Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Hamilton party over - new record

Re: Hamilton party over - new record

Postby darkange » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:I really don't know what you guys have with submissive girls. That's absolutely beyond me.

Nothing happened to her, they left and set off to conquer the world.
And I also had 14/13.

OK then this other ending that I got has nothing to do with the number of objectives ... still have no ideea how I got it then ... the only thing did I different is avoid eating any girls at all ... only fought enemies and leave them there after that but I am not sure that has any impact.

You say you don't know what guys have with submissive girls. It's very simple actually but before I say anything I got to ask you cause I am curious now ... How old are you Cassi ?
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:23 pm

darkange wrote:the only thing did I different is avoid eating any girls at all

That's what I suspected too and it's what I want to try next time. I didn't really "need" eating them, my zombies were pretty healthy anyway.
Also I want to finish with my cute (yes, cute) doll instead of that crazy woman (however strong she might be, Titus was very useful too).

darkange wrote:How old are you Cassi ?

I don't see what difference that makes.
Yes, it's very simple, but I'm pretty sure you don't mean the same thing as I do. :razz:
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby darkange » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:38 pm

yeah she was batshit crazy ... I agree on that... Titus is actually good on skills side in the end ... he gets some powerful ones... and the fact that he can equip 2 weapons make him strong on melee side too eventually (he gets to equip those rare ones like Blast master and the claws)

The relevance of the age is the fact that the older you are the more you understand the opposite sex better because of more experience in interacting with them ... the same for guys : older guys will always know more about girls in general than younger guys - the fact of life.

So yeah ... when a woman tells me her age I can instantly make some predictions about her level of experience whether she likes it or not ... it's the same for me. Me personally I am 28 years old ... compared to a guy who is let's say only 18 years old ... I know a lot more.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:48 pm

I had that glove on Titus to give him a second action. He was pretty cool with that! I really had a hard time giving him up, but I wanted to see the alternative, of course. Next time I'll keep him though.

Well, since you're so experienced you should know better than to think submissive girls are cool. ;)
Being submissive means a huge lack of self esteem and I just don't get why anyone would want that.
Also, someone who needs others to be submissive towards them has a self esteem problem as well.

I'll tell you my age, but I want you to guess first. So go ahead, make an educated guess! +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:22 pm

I couldn't imagine playing any rpg without reading dialogs ... that way I just go ahead and play an action game only ... same thing.

Agreed and tbh I put tremendous efforts in the dialogue.
I want 'em to be exactly true to each character and each situation.

I also think that I got the true ending ... I don't know how I got it but I think I got it cause it was completely unexpected and when it happened I was like +::O_o +::O_o ....

Yeah yeah well I'm quite happy with the idea I got there. +::biggrin +::music

Indy can confirm it if it has something to do with the ending cutscene and a "certain party" appearing out of the blue and "doing something" to the queen of darkness - I speak in riddles lol

Yup, it's the "true" ending, well technically Random getting out with the treasure IS the true ending, and that Z ending you saw is the extension of it. +::biggrin
GLAD you saw it, and loved it. I was always wondering if anyone would (for both).

Also ... no memories section for this game this time

Indeed, memories are getting less entries than before, felt I could just scrap it and have the normal forum sections for feedback. Feel free to open a new thread and post an in-depth feedback. +::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:
darkange wrote:Read the dialogs ... they are part of the story ... I couldn't imagine playing any rpg without reading dialogs ... that way I just go ahead and play an action game only ... same thing.

Well for me a game is something where I want to actively do something. When there's a lot to read, especially when it's not really got to do with the storyline, I tend to lose interest. Sometimes there's just way too much dialog for me.
I'm usually more patient on my first playthrough, then I read pretty much everything. But then no more.

So did you give up on your cute little doll too? ;)

But in this case each new party was like a whole new game?

Agreed about the cute little doll. +::cry +::surrender
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:25 pm

but Frances is kind of hot for a zombie girl - I am into her lol ... and she is submissive ... that is good.

She is! 8) +::heart

I really don't know what you guys have with submissive girls. That's absolutely beyond me.

