Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Pippin

Pippin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Any ideas on how to defeat this birdie at the colyseum?
I did win eventually, but only by staying passive.
I just equipped Immunity Rings, killed off the three other thingies and then focused on staying alive while letting the Darkness Ring do the rest. Nothing else would work as the birdie counters everything and hits real hard (even with great armors on and restistance boosts). +::fear
Cassiopeia
Hero

Re: Pippin

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:44 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Any ideas on how to defeat this birdie at the colyseum?
I did win eventually, but only by staying passive.
I just equipped Immunity Rings, killed off the three other thingies and then focused on staying alive while letting the Darkness Ring do the rest. Nothing else would work as the birdie counters everything and hits real hard (even with great armors on and restistance boosts). +::fear

The Archer has a super skill against Pippin.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Good for the archer, who's probably having a good glass of wine now with King Arthur! ;)
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby LauraNorda » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:15 pm

My party was Frank (Dark Knight), Novak (Ice Monk), Trillian (Pyro Witch) and Gail (Priestess of the Pentacle). Trillian was level 56; the others level 55. All had Blessed Armor. I had Frank slash away with his Ohmagredon whilst Novak cast his Ice Quake to get rid of Pippin's minions. I had to use a Ribbon of Mercury at one point, when two of my party got killed in one round, but otherwise Pippin went down fairly quickly.
LauraNorda
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:10 am

Thanks for your strategy!
You must have spent quite some time leveling up. I haven't. I'm now past the tumulus and still my party is only at lv 46.
However, now I'll have to go grinding because the stuff you get to buy is so ridiculously expensive (over 20,000 G for just one piece) and monsters give so little money. +::surrender
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Yeah, I'm so with you on the money.

I found the best place for fast money and EXP was usually the enemy just outside of town. They almost always had more money than the enemies in the next dungeon, and a decent amount of EXP as well. I just kept on taking a step out, fight them, step back in so that they respawn. Rinse and repeat. Plus it's easy to nip into the inn if needed. If you have the archer with multiple free shots before the beginning of the battle, it makes it even quicker and easier.

Another good enemy (best with the archer, though) is the very last one in the cave system before the Minotaur shop; lots of money and EXP.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:52 pm

I don't have the archer and in that dungeon you mentioned the creatures do give more money, but fighting them is annoying because they are so fast.
Generally, in this games enemies seem to be much faster than me, even with Speed Ring on.
Right now I'm getting so very frustrated, I'm about to ditch that game, which I usually never do. I'm now at Dvorsky Tower, the dungeon difficulty item is green, yet I feel like I'm playing Hard Mode. It's so tiring and I'm not quite sure what I'm forcing myself through this for.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Use the Golden Key to farm gold coins!!! +::O_o
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Nyx » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:48 pm

I am playing with the women. I have the Rogue, Priestess of Savior, Archer and Pyro Witch. They are each at level 60 and I still cannot beat Pippin. HELLLLP !!!!!!

+::fear +::cry +::Dunno
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Kirin » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:57 am

I've been wondering this: Pippin's main strategy is to cast status ailments on your own characters. Do these ailments also force your characters to counter-spell? I have the Monk with the "Infinite Sea of Opportunities" and my Archer has the spell to do so, but I doubt that's what's causing it.

And why is having the characters having counter-spell so dangerous in this fight?

Pippin: Usually causing only ailments, but has high stats, counters EVERYTHING and HITS LIKE A TRUCK WITHOUT BRAKES. If Pippin forces counter-spell on your party, it's a lethal and frustrating OHKO.
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby littlebro » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:40 am

My strategy (not the most exciting, I know) when I had a somewhat weaker party, involved getting rid of the minions, adding every buff to the party that I could, then defend/heal until the dark ring had reduced its HP considerably, then hit it extremely hard. If you can't manage that last bit without risking your characters too much from any potential counter attack, then just sit it out until the dark ring finishes it off. I know, I know, not the stance of a hero, but you do what you must to survive, no?
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Nyx » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:10 pm

I discovered that the Archer has a skill that kills birds instantly and it worked after many attempts at other tactics.
But what if a party does not contain the Archer. What else will kill it !!!

n
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:02 pm

I did what Littlbro said. I also let the ring do the job. I had the Immunity Ring on everyone but the leader (because he had that ring that can't be removed) so they would stay awake and other than doing some healing here and there I just sat it out.

Indinera wrote:Use the Golden Key to farm gold coins!!! +::O_o

What Golden Key? Is this one of the relics?
Tbh, I haven't been using any of the relics yet. I always think it's too early and I might need them later. Also, I hesitate equipping them because they can't be removed.

Btw - once all the rings are found, the relics won't get destroyed anymore, will they?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Nyx » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Yes, the Golden Key is a Relic. Use it as soon as you can. $$ is a factor later on.

n
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:58 pm

But what if I want to unequip it again? +::Dunno
Cassiopeia
Hero

Next

Return to The King's Heroes - Help and Questions