Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Relics

Re: Relics

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:04 pm

It IS a nightmare, lol. I'm more angry while playing than anything else. +::surrender
I don't feel like I find enough items, at least not MP healing ones. I mean, yes, there's a lot of Mana Drops, but they give 1 MP. That's not really helpful.
And that spell ... I don't have that yet. I might have to level them more, which I actually don't want because it's always sooooo boring and annoying.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:11 pm

I did virtually no grinding at all until a bit right near the end. See my other post on the "Witch Hunt is out" thread where I detail some of the MP things you get.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:It IS a nightmare, lol. I'm more angry while playing than anything else. +::surrender
I don't feel like I find enough items, at least not MP healing ones. I mean, yes, there's a lot of Mana Drops, but they give 1 MP. That's not really helpful.
And that spell ... I don't have that yet. I might have to level them more, which I actually don't want because it's always sooooo boring and annoying.

You're *supposed* to use spells... why do you want at all cost to not use any healing items?
The Lava Cave isn't that long and you can get through it using some candies (for Xendra) and some elixirs (for Cybel).
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:11 am

Indinera wrote: why do you want at all cost to not use any healing items?

I don't know, it makes me feel very uneasy using stuff when I don't really really have to, because I always think that I might need that stuff later and then won't have any. I've always been like that when playing RPGs, and usually it works. It might make things a bit more difficult for me, but I always got through a game well enough. +::Dunno
I guess I'll need to "jump over my shadow" a bit (as the saying goes in German) and change my way of playing.

Thanks littlebro, your advice in the other thread is precious! +::kiss
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:44 am

I'm a bit like this too, but not with base items.
For instance I never use my Cup of Heroes or any equivalent.
I do use, though, Elixirs, Tonics, food items etc, because they are not "special".
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Yes, the rarer an item, the less likely I am to use it. The most precious stuff will be kept for the final fight (where I most likely won't need it, lol - happened many times!)
On a second playthrough I'll probably be more confident and use more things, but the first time playing I never know what comes. In lots of games in the first dungeon some monsters drop healing items, like that green worm drops Meat occasionally. But in the second dungeon there's no drops that heal you up. So I never know what lies ahead and when I'll next get the chance to obtain healing items. That makes me even stingier.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:29 pm

The most precious stuff will be kept for the final fight (where I most likely won't need it, lol - happened many times!)

Same here lol

On a second playthrough I'll probably be more confident and use more things, but the first time playing I never know what comes. In lots of games in the first dungeon some monsters drop healing items, like that green worm drops Meat occasionally. But in the second dungeon there's no drops that heal you up. So I never know what lies ahead and when I'll next get the chance to obtain healing items. That makes me even stingier.

For this I would be kinda opposite... as in, the 1st playthrough (the discovering one) is allowed to be mediocre, but the second one should be perfect. Still, I'd use base items. I don't care to collect these lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:44 pm

I can't let the first playthrough be mediocre. I want it as perfect as possible right away. I'm possessed!

Oh, and just now I got the Amore Shield! Yay, that will make it easier already! +::YAY
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Yeah that shield is love lol

What's the point of a 2nd playthrough is 1st is already perfect?
When I play a game, I can tolerate mistakes in the 1st playthrough, so that I "live and learn" and then attempt "perfection" in the 2nd playthrough... +::wizard :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:53 pm

Whether or not I want to play a second time I'll only find out with time. There are games that I can play over and over again, and others that I didn't like enough for playing again. In that case, I want the first playthrough perfect.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:10 pm

ah yes, i get that, but usually if i want to continue playing, it means it's good enough to me lol otherwise i dont even finish the 1st playthrough xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Well, I don't like to leave things unfinished. When I really don't like a game I wouldn't finish it, but if it's "okay" I would. But "okay" isn't always good enough for another playthrough.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:03 pm

OK, I see. ^^
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:32 pm

I found all the relic weapons, but I'm missing one piece of armor. I'd be glad if someone could tell me which and where it would have been.
I have:
1. Amore Shield
2. Duke's Smoky Smokey
3. Lobster Arm
4-5. Star of the Show (x2)
6. Totem of the Devourer
7. Undead Killer
8. Xelaconine
9. Zendar
Last edited by Cassiopeia on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby darkange » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:26 am

I also want to know about the last armor relic like Cassi said ... and unfortunately I am missing the last 2 weapon relics too ...
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Witch Hunt - Help and Questions