Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Snakes in the Water Room

Re: Snakes in the Water Room

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Okay, then I might not look, cuz looking for secret rooms is not exactly my favorite thing to do, lol.
And yes, at some point I'll replay and give the first team a chance. Didn't have time this weekend though cuz I was busy with a 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle. Because I LOVE LOVE LOVE puzzles! All kinds of puzzles ;)
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Okay, then I might not look, cuz looking for secret rooms is not exactly my favorite thing to do, lol.
And yes, at some point I'll replay and give the first team a chance. Didn't have time this weekend though cuz I was busy with a 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle. Because I LOVE LOVE LOVE puzzles! All kinds of puzzles ;)

Even puzzles in Rpgs? +::O_o
To me it's just so boring...
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Indinera wrote:
Cassiopeia wrote:Okay, then I might not look, cuz looking for secret rooms is not exactly my favorite thing to do, lol.

It depends on the puzzle itself. As long as the puzzles aren't that hard, I like them. BUT, they should not be like mandatory unless it's super easy. Like, some side quests requiring you to do the puzzles, they're fun. I love the balance that John Wizard did with their games for example. :razz:
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:09 pm

loof123 wrote:
Indinera wrote:

It depends on the puzzle itself. As long as the puzzles aren't that hard, I like them. BUT, they should not be like mandatory unless it's super easy. Like, some side quests requiring you to do the puzzles, they're fun. I love the balance that John Wizard did with their games for example. :razz:

I like fighting the most.
A puzzle is like a chore to me.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:36 pm

I definetly co-sign with that ... everytime I encounter a puzzle in an RPG I just want to punch the screen :)) ... especially if it's a puzzle that is not immediately obvious.
Figuring out fighting tactics and strategies is waaaay more fun for me.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:53 pm

darkange wrote:I definetly co-sign with that ... everytime I encounter a puzzle in an RPG I just want to punch the screen :)) ... especially if it's a puzzle that is not immediately obvious.
Figuring out fighting tactics and strategies is waaaay more fun for me.

A million times yes. +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:02 pm

I agree with Loof. It depends on the puzzle.
For me super easy wouldn't be fun, but it should definitely be doable for everyone.
And a boring puzzle is not a good puzzle. It must be set up in a way that's interesting so you actually want to solve it.

Indinera wrote:I like fighting the most.
A puzzle is like a chore to me.

For me fighting can totally become a chore.
In FoH it isn't, even though the game is basically nothing else but fighting. But the dungeons are not too big so it doesn't get so repetitive. Also there's so many special enemies to fight. That's fun.
But when there are huge dungeons, maybe combined with random encounter, that can become annoying and boring for me.
One of the reasons Asguaard never made it very high up on my list of favorites. And all those hidden rooms that are scattered literally everywhere so you stupidly walk back and forth on a world map didn't make it better.
I'd totally prefer a good puzzle over that.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:55 pm

I agree with Loof. It depends on the puzzle.
For me super easy wouldn't be fun, but it should definitely be doable for everyone.
And a boring puzzle is not a good puzzle. It must be set up in a way that's interesting so you actually want to solve it.

I can like *riddles*, but puzzles generally I just think they get in the way of my enjoyment.

In FoH it isn't, even though the game is basically nothing else but fighting.

I'd say there're a lot of dialogues, exploration and "scenes". I wouldn't consider it "just fighting".
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Indinera wrote:I can like *riddles*, but puzzles generally I just think they get in the way of my enjoyment.

Riddles are cool too. Even cooler actually.

Indinera wrote:I'd say there're a lot of dialogues, exploration and "scenes". I wouldn't consider it "just fighting".

I was talking about what the player actively does. Meaning, there's no side quests and stuff like that.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Previous

Return to Fortress of Hell - Help and Questions