+::whistle +::whistle +::whistle +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:31 pm

I had that glove on Titus to give him a second action. He was pretty cool with that! I really had a hard time giving him up, but I wanted to see the alternative, of course. Next time I'll keep him though.

Having (logically) played both, I can say Titus is a pretty interesting character.
But Jirina is a tsunami of evil power, few can match that. Maybe someone like Nash.

Well, since you're so experienced you should know better than to think submissive girls are cool. ;)
Being submissive means a huge lack of self esteem and I just don't get why anyone would want that.

I don't think it necessarily means that and also I don't think there would be no reason to want someone like our dear Wendie lol +::O_o +:oops:

Also, someone who needs others to be submissive towards them has a self esteem problem as well.

Or maybe they have a crazy brain (also: it doesn't have to be "others"). +::biggrin
But is being "normal", statistically "common" or "in the mass", all so good? Isn't it just a lack of imagination?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Indinera wrote:Agreed and tbh I put tremendous efforts in the dialogue.

Oh, I believe you. Yet it's really a lot of reading and sometimes I'm just not in the mood for it but just want to play.
Though I love reading. I kind of inhale books, lol. But a game is a game and a book is a book, at least for me.

Indinera wrote:Having (logically) played both, I can say Titus is a pretty interesting character.
But Jirina is a tsunami of evil power, few can match that. Maybe someone like Nash.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the game will still be more than doable without her. Certainly 100 times easier than Hamilton's party where I replayed lots of fights several times.

Indinera wrote:I don't think it necessarily means that and also I don't think there would be no reason to want someone like our dear Wendie lol

Well, I do think it necessarily means that.
And Wendie ... I didn't mean to say no one wants that person. I was just talking about this submissiveness that already in LF sometimes drove me crazy. I always wished she'd just stand up for herself at some point. In LF, the more the story progressed, the more respectful Random treated her. But the way he treats her in this game is something I just don't like, and even less the way she succumbs to it. And that slap in the end really bothered me. That's no fun in my humble opinion.

Indinera wrote:But is being "normal", statistically "common" or "in the mass", all so good? Isn't it just a lack of imagination?

Being submissive and letting other treat you like a dog is immaginative?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Indinera wrote:Having (logically) played both, I can say Titus is a pretty interesting character.

She has some really insane spells. I also wondered - where did you get the name Jirina? Was it from the Czech name Jiřina?

Cassiopeia wrote:
Indinera wrote:I don't think it necessarily means that and also I don't think there would be no reason to want someone like our dear Wendie lol

Well, I do think it necessarily means that.
And Wendie ... I didn't mean to say no one wants that person. I was just talking about this submissiveness that already in LF sometimes drove me crazy. I always wished she'd just stand up for herself at some point. In LF, the more the story progressed, the more respectful Random treated her. But the way he treats her in this game is something I just don't like, and even less the way she succumbs to it. And that slap in the end really bothered me. That's no fun in my humble opinion.

In the original LP, I always understood Wendala's submissivenes as being intentionally exaggerated - to make fun of the "heroic clichés". Just imagine it - "the shining hero, named Random, with his elven fiancee Sarah, and Wendala. On a quest for an eternal glory!" :)
It is also true that for me, Wendala is one of my favorite characters - only second to Luci. And I liked her evolution in LF3, too.

P.s. Cassie, darkange - Did you managed to defeat the boss with Hamilton party in Normal mode only? Or was it also in Hard? The "Holly" Book proved to be too big challenge, I will probably need to restart and try different bonuses throughout the gameplay. As with my current Hamilton party, I am just unable to damage the book faster than it keeps healing itself. +::grrr
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Oh, I believe you. Yet it's really a lot of reading and sometimes I'm just not in the mood for it but just want to play.

Oh, me too.
But in a game I like, I always do at least one playthrough where I read everything thoroughly.
Then once I know the plot, it's kill kill kill lol

Though I love reading. I kind of inhale books, lol. But a game is a game and a book is a book, at least for me.

In this we differ. I don't even like books lol but I like a good story, be it games or movies.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the game will still be more than doable without her. Certainly 100 times easier than Hamilton's party where I replayed lots of fights several times.

It's the weakest one.

