Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S FORTRESS OF HELL IS OUT FOR HALLOWEEN!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S FORTRESS OF HELL IS OUT FOR HALLOWEEN!!!!

Postby richmond » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Thank you.

Well gone swimming and got the blue gem but my characters are not strong enough at the end to kill 2 Magaldon fish that have 7ooo HP each on only 1.30 mins left of air. How are you suppose to kill these fish with no air?? Any help please.

Is there a way out of the under water other than having to pop up in the tank you came in from?
richmond
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:56 pm

I mean, you shouldn't be doing this part with that party.
It's "for" the Laxius party, which is more effective underwater.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm

It IS possible to kill the Megalodons. Darkange did. But it's madness and requires to develop a real good strategy. It's just not really meant to happen, so unless you're as crazy and determined as Darkange, just don't even try! Lol

As for the Laxius Party - yes, you need to start over. You can choose that party when you start a new game and then you get to enter the code. That code is something that can be guessed. But it's also been posted on the forum.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby briony » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:10 am

finished this game as in all parties- great game - the dialogue was funny especially the asides made by some of the party members- I thought Sarah too much of an idiot and cannot understand what Random sees in her - the guide was a great help and I would have been lost without it- thanks Indy for another great game
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks, glad you liked it!
For an Halloween game, I think it was pretty spot on. :)

cannot understand what Random sees in her

What does he see in her? +::O_o +:::|
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:59 pm

briony wrote:finished this game as in all parties- great game - the dialogue was funny especially the asides made by some of the party members- I thought Sarah too much of an idiot and cannot understand what Random sees in her - the guide was a great help and I would have been lost without it- thanks Indy for another great game

It's very simple what Random sees in her in my opinion - it's her femininity plus her looks - that's what most men like in women - I rarely heard guys who like "masculine women" in how they act or look .
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Rabbit » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:11 pm

After a combination of hot weather and an old laptop forced me to put aside the newer games for now, I tried this one. So glad I did, and I think I'll stay a while. The gameplay is fantastic, especially for players who like to be challenged. I thought it might be tedious to run 4 parties through the same dungeon, but I was very wrong. The fortress is large (I counted 55 screens) and each party has its own conversation and interactions in each room. While it is possible to play through the rooms in almost the same order each time, the optimal path through the fortress is different for each party...

I liked the idea of giving bonuses for X battles won, X enemies killed, and X skills used. It is more flexible than rewarding X uses of each specific skill, and encourages a wider variety of strategies. I hope to see it again in a future game. (I did notice that not all the skills worked as stated in their descriptions, and one even crashed the game. If there is any point in doing it now, I'd be happy to contribute to a list of skills that need tweaking. Otherwise, I'll keep it to myself, as there is much to enjoy in the game as it is.)

For me, the most replayable party is Brutus, because of that treasure dangling just out of his reach. I know it says "too difficult, not recommended" but I feel there is still plenty of room for improvement in the choices I have made for his group. I haven't given up yet. And I'm sure there is evil laughter somewhere in the world as I type this...
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:23 pm

Glad you love it so much!

I'd be happy to contribute to a list of skills that need tweaking

Sure, please do.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:44 pm

Spoiler: show
I never managed to beat the Master of the fortress and neither the Megalodons with any other but the Laxius party. +::cry
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby MerryX » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:02 am

Hello Indi,

Well, I did see this when it came out originally but whimped out as it looked too scary - I have always avoided horror movies and anything related - but I think I got inspired by Laxius Soul coming out later this year and started to feel I was seriously missing out +::lol So with some trepidation, I downloaded the Demo prepared to RUN AWAY screaming if it got too much. I am soooo glad I took a risk +::YAY +::clap +::Dance

I LOVE it - I have finished with the first three teams - all so very different - and just started the Z team. The guide was invaluable by the way as it's easy to become a little lost with such a sprawling dungeon. I managed to get Brutus' party all the way through except the underwater section - a nice little bonus for the Laxius team (those Megladons were suitably terrifying +::fear ). I must admit I had not realised how "dumb" Sarah was - I remember her being a bit more feisty and not so teeth-grindingly irritating. And Wendala being a bit of a pain now seems more sympathetic. Time goes on and characters change and develop, I suppose...or maybe the change has happened in me ;) Only way to find out would be to replay Laxius 1, 2 and 3, huh?

Anyway, I liked all the characters and felt there was a great story line for each team. I was surprised by Hamilton's team as the guide warns they are the weakest one but they ended up building to quite a powerhouse and I had a lot of fun with them +::Dance

Since I'm a bit late to the party, I won't go on about it except to say I absolutely can see why you are held in such high respect, Indi. The game is a masterpiece in so many ways and I highly recommend it to other keen players who haven't tried it yet.

Many thanks,

MerryX +::kiss
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:29 am

Since I'm a bit late to the party, I won't go on about it except to say I absolutely can see why you are held in such high respect, Indi. The game is a masterpiece in so many ways and I highly recommend it to other keen players who haven't tried it yet.

Thank you very much. I hope this will entice more people to play Fortress of Hell, as a lot of work and meticulous detail went into it.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Fortress of Hell - Help and Questions