Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S A PLUNGE INTO DARKNESS IS OUT!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S A PLUNGE INTO DARKNESS IS OUT!!

Postby littlebro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:00 am

[quote="darkange"]@littlebro that's one explanation ... and I discovered something new now because I started playing again to chose different set of skills . I'll put in spoilers :

Spoiler: show
From something that Indinera said in one of his posts, I don't think that's likely. I, too, had the Alice change. The only other change that I saw in the party was that on a couple of occasions if a particular member got hit with a spell, he/she could learn it. My memory is that Kate was one of them, and Phil learnt something this way, but I wasn't taking detailed notes, so I can't remember the exact details.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:57 am

darkange wrote:Ok ... I don't get a couple of things ...
Warning : do not click on spoiler button if you haven't finished the game ...

1.) I had a feeling the ending will be similar to Inferno ending .... you like to kill your characters don't you Indy ? lol

2.) Why only the guys were affected by the darkness ? Phil had stomach problems ... Sven and Peter getting possessed...

3.) Why didn't anybody else saw Alice illusion in the chair ?

4.) I still don't get the correlation at the end between Yumie's toy and the boss of the castle ...

1. Not always I'd say, depends on the type of game. 8)
2. Coincidence... See Alice +::O_o
3. It's her mind making her afraid.
4. I have the "reason" but it's meant to be left open to interpretation. +::shhhh
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:03 pm

I didn't see the specific ending coming, but
I could see the characters as part of a future game. Dead ones as inhabitants vs. a party led by Yumie that returns to avenge or find the ones who didn't make it out with her. Maybe the dead ones could identify/help Yumie because of their relatively "recent" conversion? After all, Mr. Softie Boss was moved by a squid toy. Just a thought.

I wasn't put off by the graphics as much as I thought. But, I had to play on more mute than expected because the sounds bothered pets and people. +::cry

Optional acquired spells are listed in the guide for anyone who is curious. There are a lot more of them than my characters acquired.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:14 pm

@kimo:

That implies that Yumie didn't die, but the ending is anything but clear about this specific part. +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby GrannyC » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:46 pm

I was enjoying the game until I got to the end. I would not recommend this to anyone who enjoys a happy ending.
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:37 am

GrannyC wrote:I was enjoying the game until I got to the end. I would not recommend this to anyone who enjoys a happy ending.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. The ending is not supposed to be happy. This is a genuine tale of Halloween I tried to write. +::O_o
IMO it's not even that bad but I'm a fan of horror movies so that's probably why. +::surrender
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby GrannyC » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:23 pm

I don't like horror movies. They scare me and make me very nervous. When I was a little girl I used to hide under the seat at the theater. At my age now I just avoid them.
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:36 pm

GrannyC wrote:I don't like horror movies. They scare me and make me very nervous. When I was a little girl I used to hide under the seat at the theater. At my age now I just avoid them.

I was always pretty brave, I think I saw Jaws at 6 or something. +::music

This game is a bit on the horror side, next one should be more traditional fantasy. 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:00 am

Hi Indi,

Just finished this game and I thought it was great but terrifying!! +::fear I think even more so than FoH as that felt more exploring and playful...this one felt more on the horror story and a suitably "hide under the covers" and "only play in broad daylight with the sound down" for me +::O_o

The game took me about 8:48 hours with all characters levelled to 17 except Phil (18). Everyone acquired all their skills although sometimes I was not quite clear on what they did +:::| Nevertheless, I sprayed them round regardless and managed to complete the game. The minimal resources to heal, etc really drove home the feeling of desperation and need to survive and escape.

The game was suitably grim, disturbing and cryptic - very fitting for Halloween +::biggrin I would highly recommend this game for those who feel up to the challenge. BTW, I played in normal/easy mode - goodness knows how it would be in Nightmare!!?

Many thanks again, Indi, for a wonderful game,

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:11 am

Many thanks again, Indi, for a wonderful game,

You're welcome, not my most popular game, but I think it's deserving of a play, so I'm glad that you loved it.

goodness knows how it would be in Nightmare!!?

It would be exactly what it's called xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Previous

Return to A Plunge into Darkness - Help and Questions