I can imagine. But you don't like (or understand) such type of people so your reaction is understandable.

Being submissive and letting other treat you like a dog is immaginative?

There can be far more than just this aspect.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:29 pm

She has some really insane spells. I also wondered - where did you get the name Jirina? Was it from the Czech name Jiřina?

Not sure but probably I remember it from somewhere. :)
Could be from sports, or my global interest in geography.

In the original LP, I always understood Wendala's submissivenes as being intentionally exaggerated - to make fun of the "heroic clichés". Just imagine it - "the shining hero, named Random, with his elven fiancee Sarah, and Wendala. On a quest for an eternal glory!" :)

In LP everything is comical and "exagerated".
But it's also kinda true of FoH.

It is also true that for me, Wendala is one of my favorite characters - only second to Luci. And I liked her evolution in LF3, too.

The LF series focuses a lot on plot, and therefore, the charas involved.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:22 pm

@Tomas you know I play on max difficulty only all the time so yeah I killed the holy book on hard mode with Hamilton .
I can give you a point if it's too hard :
Spoiler: show
since the book is "holy" and a ghost creature ... it is sensible to anti-ghost and evil dmg spells/evil physical dmg

@Cassi since you started this subject I am going to be real with you form this point: Self Esteem and being submissive have no correlation... only women say that and I will say that is absolutely bullshit. You can have high self esteem and still chose to be submissive ... it's the same way as having a mentor - no matter how high and all mighty you think of yourself when your mentor tells you to do something you should do it because you trust his advice - I do exactly the same with my mentor. It's the same with a woman who is confident in herself but still listens to her man because she knows he is right and knows what the fuck he is doing.

All my life I met a lot of difficult women who wanted to do only what they wanted and whenever I met a submissive girl it was a breath of fresh air - my best moments in life are with this type of women ... so I will never chose one who tries to control and dominate me - fuck that ... if she isn't down with my program she is free to go ... I will find another one. If that makes me shallow/superficial - I don't care. If I don't enjoy the life on this earth with people I want then I am just wasting my time.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Tomas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:49 am

darkange wrote:@Tomas you know I play on max difficulty only all the time so yeah I killed the holy book on hard mode with Hamilton .
since the book is "holy" and a ghost creature ... it is sensible to anti-ghost and evil dmg spells/evil physical dmg

Thank you, darkange. But, unless I missed something, I do not have enough spells and weapons with this kind of damage. Maybe I just overlooked some of the loot or talent choices.
Anyway, I will try again.

Now to the less pleasant part. Frankly, the rest of your post is fairly rude and uncalled for.
I totally agree that everyone has a choice regarding the submissive / not submissive choice. Or anything else in his / her life. But while what you say might be a truth, you still can defend your opinions in a less aggressive manner. Please keep this in mind next time and try to avoid words like "f...k that"...
Tomas
Ranger

Postby darkange » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:10 am

Tomas wrote:
darkange wrote:@Tomas you know I play on max difficulty only all the time so yeah I killed the holy book on hard mode with Hamilton .

Thank you, darkange. But, unless I missed something, I do not have enough spells and weapons with this kind of damage. Maybe I just overlooked some of the loot or talent choices.
Anyway, I will try again.

Now to the less pleasant part. Frankly, the rest of your post is fairly rude and uncalled for.
I totally agree that everyone has a choice regarding the submissive / not submissive choice. Or anything else in his / her life. But while what you say might be a truth, you still can defend your opinions in a less aggressive manner. Please keep this in mind next time and try to avoid words like "f...k that"...

As for enough dmg for the book
There is evil dagger found somewhere... i think I had it equipped on Hamilton and it did a lot of dmg on the book when I used his skills... That was the only fight where Priscilla was not dealing much of a damage to the book

That's how I talk in real life too ...I will never censor myself because somebody else don't like that... That will mean I will be phony and fake and not the real me... it's funny how people find certains words to be offensive but demons and horror elements in games are just "normal things" nothing to be offensive for ... plus if you played all Indy games you know very well even some of his characters talk like that sometimes. How come you don't get offended by those too ?
These kind of things baffles me.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Fortress of Hell - Help and Questions