Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S A PLUNGE INTO DARKNESS IS OUT!!

Re: game didn't save

Postby littlebro » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:49 pm

jincyk wrote:I've bought the game. Just noticed that my latest saves didn't stick. (I know I saved under Save 2--that's empty.) I've never had this happen before. Has anyone else had this experience?

No, and I've now completed the game. I didn't experience any bugs at all.

===========

So yep, finished - and the ending isn't what I would have expected. I'm not going to do any spoilers, I'll just say that it fitted the theme.

Took me just over 4 hours. A good game, quite challenging in places. I did think that a couple of the bosses were a tad over powered, (for example, one shot KO) given the limited resources (skills and items) for recovery. It is very rare for me to die in a game, but I did here - but hey, it's a Halloween game, what did I expect?

The music fitted very well, and enhanced the atmosphere, claustrophobic maps and lighting also added to it.

Well worth my time.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darkange » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:53 pm

littlebro wrote:
jincyk wrote:I've bought the game. Just noticed that my latest saves didn't stick. (I know I saved under Save 2--that's empty.) I've never had this happen before. Has anyone else had this experience?

===========

So yep, finished - and the ending isn't what I would have expected. I'm not going to do any spoilers, I'll just say that it fitted the theme.

Took me just over 4 hours. A good game, quite challenging in places. I did think that a couple of the bosses were a tad over powered, (for example, one shot KO) given the limited resources (skills and items) for recovery. It is very rare for me to die in a game, but I did here - but hey, it's a Halloween game, what did I expect?

The music fitted very well, and enhanced the atmosphere, claustrophobic maps and lighting also added to it.

Well worth my time.

Ok ... I am just about to buy the game - finished the demo - a lot of similarities with FoH style of battle and visuals - I like this new style of graphic - rpg maker has evolved ... or Indy has evolved ... who knows +::biggrin

You say you rarely die in games ? If you only imagined how often I die :))
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Re: ALDORLEA'S A PLUNGE INTO DARKNESS IS OUT!!

Postby kimo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:49 pm

1-1/4 hours for the demo and I am buying it now. I don't get the feeling this is only a few hours long.

I have never played a game from Indi that didn't have a secret room in the 1st hour of play. Also, do the different difficulty levels have different save options? I am playing on the easy level and did not need to find the books to save a game. I really don't like fixed save points, but the books are a good warning you might have your butt handed to you in a minute or two.

The "bone monster" was tough, and I lost a character because there are minimal HP renews possible this early. I'm using those attack skills and hoping TP will replenish before another boss encounter.

Don't be too quick with the "return" key after defeating a major baddie. That is when I was allowed to "upgrade" a couple of characters and didn't even know what I had selected because I pressed too fast. So, guess who repeated the battle? +::grrr

@Lady JJ: thanks for the heads up about music. I play most games with sound off and do concur about the sounds adding to the game.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:05 am

+::sos
Okay, I'm stuck in the church area. I have killed all 3 bosses and have an iron key, but I cannot get into the path to the right side of the church pews. An little icon (that resembles a key or an ankh) keeps flashing when my party tries to pass the gate.

Also, I think the guide may have an error.
Spoiler: show
The yellow dot for the preacher's bandana seems to be in to wrong room on the map
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:16 am

kimo wrote:+::sos
Okay, I'm stuck in the church area. I have killed all 3 bosses and have an iron key, but I cannot get into the path to the right side of the church pews. An little icon (that resembles a key or an ankh) keeps flashing when my party tries to pass the gate.

The yellow dot for the preacher's bandana seems to be in to wrong room on the map

Maybe you need the laboratory key? Try exploring to the left of the church pews first. You may need to visit the Basin area before the laboratory.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:23 am

Lady JJ wrote:
kimo wrote:+::sos

Maybe you need the laboratory key? Try exploring to the left of the church pews first. You may need to visit the Basin area before the laboratory.

