Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

River Hunter is the strongest enemy in the game. :)

River Hunter is the strongest enemy in the game. :)

Postby DavidB11 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:12 pm

I finally managed to kill it! That's how strong it is. I had to brag about killing it. :)
Took me forever. So many tries.

Had to rely on crazy luck. Just complete blind luck it didn't regenerate every single head every turn the last fight.
I had the Witch, I had Xena's Dumber skill, I had Xenia do silly damage, and finally, finally, it died.
DavidB11
Peasant

Re: River Hunter is the strongest enemy in the game. :)

Postby littlebro » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:45 am

Yeah, I found that one tough as well.
My tactics included using Cybel's Warrior Acolyte skill, with my strongest hitter in second place in the formation, as that skill gives you extra hits from allies.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby sahmhappy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:48 am

Finally. The River Hunter is defeated. So satisfying. Warrior's Acolyte was the way to go!
sahmhappy
Bard

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:24 pm

WHO is River Hunter? +::Dunno
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:39 pm

sahmhappy wrote:Finally. The River Hunter is defeated. So satisfying. Warrior's Acolyte was the way to go!

+::Thumbup +::wizard
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:40 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:WHO is River Hunter? +::Dunno

apparently ppl dont like the name "terror" xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Terror???? Now I'm totally confused.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:12 pm

isn't it the name i gave it?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:28 pm

if you guys are talking about that monster that is secret .... appears only after you leave the mansion to the hotel ... then I am sorry to disagree ... that was one of the easiest monsters alive to me ... and I defeated him on maniac mode. I don't remember the exact strategy but i killed him very fast from the first try.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:30 pm

more difficult to kill when you first enter the manor :p
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Oh that one! I don't remember the name.
More difficult at first? Good to know! +::Thumbup
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby DavidB11 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Dude, he is ridiculously strong. No one is going to beat him on the first try, especially on Maniac mode, or normal mode like I did finally, after 3+ tries. Since he regenerates his heads at too fast a rate to even begin to counter.
You'd either have to try multiple times after leaving the mansion and having the Witch there join you, or you have to grind to about 45 somehow with all characters.

There's simply no way to beat him easily. Period.
Unless he's not supposed to regenerate all of his heads at the exact same time. once every turn.
Because that's what he did every single turn every time without fail except twice, in all the times I fought him.
That means, at a bare minimum, you have to do enough damage to kill all heads at the same time, to make that fight easy.

He has around 1000 health per head, bleeding is about the only way to do anything besides powerful physical attacks.

Xenia helped a lot, but still, Warrior's blessing is only helpful before the heads die. Otherwise you have to cast it all the time.
All status ailments that work are helpful, but they are not super helpful.

My original post was a rant about how overpowered he was, but while writing it, I gave the Hunter one more try, and he died finally.
DavidB11
Peasant

Postby darkange » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:26 pm

DavidB11 wrote:Dude, he is ridiculously strong. No one is going to beat him on the first try, especially on Maniac mode, or normal mode like I did finally, after 3+ tries. Since he regenerates his heads at too fast a rate to even begin to counter.
You'd either have to try multiple times after leaving the mansion and having the Witch there join you, or you have to grind to about 45 somehow with all characters.

There's simply no way to beat him easily. Period.
Unless he's not supposed to regenerate all of his heads at the exact same time. once every turn.
Because that's what he did every single turn every time without fail except twice, in all the times I fought him.
That means, at a bare minimum, you have to do enough damage to kill all heads at the same time, to make that fight easy.

He has around 1000 health per head, bleeding is about the only way to do anything besides powerful physical attacks.

Xenia helped a lot, but still, Warrior's blessing is only helpful before the heads die. Otherwise you have to cast it all the time.
All status ailments that work are helpful, but they are not super helpful.

My original post was a rant about how overpowered he was, but while writing it, I gave the Hunter one more try, and he died finally.

I just see your post now years later lol ... but I am telling you.. I just killed it from first try ... on maniac mode ... the first time I entered the mansion ... the secret : everybody was zombified except cybel and I didn't even had anything close to lvl 45 ... that's funny.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby antillon » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:30 pm

River Hunter (River Terror) it is very easy to kill if you are strong. Then, when you arrive to the site, evade the fight and go first to the mansion. Make the tour, Kill first 6 bosses before find Marvel and use the bed of Marvel to recovery of life and magic and enter the bored routine of level up your characters. Now go with Marvel to do the quest of Diddy, open the two doors that you can't before, kill the Kob and the kobs. Equip Diddy with the lobster (she is the strongest and then can hit twice per turn), Equip Diddy, Xena and Xedra with the axe that petrifies. When you find the monster, Cybel first enchantment must be the Ghost and in the second round the Warrior Acolyte and the other three in the party smash. Two rounds are enough to cut the seven heads of the hydra. I have my characters at level 33, but it will be possible work at a lower level like 28, that you can get exploring and "cleaning" the mansion. (I kill very easily the monster twice by this method. The first time I realize that I forget to kill the kobs, then I load a saved game, kill the bugs and return to kill the "terror" by second time).
antillon
Peasant

Return to Witch Hunt - Help and Questions