Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

What's Your Dream Team (Spoilers!)

What's Your Dream Team (Spoilers!)

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:38 pm

I've played the game twice now, and the only character I haven't used yet is the Minister.
I think I more or less had my Dream Team this time around:

Archer (of the Clouds) ... her class wasn't crucial, I hardly ever used her spells, but her pre-emptive shots are awesome and essential.
Magneto Witch ... I always like to have one character with paralyzing spells, so I didn't regret choosing Magneto for her. In my first playthrough I had a Thunder Monk, but she has some Earth spells too, so I think she's better for that.
War Monk ... powerful and strong with very useful skills.
Commander ... very strong, very resistant. Combined with the War Monk - unbeatable!

I had the Archer as my leader, which turned out to be the best choice, too. She was a great asset all through the game, but she would only have sucked in the final fight.
The three that I had were an awesome team together. The Witch boosted and healed the party (I had plenty of the Mercury thingies from the Ghouls, so she didn't need to have a healing spell), the Monk has some great never failing spells that debuff the enemy, plus he has a death spell that kills off the spiders quickly. And since he was also the one who attacked the hardest, I just had the Commander cast his Dictator spell on him all the time, so beside his own action, he would also hit the boss twice.
With this party I beat the final fight in the first try. +::YAY

I don't think I'd trade any of those characters next time around.
The Rogue is a good fighter too, but I wouldn't trade her for the Monk or Commander, and certainly not for the Archer. Which leaves only the Witch, but in the final fight her boosting spells are crucial.
So yes, Archer - Magneto Witch - War Monk and Commander are my dream team! +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Re: What's Your Dream Team (Spoilers!)

Postby Indinera » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Can't elaborate yet cuz I gotta go, but in general I like to pick the Minister as my leader - not the biggest loss for the final fight, and a great asset to collect money. He is particularly good in Attack Mode (ie monsters don't respawn).
Then it's very tough as they are all pretty good. Probably War Monk, Commander and Priestess of Savior, but it's in balance with Magneto-Witch and possibly the Crusader, since with Speed Ring and Commander he can do quite a lot of devastation.
Because she is a natural born fighter, the Rogue is always a nice asset, too.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Problem with the Speed Ring is, it's only good for speed. Later on I'd like to trade it for other rings. I'm a fan of the Attack Ring! +::grrr
Priestess of Savior is the most expendable imo. She's good for healing, yes, but that's nothing you can't achieve with items. For healing nothing is a great as the Mercury thingies, and status ailments can easily be treated with various items as well. I didn't miss her the least bit this time around.
As for the Minister - I'm not planning on trying Attack Mode, lol!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:58 am

So many combinations. +:::|
I'm tempted to test the Archer. But the Minister also looks promising. Earning more money would make the game so much easier.
How much does he add for the party?
Last edited by Tomas on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Depends on how you effectively use him, I guess ^^

As a mathematician I probably get to make the most of him xD

Now I wonder what would be the "Nightmare Team", the worst possible combo.
You guys should try it, pick on purpose the 4 you think are the worst, and see how far you get, and/or whether they surprise you 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:43 am

I think there are not really 4 bad ones.
I haven't tried the Minister, but I'd think for fighting he might not be that great. So he combined with Priestess might not be such a good idea. That's only an assumption though.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Maybe indeed that could be a start, although obviously you've got the backbone for a very resourceful and "long-lasting" team with these two...
Indeed it's as difficult to compose on purpose the worst team than it is to compose the best one, because they all have something. I suppose a start is to have redundant sets, for instance Priestess of Pentacle and Dark Knight together... but then again, maybe not. Difficult question indeed. ^^
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Well, quite honestly that's something I'm not eager to find out. It's not really tempting to make it as difficult as possible, at least not for me!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:03 pm

would be fun though, but i have trouble imagining the real worst team possible
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Well if you can't name the worst team, who would you say is THE worst character? Or the one who'd contribute the least to the party's success?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:28 pm

It needs to be character + class then I suppose.
But again a tough choice, and I think it depends on the 3 others AND the game mode (some charas shine better in easier/harder modes)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:37 am

I think the variety of the archer does make a difference. I prefer the Archer of the Clouds because
1) She is the only archer to get the skill Airhead, and that has to be one of the most useful for difficult fights.
2) She gets yet another free shot skill, so you can have her doing 5 shots before anything else happens. This made Alendra Tower much more straightforward, as well as other places.

And I think the War Monk is an essential. I've not used the Commander yet.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:58 am

Yeah War Monk is a must and I usually pick Minister too.
The Rogue is very easy to play with - doesn't seem much at first but great athlete (better one than the Knight).
Commander works beautifully with fighters. In fact I wonder how would fare a team Rogue + W. Monk + Crusader + Commander
Honestly difficult to pick a worst team lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:52 pm

littlebro wrote:1) She is the only archer to get the skill Airhead, and that has to be one of the most useful for difficult fights.

I can't remember using this spell that much. Seems like every time I tried any of her spells, it was against monsters that aren't weak to Air, so I kind of gave up using her spells at all (except the one that kills flying enemies, that is).

littlebro wrote:This made Alendra Tower much more straightforward, as well as other places.

Alendra Tower? Have I missed sth or do you mean Isendra?

Indinera wrote:The Rogue is very easy to play with

I really liked her in my first playthrough.

Indinera wrote:In fact I wonder how would fare a team Rogue + W. Monk + Crusader + Commander

I thought about that as well. But I don't think I'll ever play again without the Archer. She's just too useful.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Archer is less useful in the modes I play, because the early series of arrow shooting is not quite as efficient. :)
Air Head is very good against bosses though (guarantees they don't use their nasty spells with as much efficiency)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to The King's Heroes - Help and Questions