Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Making Abismo easier

Making Abismo easier

Postby kimo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Apparently, I am not the only person playing every older game that Indi has released. Gorilla brout up some issues I wanted to offer some advice on since I just completed Abismo.

Postby Gorilla4 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:28 pm
I thought I missed something too because I found the abismo terrible!!!! In fact, I played a few times with this game. I followed the strategy guide. At one point, I didn't understand how I could miss the poisoning spell; I didn't know where I could learn it. Also, I couldn't win the last battle in the arena so I didn't level up much and won stuffs. Now it was time to enter the cave of the abismo where the creatures where difficult. Had to use a lot of spells to win, too much for my own taste... Never finished LF in fact, but with the guide, it is not that hard... And you can always level up because the opponents keeps reappearing! Not in EC.

First, I would agree the battles in this game are some of the most challenging Indi has offered and I am playing on Normal.

Jack had the poison spell from the beginning and I think he got it as a result of my answering the Astrology vs. Gun question? But, sorry, I don't remember my exact answer (I think I answered "Gun").

Level 3 in the Arena kicks butt and I found there is a bit of luck to not get KO'd. I did it 2-3 times before being successful. There are some things you can equip that "protect" from KO.

You should be Lvl 20-21 for Abismo, you’ll be lvl 25 when you are done. It gets easier, but with 70 Pirate Grog (what you should start every major dungeon with) you should be fine. I used Soleil's magic for healing most of the time. Use the Tameira level raising pillar when you get characters to Lvl. 18-19 at least.

The biggest trick to raising levels in any game is to make sure you are not wasting a level increase if you are only a few hundred points from a level increase. Also, in Elendia Ceus, never sit in a chair or touch a pillar without first knowing who would be best served by a level increase. Jack was always the lowest level character, but if he only needed a few hundred XP, it would be a waste to use a level increase point.

If you need to increase XP by a few hundred points, try entering Abismo, battling a few baddies and exiting. Repeat as necessary and return to your home on “Tameira” for free healing at your manor. Then use the mailbox in Tameira for a great all character increase when your characters are about lvl 18-19. There are some areas in this game with respawning baddies, but many times you need to leave an entrance/screen to activate the respawn.

I am now 1/2 way through GoldNest and it doesn't get a lot easier, but my characters have gain some serious spells that really kick butt. Yes, Gorilla4, this game seems to use a lot of spells. But that is not a problem if they work like Soleil's KO spell on the right opponent.

I hope this helps anyone replaying this very challenging and fun game.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Making Abismo easier

Postby Gorilla4 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Hi Kimo, just saw your helping hints today. I will replay Elendia Ceus, and try them. I will level up more for sure and will try to have that poison skill... Thank you so so much. This game is a big defeat for me. When I played with Millennium I survived until the end but never succeed at the end. Not levelupping so much. This is the key and finding the right spell.

This game is so beautiful. It deserve another try.

Thank you!
Gorilla4
Bard

Return to Elendia Ceus - Help and Questions