Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Welcome to ATI's forum

Re: Welcome to ATI's forum

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Hey, I noticed sth funny (probably another glitch). On world maps Galenda has a different sprite. A girl with long red hair.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Kes » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Well spotted! I will try and find out what has happened.

You timed your report well. With luck there will be a new version uploaded tomorrow with, among other things, the timing for the display of the EXP reduced by a lot that I think you commented on. So I can get this fix incorporated into that upload.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:36 pm

That will be cool cuz the waiting time after each fight is really a bit disturbing. +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby david42 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm

When I try to access the Eye of an Eagle from the Items menu, the game crashes with the error:
Unable to find file:
Graphics/Pictures/Earring 01

I can equip it though, so not a big issue.
david42
Wanderer

Postby Kes » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:38 pm

The cause has been tracked down and will be fixed in the next upload. In the meantime, it will only crash if you try and look at the Eye in the Item menu. Avoid doing that and you'll be okay.
Kes
Explorer

Postby david42 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:38 am

Kes wrote:The cause has been tracked down and will be fixed in the next upload. In the meantime, it will only crash if you try and look at the Eye in the Item menu. Avoid doing that and you'll be okay.

Thanks. Yep, easily avoidable.
Btw: Were you able to replicate the top-up infusion issue I mentioned at the bottom of the last page?

Edit: I found the Eye of the Eagle very useful at the end!
Last edited by david42 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
david42
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:57 am

Kes wrote:With luck there will be a new version uploaded tomorrow with, among other things, the timing for the display of the EXP reduced by a lot that I think you commented on. So I can get this fix incorporated into that upload.

I have never redownloaded a game from here. How do I do this? Do I first uninstall the game, and then - I assume - you will give us a new link to the game (or do I just click on the "download" tab on the main game page again), and after installing it, I will use my key to activate it. Is that how it's done?
Valdy
Explorer

Postby david42 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:01 am

Just finished. An excellent and very enjoyable game, well done to all involved.

I played Legendary mode, with Invisible monsters and the playtime tells me it took 27 hours. It was probably a bit longer than that in total, so the 30 hours estimate was pretty accurate. I think I find this a good length for one of these games. I only did a bit of levelling-up at the start, after that, the monsters were reasonably well balanced with my abilities.

A nice touch, which I don’t remember seeing before, is some of the monsters slumping over when they have little HP less. Another thing I liked is that in most cases I could go back to previous areas. There were very few, if any, times where something had to be done before something else or it couldn’t be completed. The story also made a nice change from someone or something trying to destroy the planet.

There was only one secret room I needed some help to find, so I was pleased with that. Oh, being able to carry around the tutorial scrolls was very useful. I can never remember what all the stats mean or the different statuses.

Spoiler: show
When the parties eventually joined, I wasn’t really sure who to have, so left it with Alissia’s original party, which meant that the other 4 or 5 became irrelevant from that moment on, as far as battles were concerned, which seemed a shame.

I’ve just read earlier posts in this thread and discovered why every time I changed screens, the save defaulted to the top. I’d agree with others that I never used the autosave, so would have been happy to have turned this off and opted for the save always to default to the last manual one. If we could only have saved at the memory stones, now that’s a different matter.

I didn’t find the delay for the experience that much of a problem. For me, the delay for the level-up dialog caused more of an issue and often pressed Esc before it had appeared and missed what new skills had been learnt. They also often over-lapped the dialogue.
Last edited by david42 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
david42
Wanderer

Postby Kes » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:20 am

@Vlad

I'm not sure how redownloads work, so you'll have to wait until someone who has redownloaded comes by with the answer. By definition, it is something I never have to to do!

@David42

Yes, that top-up infusion is now fixed. Future players will curse you, but I'm sure your shoulders are broad enough to take it.

The overlap of the level up screen with dialogue has also been fixed.

Interesting that you kept Alissia's party intact. I never did, so it's good to have confirmation that there is indeed a wide range of parties which have the necessary skills to finish the game. Personally I found Leofric and Wulfric such poeer houses that I couldn't bear to leave them out.

There is a "Player's Memories" thread, if you are interested in leaving some slightly more detailed comments.

And I'm so pleased you enjoyed it.
Kes
Explorer

Postby david42 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:37 am

Kes wrote:Future players will curse you, but I'm sure your shoulders are broad enough to take it.

Ah well, they weren't necessary. I had so much gold, that buying potions wasn't an issue.

Kes wrote:Interesting that you kept Alissia's party intact. I never did, so it's good to have confirmation that there is indeed a wide range of parties which have the necessary skills to finish the game. Personally I found Leofric and Wulfric such power houses that I couldn't bear to leave them out.

It probably had more to do with avoiding making a decision +::biggrin
But, I did find Havoc's Jugular Jump skill to be amazingly useful.

Kes wrote:There is a "Player's Memories" thread, if you are interested in leaving some slightly more detailed comments.

Done
david42
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Dunno whether or not this has been reported yet:
In Bylun Tower 7, after lighting the blue flames, when I step down the stairs there's a short cut scene with Jallund, then the party is downstairs. When I go back up the stairs down won't work anymore. I can only egress out there.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:38 pm

And sth else: "Deeper Down", where Jallund has fallen, there's a spot on the right wall where I can walk onto the black part of the wall. It's above the lower nook.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:And sth else: "Deeper Down", where Jallund has fallen, there's a spot on the right wall where I can walk onto the black part of the wall. It's above the lower nook.

do you have a screenshot of that?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Dunno whether or not this has been reported yet:
In Bylun Tower 7, after lighting the blue flames, when I step down the stairs there's a short cut scene with Jallund, then the party is downstairs. When I go back up the stairs down won't work anymore. I can only egress out there.

Is this in Deeper Down? I think Kes wanted it impossible to leave this part.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Indinera wrote:do you have a screenshot of that?

Quite honestly, I was too lazy to take and upload one. It's easy to find though. It's opposite from where Jallund is to be found. There are two nooks on the right wall and the spot I mean es right above the lower one.
If you can't find it I'll upload a screenshot tomorrow.

Indinera wrote:Is this in Deeper Down? I think Kes wanted it impossible to leave this part.

No, it's in Bylun Tower 7. You light the flames, you fight, you leave. When you step on the stairs, Jallund says he wants to die or sth like that, then it switches back to the party and they are downstairs. But when you go back up, the stairs won't take you down again.
Cassiopeia
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to A Timely Intervention - Help and Questions