download version of the game that gave me the LP5 error).
Puppet
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:25 am

I would be safer to try and fix the loading screen problem is Ad-Aware was behaving properly about it though (ie you don't need to add it anywhere).
If the other games of mine are fine (LF, MM etc), chances are high that Dreamscape should be fine too. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Problems with Plimus

Postby Jincy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:05 am

I've bought games from Aldorlea (through plimus) before with no problems. This time, after giving them credit card information, instead of getting an email with a key in it (to Millennium 3), I got an email saying that they would be phoning me for verification. This is ridiculous. Hours have passed, on top of which there's absolutely no need for this. I've emailed them asking them to either email me the key or cancel the order. Is this happening to other longtime customers? Why?
Jincy
Wanderer

Re: Problems with Plimus

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:22 am

Jincy wrote:I've bought games from Aldorlea (through plimus) before with no problems. This time, after giving them credit card information, instead of getting an email with a key in it (to Millennium 3), I got an email saying that they would be phoning me for verification. This is ridiculous. Hours have passed, on top of which there's absolutely no need for this. I've emailed them asking them to either email me the key or cancel the order. Is this happening to other longtime customers? Why?

Hi, I totally understand it can be annoying.
If you have a Paypal account you can send it directly to me by specifying which game(s) you want:
laxiuspower@wanadoo.fr
I would send the key(s) asap (unfortunately if I'm sleeping you would have to wait a bit... I'm no cyborg yet O__o)

Please also let me know what comes out of your email. I believe they do phone verifications at random but I wouldn't know for sure.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Jincy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:23 am

Thanks for the offer, but I used a credit card. Still waiting, hours later. If I should ever buy another game from you, is there a way to do it without going through Plimus?

Again, thanks for trying!
Jincy
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am

Jincy wrote:Thanks for the offer, but I used a credit card. Still waiting, hours later. If I should ever buy another game from you, is there a way to do it without going through Plimus?

Again, thanks for trying!

I believe you should look into setting a paypal account if you want an alternate method.
I also think those phone verification are rare so it would be a bit sad to drop my work entirely just for that... +::surrender
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Jincy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:01 pm

By the way, it has now been 24 hours and still have not gotten my key or gotten any response from Plimus. They are impossible to contact directly. The payment shows as "pending" in my credit account. I would love to call the bank and have them remove the charge, but I'm leery of doing that at this point since Plimus is being so cryptic and annoying.

Is there any way around this? If I buy a game using PayPal, does that avoid Plimus? Or do your PayPal payments go through Plimus too?
Jincy
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:33 am

I sent you an email.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Elendia Ceus - Help and Questions