Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Rare Fossils

Rare Fossils

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Do both of the boney creatures drop them?
And what's the drop rate? I've been killing the same ones like crazy over and over again, but to no avail. +::surrender
Cassiopeia
Hero

Re: Rare Fossils

Postby littlebro » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:46 pm

Only some of them do, and those that do do not respawn (I think). If you keep going and fight everything that comes your way, there is not need to go hunting for them. At least, that's how it was for me. I ended up with more than the 3 that were needed.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Ryos » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am

They aren't 100% drop rate but in general, if you kill everything that (doesn't) move, you'll have way more than the 3 you have to have. I had 6, personally.
Ryos
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:00 am

I also believe (not sure tho) that some bones do respawn.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:59 pm

The bones respawn? I didn't see any of the skulls on the floor re-appear so far. And no, I did not end up with enough fossils. In fact the first time I ever got a drop was almost at the end of that part and only then I realized that that's the way to get those fossils. Now there are only two skulls left. Which means I have to get a drop out of each, but the one I've been fighting over and over again only had two of those "Titanium" thingies or whatever they are called. When I got the first fossils the fight had the other kind of monster as well so I don't know which one actually gave it.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:18 pm

I think you must have missed some enemies, then, because there were lots of opportunities to get the fossils. Did you click all bones you came across?
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:58 pm

In the secret rooms you get more of them.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Indinera wrote:In the secret rooms you get more of them.

I found them all though.
Only ...
Spoiler: show
Mega Secret Room #5 only seems to be accessible after killing that big dog and I had postponed that, so now there are some more bones. (Now that I don't need them anymore ....)

littlebro wrote:I think you must have missed some enemies, then, because there were lots of opportunities to get the fossils. Did you click all bones you came across?

Yes, I did. I fought so many of them, that's why I thought the drop rate must be very low.

However, today I managed to get a drop from both the remaining skulls anyway. Persistence pays ...
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:12 pm

I guess I must have been VERY unlucky when roaming those caves. Now in MSR#5 I got a fossil from almost every skull, and after one fight I even got 2 .........
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:05 am

Perhaps this is all evidence of a vast cosmic plot against you.

Seriously, you seem to have been very unlucky at first. But I'm glad you've got all you need now.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Or the drop rate in that Mega Secret Room is higher. I had to replay it becuz .... 2 big dogs?!?!?! They killed me the first time around. +::O_o
And when I went through the Secret Room again I got even more fossils than the first time .....
Cassiopeia
Hero

Return to Elendia Ceus - Help and Questions