DESTINY OF A WIZARD 2

$12.99

Image Image

There's also a 269-page guide available for $6.99:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Or ... ID=2618061

This is the direct sequel to "Destiny of a Wizard" by the same developer:
http://www.aldorlea.org/destinyofawizard.php

FEATURES:

* A linear turned based RPG spanning over eleven chapters, nearly 40 hours in game play content!
* Old school retro combat returns with a new engine!
* Comedy, fourth walls, and other references with a personal touch return!
* Nearly over 75 monsters to contend with!
* New voice overs! With over nine different voice overs played by various people, meet new and old characters alike! Nearly over 2 1/2 hours of voice recorded content!
* Explore the land of Lulisa as well as the Vale Islands in a new world map stage select system!
* New side quests and bonus features to discover and unlock!
* Hire party members to aid you in your quest! From the high damaging Witch-Hunter to the mysterious tales of the Poet! Over ten different playable classes to choose from. Select up to three party members to aid your journey!

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Destiny of a Wizard 2

Postby ultimacj » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Greetings all! This is UltimaCJ with UltimaCJ Productions, the developer of Destiny of a Wizard 2: Beyond the Vale. We hope you enjoy the game as much as we developed it. Feel free to ask any questions about the game and/or provide feedback.

To learn more about the game (as well as upcoming updates and such), please visit our official site and Facebook Page at:

https://www.facebook.com/ultimacjproductions

http://ultimacj.wixsite.com/ultimacjproductions

Thanks for viewing!

UltimaCJ
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:33 pm

I replayed Destiny of a Wizard 1 to refresh my memory of the storyline. I was glad that DOW2 offered more savings opportunities UNTIL I reached the end of Chapter 1. Starting over now. Grrrrrr.... :)

What are the keypresses for saving in the World map? I can't find it in the documentation or ingame tutorial. I probably missed it somehow.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ultimacj » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:29 am

Lady JJ wrote:I replayed Destiny of a Wizard 1 to refresh my memory of the storyline. I was glad that DOW2 offered more savings opportunities UNTIL I reached the end of Chapter 1. Starting over now. Grrrrrr.... :)

What are the keypresses for saving in the World map? I can't find it in the documentation or ingame tutorial. I probably missed it somehow.

To save your game on the WORLD MAP (and some other areas), open up the submenu (by Pressing "X"). You'll see "DATA" as one of the options. This option only appears on the world map and certain other areas. Use "DATA" to save your game in a current slot or another slot.
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:42 pm

ultimacj wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I replayed Destiny of a Wizard 1 to refresh my memory of the storyline. I was glad that DOW2 offered more savings opportunities UNTIL I reached the end of Chapter 1. Starting over now. Grrrrrr.... :)

To save your game on the WORLD MAP (and some other areas), open up the submenu (by Pressing "X"). You'll see "DATA" as one of the options. This option only appears on the world map and certain other areas. Use "DATA" to save your game in a current slot or another slot.

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that. I do have a question about the red chest at the end of Chapter 1.

Spoiler: show
Resolved
Last edited by Lady JJ on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ultimacj » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

To unlock the chest near the end of Chapter One requires specific conditions to be met. Please refer to the game guide for more information. If you have met these conditions and problems are happening, please send me a PM.
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:17 pm

I was so excited to be back home in Leah again, looking forward to revisiting the Four Elements. Alas, the Stage 5 Fairies (well at least the fastest one) has other plans for me. Any hints on how to catch a fairy that (1) travels at twice your speed, (2) is programmed to evade you, (3) can only be seen for split seconds followed by multiple second blackouts, and (4) flies over a surface with sliding arrows which are also in the dark for 70-80% of the time....

While I'm not a fan of these mini-games, I did feel that up until now, the games were beatable.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ultimacj » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I was so excited to be back home in Leah again, looking forward to revisiting the Four Elements. Alas, the Stage 5 Fairies (well at least the fastest one) has other plans for me. Any hints on how to catch a fairy that (1) travels at twice your speed, (2) is programmed to evade you, (3) can only be seen for split seconds followed by multiple second blackouts, and (4) flies over a surface with sliding arrows which are also in the dark for 70-80% of the time....

While I'm not a fan of these mini-games, I did feel that up until now, the games were beatable.

To catch the fastest pixies they're are two tactics you can apply (this works for the slower pixies as well to save time):

If you're using a controller, as you're running continue to use the action button. As you make contact with the pixie, it'll more than likely count as a capture

If you're using a keyboard, the same tactic applies, however, you can either use X or enter, whatever you're more comfortable with. Stage 5 is the final one, fastest pixies to catch are best cornered since their pattern is erratic. You can also slow down their pattern if you time your movement on the sliding floors. Once you've passed stage 5, the event is finished.

