Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Astrology or not?

Astrology or not?

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:56 pm

So what do you pick for your characters? That they believe in Astrology, or not? And why? Completely at random? :razz:
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Astrology or not?

Postby johnboy412000 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:39 pm

I didnt read the guide at first and chose Believe in Astrology which i may well regret now. +::biggrin
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:42 pm

johnboy412000 wrote:I didnt read the guide at first and chose Believe in Astrology which i may well regret now. +::biggrin

Oh, every choice has its pros and cons :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Ryos » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:32 am

I opted to go all Astrology my first playthrough. No particular reason why since the game doesn't really spell out the differences, but some of those abilities are pretty darn good. Gamewise it feels like everyone's meant to not do Astrology. Definitely gives some incentive for at least one replay to see how the game plays out down the path you didn't select.
Ryos
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:59 am

but some of those abilities are pretty darn good.

Like which ones?

Gamewise it feels like everyone's meant to not do Astrology.

Why?

Definitely gives some incentive for at least one replay to see how the game plays out down the path you didn't select.

Yup, definitely.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Some differences I noticed.

Annie with astrology gets Charmed. At least I think it's with astrology rather than by leveling up, as I'm pretty sure that I've reached the level where she had it before. That skill is so useful for bosses that I may very well regret picking no astrology this time.
Mick without astrology gets a skill called Animal something, which I think is more useful than Equilibrium.
Jack seems about the same value either way. Different skills, but all equally useful.
I kept Soleil without astrology this time as well because I didn't want to change everyone at once.

First time round I picked Annie's and Soleil's alignment at random, and I didn't realise how I was being asked for Mick and Jack until the replay when it dawned on me. So first time round was random for them as well.

EDIT
I think Mick also gets an anti-dragon skill without astrology. I wasn't taking notes on my first playthrough - mistake on my part, obviously - so I can't be 100% sure.
Last edited by littlebro on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:56 pm

until the replay when it dawned on me

+::Thumbup +::wizard +::Dance
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Ryos » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:05 am

Indinera wrote:
but some of those abilities are pretty darn good.

Like which ones?

Given this is my experience with just full astrology but Emporium Magicka means you basically have unlimited MP with everyone (with +MP equipment). Granted that means Mick will basically just be a mana battery at that point with Emporium every once in a while for a change of pace, but it's really quite powerful. Sadly, I completely underestimated Virgin Charm because charms in games usually break when charmed enemies are attacked, but all of Annie's astrology abilities can be quite powerful. Will have to see how Soleil compares but her astrology abilities pretty much make her able to debuff/buff everything to the point of being unfair (poison status effect in particular decimates just about anything not immune to it in this game). Oh, and Blood Spill is just too good since it always works - talk about a boss killer.

Gamewise it feels like everyone's meant to not do Astrology.

Why?

The abilities just seem a lot more like what I'd expect out of someone with that character class. Soleil in particular has a lot of lines that sound like something her class would say, but her astrology abilities are completely different.
Ryos
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:01 am

Sadly, I completely underestimated Virgin Charm because charms in games usually break when charmed enemies are attacked,

It does break at Lv1 (still, you can use spells), but not at Lv2 +::wizard +::wizard +::wizard

but all of Annie's astrology abilities can be quite powerful. Will have to see how Soleil compares but her astrology abilities pretty much make her able to debuff/buff everything to the point of being unfair (poison status effect in particular decimates just about anything not immune to it in this game). Oh, and Blood Spill is just too good since it always works - talk about a boss killer.

Yes Blood Spill is excellent but works even better if somehow you manage to make Soleil faster than everyone (including your own). Strategy, strategy, told you this game had a bit of LF in its blood! :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Elendia Ceus - Help and Questions