Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Stonebarrow Lake !!

Stonebarrow Lake !!

Postby Xena » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:30 am

+::sos

On quest at Stonebarrow Lake to find out why fish are disappearing. Spoken to Man there and used boat.
I have been to all 5 islands without leaving the lake, but the man is still not saying that all of the monsters are gone.

He keeps saying he can still hear them!!
What am I missing?
I have confirmed that I have cleared the central, west, east, south-west, and south-east islands, including all 3 waves on south-east.

Why have I not finished the quest?? :(

UPDATE:
Just managed to find one beastie that was hiding on the central island - doh! All sorted. +::Dunno
Xena
Peasant

Re: Stonebarrow Lake !!

Postby Kes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:05 pm

Yep, it has to be all of them.
That's why I made sure the guy with the boat would be able to tell you precisely if there were any left or not. It is so easy to overlook one.

Glad you found the final one.
Kes
Explorer

Postby RAndrews » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:08 am

"On quest at Stonebarrow Lake to find out why fish are disappearing. Spoken to Man there and used boat.
I have been to all 5 islands without leaving the lake, but the man is still not saying that all of the monsters are gone"

I seem to have found a problem with this. I misread the guide and went to the island with the waves of monsters first - now they don't regenerate. I've killed the number of groups of monsters mentioned in the guide, so I'm pretty sure I've got them all (I can't find any more), but it still says they are not all killed.

Ross
RAndrews
Bard

Postby Kes » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:43 pm

They only regenerate if you leave the lake completely. Going to the SE island first does not make a difference to the counting of enemies, it's just easier to leave them till last so that you know what to expect.

If you are absolutely and utterly convinced that you have found them all, then you will need to send me your save file so that I can see what is going on. Send it to
gemellegames@gmail.com

However, I suggest that you take another slow and careful walk around all the islands, because if the man is saying that he can still hear them, then you must have missed one somewhere. Every time you defeat one, there is a switch which is activated and counted. When that counter hits 15, the man will tell you that there are none left. We know that the switch for every encounter does work, because otherwise no one would have been able to complete this quest.
Kes
Explorer

Postby RAndrews » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:17 pm

I am convinced - and I've definitely killed 15.

No worries - I'm moving on. I've spent over 2 hours messing around with this, so I'm just going to carry on regardless :)
RAndrews
Bard

Postby Kes » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:42 pm

Okay, if you're happy to do that.

I did wonder, though, if the problem is that you were counting the 3 waves of fights on the SE island as 3 enemies, instead of 1. Because if you did, that meant you had only found 13 enemies, and that would explain why the man was telling you that some were still around.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Fanatik007 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:10 am

Kes wrote:Every time you defeat one, there is a switch which is activated and counted. When that counter hits 15, the man will tell you that there are none left. We know that the switch for every encounter does work, because otherwise no one would have been able to complete this quest.

where I can look that switch? And pls help me I investigate all islands looking for days I killed all 15 of them, yet man keep telling me they still moving.
Fanatik007
Bard

Postby Kes » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:00 pm

It's not a switch that the player can see, it's part of the coding.

However, if you send me your save file I can have a look at it and try and work out what's happening.

gemellegames@gmail.com
Kes
Explorer

Postby Fanatik007 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Kes wrote:It's not a switch that the player can see, it's part of the coding.

However, if you send me your save file I can have a look at it and try and work out what's happening.

gemellegames@gmail.com

sent it
Fanatik007
Bard

Postby avaline » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:48 pm

Hello
i am having the same problem +::fear
so now i am going to kill them again and count them +::cry
so the little island were we fight 3 big waves it count for 1? +::fear
they are 3 big islands central,west and est ,after 2 little yes?with enemies i mean +::cry
thank you and sorry for my English
very intelligent game and good so far, and for the first time i play legendary hahaha +::O_o +::O_o
so
little island 2 mobs
2.central 5
3.west 3
4. est 3
little waves 1
so were is the last one ???? +::O_o +::O_o +::cry i click on al all all the trees and stuff all day +::Annoyed +::cry +::cry HELP PLEASE
NO ONE CAN TELL ME PLEASE?
avaline
Wanderer

Postby zelanius » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:02 am

There is definitely some kind of error in the setting up of the Stonebarrow Lake quest. If you defeat the waves of enemies, and exit the lake, they do not reset at all. All other enemies will reset except them. This prevents you from completing the quest. I had this happened to me and had to reload from an earlier save.
zelanius
Peasant

Postby J. D. Guy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:53 am

zelanius wrote:There is definitely some kind of error in the setting up of the Stonebarrow Lake quest. If you defeat the waves of enemies, and exit the lake, they do not reset at all. All other enemies will reset except them. This prevents you from completing the quest. I had this happened to me and had to reload from an earlier save.

Playing the Steam version, and I just now noticed this has happened.

Unfortunately, it seems that while the roaming enemies on the other 4 islands are reset when you re-enter the Lake from the overworld, the event that triggers the 3 fights in a row on the Southeast Island won't reset. This means that if you make the mistake of fighting the Southeast Island fight in a run on the Lake were you aren't planning on finishing up the entire quest (like I and a number of others did), you'll be prevented from completing that quest altogether as soon as you leave the Lake with a single other enemy alive. (Sucks, since it is recommended to use this spot as a grinding location for EXP and Skill Levels, but there's no hint that fighting on the Southeast Island and then leaving with other enemies alive will lock you out of quest completion.)

I don't suppose there's anything you could do with my save file, @Indinera?

In the meantime, I'll try my luck with emailing my save file to Kes's provided email. I hope it works and I hope they still check it and that they'll respond and be able to help. I'll wait a few days for a response before I decide on what I want to do. I did a lot of Skill grinding and do not have a recent enough save file to go back. (I really don't want to re-grind those skills from back in the Underworld. :( ) It would be sad if this ended up snowballing my playthrough when I'm so near the game's completion.
J. D. Guy
Peasant

Return to A Timely Intervention - Help and Questions