Tip: The pixie's pattern are completely random, they do not run from you when you approach them. Their movement for all the stages are completely unpredictable. Stage 5 is the toughest as it has 7 pixies to capture. You're doing well LadyJJ! I hope this helps!
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:44 pm

ultimacj wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I was so excited to be back home in Leah again, looking forward to revisiting the Four Elements. Alas, the Stage 5 Fairies (well at least the fastest one) has other plans for me. Any hints on how to catch a fairy that (1) travels at twice your speed, (2) is programmed to evade you, (3) can only be seen for split seconds followed by multiple second blackouts, and (4) flies over a surface with sliding arrows which are also in the dark for 70-80% of the time....

To catch the fastest pixies they're are two tactics you can apply (this works for the slower pixies as well to save time):

If you're using a controller, as you're running continue to use the action button. As you make contact with the pixie, it'll more than likely count as a capture

If you're using a keyboard, the same tactic applies, however, you can either use X or enter, whatever you're more comfortable with. Stage 5 is the final one, fastest pixies to catch are best cornered since their pattern is erratic. You can also slow down their pattern if you time your movement on the sliding floors. Once you've passed stage 5, the event is finished.

Tip: The pixie's pattern are completely random, they do not run from you when you approach them. Their movement for all the stages are completely unpredictable. Stage 5 is the toughest as it has 7 pixies to capture. You're doing well LadyJJ! I hope this helps!

I used the keyboard and I can offer 2 additional modifications: use full screen mode and then walk, don't run, to catch that last Stage 5 fairy.

Thanks for the response. I am now in the Earthlin Cave. Yay!
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: Destiny of a Wizard 2

Postby secasus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:21 am

I enjoyed the first DoaW so much that I immediately purchased the second one as soon as it was out. I've gotten almost through chapter 9 but don't want to start chapter 10 until I've finished all my unfinished business. I have found all my Altima gear, and even managed beating Sir Yishay to get the Altima Sword II and Ultimate weapons (that was HARD!!!).
However, I can't find 2 signposts. I've double checked all the signposts on the guide, and I can't find #42 (which cave has the pile of bones in the Sub Caves?), and what is the other one? Number 11 is skipped on the guide, so I'm thinking that maybe there are actually 7 signposts in the Cave of Arrows, not 6? Help please!!!
secasus
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 am

secasus wrote:I enjoyed the first DoaW so much that I immediately purchased the second one as soon as it was out. I've gotten almost through chapter 9 but don't want to start chapter 10 until I've finished all my unfinished business. I have found all my Altima gear, and even managed beating Sir Yishay to get the Altima Sword II and Ultimate weapons (that was HARD!!!).
However, I can't find 2 signposts. I've double checked all the signposts on the guide, and I can't find #42 (which cave has the pile of bones in the Sub Caves?), and what is the other one? Number 11 is skipped on the guide, so I'm thinking that maybe there are actually 7 signposts in the Cave of Arrows, not 6? Help please!!!

I just came to ask the same question. You can find #42. It's in the sub-linking cave, the one in the lower half with 3 or 4 different exits. Travel to the northeast area (lower half) and look for a comb-like structure, or a backwards E with 4 appendages rather than 3. Enter the cave at the lowest appendage, then go to the southwest area. The pile of bones is there. It's easy to mistake this pile for a pile of rocks or a crystal formation. It's in the area just west of the double column of pink and purple flowers.

The section of the guide that lists where all the signposts are found does indeed miss #11. However, that list doesn't line up with the narrative of the walkthrough. In fact, the walkthrough itself gives #24 to two different markers. (See pgs 113 and 120.) It would have been nice of the listing gave the same numbers as the walkthrough, but that's just not the case.

So, that made 43 when Lightin transported the party back to the lighthouse. The guide says there are 6 in the Cave of Arrows 44-50. Except 44-50 makes 7, not 6. I've only found 4 so far in that cave, still trying to navigate to find another that gives 2. If there are only 6 there, then that will bring the total to 49 not 50.

The signpost maker says there are more than 50 in the game, the guide says in one place there are 'more than 50,' but then in another place, it says 'exactly 50,' so not sure which is correct.

I am very much enjoying this massive game. The developers clearly put a lot of time, attention, and love into its creation. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby secasus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:31 am

Lady JJ wrote:I just came to ask the same question. You can find #42. It's in the sub-linking cave, the one in the lower half with 3 or 4 different exits. Travel to the northeast area (lower half) and look for a comb-like structure, or a backwards E with 4 appendages rather than 3. Enter the cave at the lowest appendage, then go to the southwest area. The pile of bones is there. It's easy to mistake this pile for a pile of rocks or a crystal formation. It's in the area just west of the double column of pink and purple flowers.

The section of the guide that lists where all the signposts are found does indeed miss #11. However, that list doesn't line up with the narrative of the walkthrough. In fact, the walkthrough itself gives #24 to two different markers. (See pgs 113 and 120.) It would have been nice of the listing gave the same numbers as the walkthrough, but that's just not the case.

So, that made 43 when Lightin transported the party back to the lighthouse. The guide says there are 6 in the Cave of Arrows 44-50. Except 44-50 makes 7, not 6. I've only found 4 so far in that cave, still trying to navigate to find another that gives 2. If there are only 6 there, then that will bring the total to 49 not 50.

