Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?

Postby littlebro » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:19 pm

I've seen several comments about Ralph, how useless he is and how he doesn't need MP.

Am I the only one who got his stupendous skill that wipes the floor with the opposition? It needs MP, but if you give him the gear that gives 5MP per turn, you're safe.
littlebro
Ranger

Re: Am I the only one?

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Huh? My Ralf has 0MP till the end (where he's at lv 40).
What have you done? Have you given him Becca's jewel, maybe? Or did that happen all by itself?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 pm

Well, I can't be 100% sure, but I did do something, and then when I got to the final dungeon I had 16MP and a skill. If I'd equipped him with that hammer thingy I'd have had another 23, but I had what I thought was a better weapon on him
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:15 pm

If you had 16MP you must have given him Becca's jewel. I always wondered what else that might do, but first I didn't want to decide who to give it to, and then I totally forgot about it.
Alright, sth to try next time!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby darkange » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:27 pm

@littlebro I knew he must have a skill at some point but I didn't get any .... at what level did you got that skill ? I also had a lot of MP on him naturaly when I reached the end and if you equip him with that Hammer like you said ... you get another 23 MP and I always wondered why the fuck does he get MP ... HE HAS NO SKILLS ... turns out you find that he has a skill ... so at what level did you get it ? So i know how much do I have to level him up cause my Ralph didn't got any skill at all until the end.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:52 pm

As far as I can tell without buying the Guide, it's not a question of levels but of decisions you take in the game. He didn't have the skill before entering the prison, so that it is the moment it is given, but it is not the moment when it is earned.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:25 pm

But the only decision regarding Ralf I can think of is to give him that jewel. It definitely gives 16MP to whomever gets it.
Or maybe Ralf needs to have MP in order to get that spell. Be it from Becca's jewel or a piece of equipment.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:53 pm

@Cassiopeia
Spoiler: show
Well, that's who I gave the jewel to. If you gave it to someone else and Ralph didn't get the spell, then case proved, I think.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:08 pm

Yes! Plus, I'd like to know if it has an effect on other characters, too, other than giving them MP.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Sorry, can't help with that, I have no idea.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:59 am

Well, I might try. Or I might decide I'd rather see what that spell of Ralf does. Don't know yet! ;)
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:52 pm

If you haven't seen it in action, it's worth having. Makes a massive difference, imo.

As I haven't seen any reports about it doing anything other than give 16MP, I suspect (but cannot prove) that it only does something special for Ralf.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:06 pm

Yes might be.
Indy doesn't say a word ..... he probably just enjoys our guessing here! +::lol
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:25 pm

littlebro wrote:If you haven't seen it in action, it's worth having. Makes a massive difference, imo.

As I haven't seen any reports about it doing anything other than give 16MP, I suspect (but cannot prove) that it only does something special for Ralf.

I have a saved game just before the failed attempt to exit the town. The heart hasn't been given to anyone yet in the saved game. The only one I see getting more than the 16 mp is Ralf. If you try to give the heart away after the capture, Becca will tell you she has more important things to do. I think it was meant for Ralf.

Ralf is crude at best, but I personally think his character is totally believable and honest. Despite his awkward attempts at showing affection with words, his actions are loyal and protective.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Yes, I think the jewel can only be given away before Leo and Becca are captured. After that it is too late.
littlebro
Ranger

Return to Little Hearts - Help and Questions