Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Daughter quest

Daughter quest

Postby pafpearl » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:16 pm

I have a red failed quest for rhennada, the daughter who wanted to reach her aunt. I found her in the new city (Worfdon I think) but still got a failed quest. I dont recall even getting this quest.

NM, I went back and see how I missed the quest. But it was 3 1/2 hours of play from that save to where I am so I will catch her on my next play through! next time I will check my quest list each time I save so if i have to go back it wont lose so much time.
pafpearl
Bard

Re: Daughter quest

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:25 pm

I had that too and had to replay part of the game.
You can't get that quest when you first meet her. The father won't let her go. I don't remember exactly what it was you have to do first, but it had something to do with making the travel save. Killing thieves maybe? Something like that. Only then you can get back to them and then the father will allow her to come with you.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby pafpearl » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Thanks Casseopia I figured it out. Unfortunately too far along in the game. Guess i didnt return to the dad's house after clearing out the thieves. Next time!
pafpearl
Bard

Postby pafpearl » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:16 pm

I decided to replay when I realized I had missed two important skills and a good weapon. So I went back and spoke to the father and got the quest. When I realized she was missing on the way to Worfdon I went back and found her and fought the creature who had her. After a successful fight I was given the weapon by the daughter but then suddenly she was dead. Went back and told the father, he told me to get out. Went back to the aunts house and she was still there and alive. Still got a failed quest. I guess i shouldnt have spoken to her before I went back to the Gloomy Mountains. But why is she still alive at her aunts?
pafpearl
Bard

Postby Kes » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:47 am

If she's alive at her aunt's , then that is an oversight on my part, which will have to be fixed, so thanks for pointing it out.

That quest goes like this.
Only after clearing out the thieves will the father allow her to go.
She goes missing.
You must go and find her before leaving the west entrance of the Gloomy Mountains. You can go back east (where you came in), so you can get supplies etc. if you want, but not west.
Fight the Gloomy Lion to rescue her. It may drop a nice claw for Wulfric
She gives you a bow.
Carry on to your destination.
Kes
Explorer

Postby pafpearl » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:54 pm

Thank you, Kes. She is definitely alive at her aunts. But let me tell you what I did.

Missed getting the daughter quest after fighting the thieves.

Went thru Gloomy Mts to Worfdon and found her alive at her aunts.

realized I missed the quest so went back to her fathers house, and got the quest.

Went straight thru Gloomy Mts.

realized I missed the gloomy lion fight with a skill for Wulfric, so went back into Gloomy mts to search for the lion. at some point the party realized rhennada is missing and i went to search for her, realizing that must be where I find the lion. I see her behind the lion lyng down like shes dead, but the lion attacked so i fought him.

After beating lion, Rhennada came out from where she was lying, but still lying down and gave us the bow. Then she lay down dead and the party went to give the bad news to her dad.

When I returned to Worfdon she was still alive and talking at her aunts house.

I played from a save with the other party, so when I came back to Wulfric's party we had left the gloomy Mountains already. If i go back to her father to get the quest at this point, before i see her at her aunts house, will I be able to do the quest? Or is it already too late once we switch parties because getting back to wulfric's party means we have left the Gloomy mts? I dont want to go back to a save in the gloomy Mts because that is at least 4 hours of play ago! And i really dont want to clear out the Lake for a third time just for a small money/experience reward. or am I missing something else?
pafpearl
Bard

Postby pafpearl » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:18 pm

OK I couldnt stand looking at that red failed quest so I replayed so i could complete it. It was almost four hours of play but since i already knew where the hidden rooms were I didnt have to explore every nook and cranny and just skipped thru all the dialog. I am now at the lake for the third time! Worst dungeon in the game, figures its the one i have to repeat the most. As soon as i finish it I will be caught up and only have lost about 2 1/2 hours. oh well, its fun to play!
pafpearl
Bard

Postby Valdy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:22 am

pafpearl wrote:I have a red failed quest for rhennada, the daughter who wanted to reach her aunt. I found her in the new city (Worfdon I think) but still got a failed quest. I dont recall even getting this quest.

This is the one quest I couldn't do either. She was no longer at home, but I found her in that new city, and I got a quest - I can't remember now what it was - to meet her aunt? But she was already at her aunt's house? At least I thought it was her aunt's house. Anyway... didn't know what to do about it, so I left it. Will pay more attention to what Kes when I replay the game.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Kes » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:40 pm

@pafpearl
If you fought the lion and got the bow, then I personally don't think it's worth while going back. It sounds like there is more than one glitch in that side quest, so I shall have to have a proper look at it. From my point of view, it's a good thing you did all that extra work, so thank you. I can see, though, that from your point of view it must have been a bit of a grind. So I'm sorry about that.
Kes
Explorer

Postby pafpearl » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:07 am

Keys...It probably wasn't worth it from a reward pov to replay but I hate getting failed quests! So I'm glad I did. Haven't had a chance to get back to playing and clean out that lake for the THIRD time but looking forward to doing so and moving on to the next part of the adventure!
pafpearl
Bard

Postby semcrae » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:25 am

Why have a quest that is so specific that it seems all players really had no way to complete it outright and had to replay for hours to complete it?
semcrae
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:13 pm

The problem for me in this quest is that when I regained control of Jallund's party after finishing the Underworld Shrine and other events with Alissia's party, is that Katye mentioned that we abandoned the girl in Gloomy Mountains. I was like WTF?

Then I decide to load a file that I had in Gloomy Mountains and realised that there was a dialogue where they notice the girl went missing after progressing a bit in the mountain.

But I am 100% sure this dialogue wasn't triggered when I played for the first time, I just passed by the mountain without ANY warning the girl went missing.

Yet another poorly designed quest along with the Son among the thieves quest, and I am not complaining anymore because it seems the developers doesn't care.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Return to A Timely Intervention - Help and Questions