The signpost maker says there are more than 50 in the game, the guide says in one place there are 'more than 50,' but then in another place, it says 'exactly 50,' so not sure which is correct.

I am very much enjoying this massive game. The developers clearly put a lot of time, attention, and love into its creation. :)

Thank you, Lady JJ! I did find the bones in the Sub. Caves. You are right, those bones are easy to miss.

Now I have a total of 49. The last signpost must be either an additional signpost in the Cave of Arrows making a total of 7 in there or then the signpost is somewhere I can't find anywhere on the guide, like the missing mystery #11 on page 227.

I also agree with you, Lady JJ, that this game is incredibly well done. The dialoge is funny, it's challenging, and visually attractive. I hope that UltimaCJ Production continues to create more games. I am a fan!
secasus
Peasant

Postby ultimacj » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:34 am

Sir Yishay (in extreme mode) is the TOUGHEST boss (even more difficult than the final boss) in the game. He is a hidden special boss and is not a requirement to beat the game. Fantastic job if you defeated him to score your Altima Sword II ultimate weapon, especially if you defeated him without the aid of the hidden job. He alone took me an hour to defeat when under beta testing. You are a true Blue Wizard! :)

There are three signposts (two are 100% miss-able if you don't meet the conditions or pass a certain point in the game) that are usually the most difficult to find.

#1 Is in the house in Lame'doria. If you looted her house before solving Lame'dorias plight, you will not be able to get this signpost at all...EVER. You must solve their problem first. Once you do, return to her house and speak with her. She'll be happy that you didn't loot her house prior and will give you a signpost marker. You can freely loot her house afterwards.

#2 Is also in Lame'doria, it is in the same room where the Cthulu creature kills you off and is too stuck up to know you helped his kind back at Chapter 3. Solve the problem with Lame'doria first, then return to this dark room house. You'll get the same prompts as before, but the Clthulu will not be stuck up anymore and gladly give you a signpost marker. This one can be obtained anytime after solving their plight.

#3 Is in chapter 8. During the ceremony ballroom where everyone is dancing. When you resume control of the MC, talk to the kid in the upper right hand corner. He will give you a signpost marker. If you've spoken to Prissie after the fact, you cannot return to this room during the chase scene. Reload a previous save file in order to get this signpost marker.

Thank you for your comments it means a lot and I'm glad you are enjoying the second installment! It took three long years but I finally finished it. I will let the voice actors know you enjoyed the game they will be happy to hear so!

Be sure to follow us at our Facebook page at : http://www.facebook.com/ultimacjproductions as it will contain the latest updates and such of the next up coming game. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, ideas, or even feedback.

Thanks again :)

I've noticed this is missing from the guide as well and I'm not sure why. I will investigate this issue and apply an update if required to the game if it is really missing from the game. (Which it shouldn't because some testers found all 50 w/o a guide). There are exactly 50 signposts.

I have found the missing signpost and will update the guide for the missing error.
On the route to Zarra's Castle under water, the path will eventually split to a side cave. Take this side cave and it will lead you out to the main Sub. Cave area (surrounded caves as you were going to Zarra's Castle). There is a signpost at this location examine for a maker. This is the signpost I noticed that was missing. I will update the guide later this week and patch it up. I apologize for the missing signpost in the guide.
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby secasus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:21 am

I did get the signpost on the way to Zarra's. It's not mentioned on guide pages 226-228 but it is mentioned on page 190. So on the guide pages 226-228 there are only 49 signposts (actually 48 but I added the one on the way to Zarra's to make 49), if there are only 6 signposts in the Cave of Arrows. I have every signpost on the pages 226-228, plus the one on the way to Zarra's, and I found 6 in Cave of Arrows. Can you please let me know where the other signpost is that isn't anywhere I have seen on the guide?

I'll be sure to follow you on FB. I look forward to future games!

FYI, it took me over 2 hours to finally kill Sir Yishay. He killed me at level 86 after about 45 minutes so I spent time leveling up. I tried again at level 91 and barely made it after an hour and half. :)
secasus
Peasant

Postby ultimacj » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:48 am

Cave of Arrows has 4 sections: N NW SE AND E. The NW area has 2, the N has 1, the E has 2, and the SE has 1. Which is a total of 6 markers alone for that cave.

I will look over the game files and see, if for some reason, a signpost is missing for some odd ball reason to get a grand total of 50. Unless you over looked the two possible point of no return signposts (Prissie and the room to be looted). There SHOULD be 50, but mistakes can happen. Let me look over the game files,if something is missing I will patch the game this weekend and update the guide accordingly. I apologize if this is an error on my part.

FYI: (Not really a spoiler because it is obvious) At level 91 you are extremely over leveled for the final fight and it shouldn't be too difficult, so please do not feel disappointed if it's too easy. That fight alone is meant for levels around 45-50 :)

If the game gets patched (which will be by this Saturday or less), I will announce it on my Facebook company page as well as make a post here.

Thanks again!

What is your party setup if I may ask?
ultimacj
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers