Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Welcome to ATI's forum

Re: Welcome to ATI's forum

Postby Kes » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:47 pm

Vald wrote:BTW... Kes, are you Gemelle Games? I am still new here, and don't know who is who.

Yes, that's who I am, and that's why you see me answering queries about Undefeated, The Tale of a Common Man and now A Timely Intervention. It can be difficult to work that out unless you read the Credits at the end of the games, and I know a lot of people don't.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Valdy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:12 am

Indi, it just goes to show how little I paid attention to Egress in the past. I always thought that it was for escaping battles.

--- --- ---

Kes... I love games where Gemelle Games is involved. :) As I have repeatedly said, "The Tale of a Common Man" is my favourite RPG. I love everything about it. And, as with "Undefeated", it's the interaction of the characters, and how they speak (or think) that I find so entertaining in these games.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Tomas » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:20 am

Kes wrote:
Tomas wrote:Autosave should not be allowed to be overwritten.

Unfortunately there is really no way of preventing that. I looked around for other scripts, and they all are like this.

Would then be at least possible to exclude Autosave from the "last save" choice? I mean, the biggest complication with that is that almost everytime you want to save you need to scroll down from Autosave. And sometimes you also overwrite it by accident, which can be pretty confusing.
I've noticed in other languages animals bark/cluck/meow/in different ways - at least going back the spelling of them. That one might be spelled 'woof' in some places.

My bad, I actually first read it as "Wtf!". And that really surprised me... +::biggrin

One more thing: When the "Level up" window meets with a cutscene, it isn't closed by pressing Space / Enter key (only the dialogue reacts on this). Which means that the cutscene is overlapped by it.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Valdy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:09 am

Tomas wrote:My bad, I actually first read it as "Wtf!". And that really surprised me... +::biggrin

LOL That is funny. I saw it for what it was... LOL but was a little surprised to see Wff instead of woof.
So... what language does Havoc speak?

--- --- ---

Additional: BTW, I saw in the other ATI thread that a couple of people didn't like the way the enemies looked. I thought they looked just right. And it does look quite realistic when, for example, someone is close to dying, and you see him on his knees just before you give him one last hit. I thought the animation of the enemies was very well done.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Kes » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:29 pm

@Thomas

I spent a lot of time looking around at different autosave scripts, and they all seem to do that, or at least, all the ones for Ace do. I'll certainly have another hunt for the next game, though, because I agree with you that it is not the best. The problem is that save scripts automatically go to the last save made. When you have an ordinary script, that will be e.g. save file 13 or save file 21. However, with an autosave script, that last save made will be the autosave slot if you have changed maps since loading the game. So far I have not even heard of a script which can distinguish between autosave and normal save for this purpose.

As for the level up screen - there was a choice. I could either set it so that it stays until the player hits 'enter' or I could set it so that it goes away after x number of seconds. My concerns was that some people read much faster than others, and choosing a time would inevitably mean that for some people it would be far too slow, and so would feel like it's dragging, and for others it might be too quick and they can't absorb the information in time before the screen vanishes.

However, I'll discuss this with Indy and see what he thinks. If he thinks that, on balance, a set time is better, than I can make that change.

Thanks for your feedback.

EDIT
Actually I think I may have found a better way to solve that level up screen problem. I need to test it first, as I'll need to change something in the script.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:33 pm

I just read what Tomas said about the Autosave. I agree with that, although I understand that you have to go with the scripts you get.
However, you say the script automatically goes to the last save made. This is very annoying too. You change maps so often, so it's basically almost always the Autosave slot. As long as you have saved in slot 1 to 3 or 4, it's okay. But the farther down you've saved, the more annoying it becomes having to move down there every time. If you don't use the mouse the mouse, that is, which I never do.
I personally always questioned the purpose of Autosave anyway, at least when you're able to save everywhere. And an Autosave that saves after screen changes is quite useless to me. After a battle would make more sense.
I'd certainly rather drop it if I could.

There's something else that I noticed. After the battles the gained XP show up really long. Like 5 seconds or so, and it can't be clicked away. That's quite delaying.

To say something nice too ... I'm not that far into the game yet, but I really like the story. Time travels - very cool! +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Kes » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:03 pm

The next upload will have a shorter time for the EXP showing.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Really? Wow! +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby nicholas » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Just finished the game. +::YAY Loved it. +::kiss Liked going back and forth between sets of players. Broke up the boredum. Also liked the ending. Hope there is a sequel. +::Thumbup
nicholas
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:48 pm

nicholas wrote:Just finished the game. +::YAY Loved it. +::kiss Liked going back and forth between sets of players. Broke up the boredum. Also liked the ending. Hope there is a sequel. +::Thumbup

Glad to hear this! I'm going to open a Memories thread now. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:50 pm

Nicholas, feel free to be the first:

viewtopic.php?f=217&t=9110

+::wizard +::lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:19 am

Cassiopeia wrote:There's something else that I noticed. After the battles the gained XP show up really long. Like 5 seconds or so, and it can't be clicked away. That's quite delaying.

I have mentioned this too in one of my earlier posts, but got no response back. Considering the many fights, it's a bit tedious to sit through the wait each time until you get back to the main scene.

There is another thing I would like to mention. When I want to give a boost to one of the characters, I have to look very carefully to see which one I am pointing at, because the background colour is very dark grey and the colour of the - don't know what you call it - the screen that goes over each character, is black.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Bluerose » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:15 am

Vald, you can change the color of the screen, just go to options and move the scroll bars til you get the color you would like.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:57 am

Thanks for that info, Bluerose. +::Thumbup I didn't know that the Window colour also changes the background of the place where all the characters are seen at the same time.

ETA: Oh... I see I am a Bard now. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Bluerose » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:24 am

Glad i could help. :)
Bluerose
Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to A Timely Intervention - Help and Questions