Thanks, I'll look some more. The guide says you need to kill bosses #1 and #2 to access the right side, so I thought it would be automatic. I've been wandering too long and kind of lost my patience I guess
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:43 am

darkange wrote:You say you rarely die in games ? If you only imagined how often I die :))

It might be because I've played every game he's ever made, including LP1-3, Blades of Heaven, Laxius Team etc., so I have a good idea how his mind works, so I can often work out what the 'likely' best strategy is. That's not always true, and of course there are plenty of times when I ignore that and go with a different strategy which suits my playing style better. And naturally that doesn't help with games by other developers, but as I've played so very many RM games, (quick calculation, must be over 200) I do have a lot of experience to draw on. I can still be surprised, though.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:06 am

littlebro wrote:

===========

Well worth my time.

Thanks for the feedback, and glad you enjoyed it so much. 8)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:07 am

@Lady JJ: thanks for the heads up about music. I play most games with sound off and do concur about the sounds adding to the game.

For an Halloween (horror) game I thought it was important to enhance that aspect.
I'm pretty sure it's even better in a dark room with earplugs on (and the volume turned up). +::music +::sos
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:09 am

Lady JJ wrote:
Tomas wrote:The beginning is scary, especially the music is unnerving.
APID really seems to fit the Halloween theme very well. +::O_o

I usually mute all games, but I found that the background music on this game enhanced the story so well, I kept it on. This is the first game I've ever done that with. :)

I do like the game. It reminds me a bit of FoH, having to select individual skill upgrades with level increases. I also like being able to use all 6 party members and not having to keep one or more inactive. I do need help, though. I've come to a screeching standstill in the game and I can't figure out where to go next. There's no further dialogue. No battles. At one time I had an iron key and a laboratory key but neither shows up now. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Clearly there must be some exit I've missed that would further gameplay, but it is completely eluding me.

The following is a lengthy description of the areas I've been to in the game. It is by no means a walkthrough. In fact, I'm not even sure I accessed these screens in this same order during gameplay. It's hard to make reference to areas because when you enter a new screen, there are few 'map titles' as most are blank. Save locations help a little for navigation. The descriptions are wordy, often with poor grammar. For that, I apologize, but it's hard to ask you where I should be going next when you don't know where I've been. So, if you'll bear with me, I've traversed the castle from the entry point to the church area and beyond, then back to the church area, hoping that someone will recognize a place or exit I've missed. As I said, I am walking around aimlessly with absolutely nothing happening. I'm going to put this in a spoiler, but, truly, there are no spoilers as I've not included anything but physical landmarks. There's nothing that says "The place where you were attacked by ..." or anything else that would give away the plot.

I have found 5 screens which I'll identify by Save Location Names
??????
Corridors
Church
Laboratory
Room
Corridors (not the same as the first)
Basin

Screen where you first wake up
Map Title = ???????
Save Location = ??????
Identifying Landmarks
Animated spider (up/down)
Skeleton to left of save book
First area is cavernous with an exit to the south leading to a W-E passage. The west passage curves north to some rooms and eventually to a dead end. The east then north or further east to screen end, then north and rejoins North route. Follow this northerly route to the eastern edge where it continues north (you can see a skeleton in the entry point eastern cavernous dead end), then continue north to a place where you decide north or west. West just leads to a dead end with arm chains, so go through northern doorway and continue north. This brings you to an area where you can see a bathtub and a room with candlabaras. Go a couple of squares west and then a N-S junction. Go south to the candlabara room, nothing there, return to North-South junction and this time go north. Route curves west to room with green waterfall above candlabara room, exit north. Area has become more corrider-like and less tunnel/cavern-like. Go to E-W corrider which ends in N-S corrider (there is one exit north prior to N-S corridor). The south route ends at a room with 2 candlabaras and 1 treasure chest, the north ends at a dead end with a skeleton and a rock. Return to the E-W corridor and this time, take the north exit. This route turns east (pass a room below with a treasure chest) to a corner, then south then east into next screen. (Note, you haven't yet entered that room you could see below you with the treasure chest.) Enter the next screen.

Screen 1 East of ?????? (Entry)
Map Title is blank
Save Location = Corridors
Identifying Landmark
Wide Stairway (northeast) with Save Book

Route continues east, you can see a path leading west below you back to ?????? (presumably to that treasure chest you could see but couldn't access), stay on path a short way until you decide between continuing east through a round cavernous area or south to a marble floor (statue of an angel is visible). Head south first to treasure chest in marble corridor (2 rooms to right, 1 with that angle statue, another with a bearskin rug and a cross table). Follow marble path to a dead end room containing 2 candlabaras and a cracked pot. Retrace steps and now go east past room with 4 barrels and to a corner. You'll see another save book to your east next to a set of wide stairs. Go south, west, south, west again. Pass a room with a crate, an open barrel and a cracked pot to a corner and then go south. You'll see that bearskin rug room to the west. Continue south to a large room with greenish light effect on the floor. Leave this room at the southwest exit. Head west, north, then west again back to entry map ??????. From here you can access that chest in the entry map. Return to this map (Screen 1 East of ??????) and continue all the way south when you can (as in, don't return to large room with greenish light). There are 3 rooms, all dead ends, so now return to large room with greenish light. Take southeast exit to a junction with one route heading west and the other south/east/north/east. This west route leads to a large cavernous area with some bones and a dead end, return to junction and this time take route heading south/east/north/east. There are a few rooms to south, continue heading generally southeast to a large cavernous area with a skeleton and rocks. This is also a dead end. There are some areas to east you can see, most notable an angel statue in a room with marble floors, a candlabara and a table (pulpit?) with an open book. Return to room with greenish floor lighting, exit north, then follow route northeastish to a N-S junction where you saw the save book and wide stairway. You came from the north, so this time head south until you have to choose either west or east. East takes you to a room with 4 candlabars, a treasure chest and a red pentagon with 5 candles, no other exit. Return to junction and continue west. There are 3 rooms before you turn south, continue south to a corner, head east, enter the room with the angel statue and marble floors, leave and then head north. There are 4 single rooms to east, continue path north to the wide stairway and save book. Climb stairs.

Screen 1 Up from Corridors (via NE wide stairway)
Map Location is Blank
Save Location = Church

This is clearly a church area with a pulpit, pews, and demon heads with purple horns on the floor. There are two exits to east (look for alcove with yellow and brown diamond tiled floor and another alcove just above it) leading to Save Location Laboratory. Exit via the exit above the yellow and brown diamond tiled floor.

Bathtub and Coffin in Blue Tiled Room Screen
Map Location is Blank
Save Location is Laboratory

You'll first enter a room with a bathtub at the top and a coffin in the middle. There are some blue tiles as well as another tree structure. 2 rooms to the east contain another spiked chamber with a skeleton and some spiked chairs. No exit here so return to Church screen and now reenter the Laboratory via the yellow and brown diamond tiled floor exit. There are 3 cells here. The first is locked. The next 3 are open. The path leads to a dead end. Return to the church screen.

Church Screen
(cont.)
The northwest exit from church proper leads to 3 rooms, nothing more. Return to church. There is a southeast exit that just leads to a blue flame with bones, return to church proper and take south exit to a room with a red carpet.

Red Carpet Screen
Map Location is Blank
Save Location = Room

Suit of many armors room is west, nothing else, return to red carpet, go south and west again to room where Alice 'saw herself' in chair. Return to red carpet room and exit south to W-E corridor. The east route leads to a few rooms with pillows (sacks?) but no other exits. Head west instead to next screen which is again named Corridors in Save Location. There is a Save Book in room to west, corridor leads north and south. Take south corridor and then head west to a room with some tree-like structures and then north. While you can meander around some rooms here, it is only the northernmost route that will lead to anything new. Take that northernmost route to exit this screen and go to the next. (Note that you can see a dogleg-like cavernous area to west but you can't access it from here.)

Red Lighting Effect with 2 Hanging Balls Screen
Map Location is Blank
Save Location = Corridors

East/south/east route leads to dead end, so just continue east (angel statue, open spiked chamber, closed chamber, open book on table in rooms above you). There are some rooms you can enter, but basically work your way east and north under 2 sets of golden arches to a corner, then turn west. Make your way to a room with yellow lighting effect and a fenced in central area and a short deadend corridor with lots of bones. You'll see a purple X above you just before you enter the room. Head back down through the golden arches and this time go 2 steps east and then north, west (you'll see that purple X again) and north again. You now enter the double waterfall area.

Waterfall Room
Map Location is Blank
Save Location = Basin

This is a very small map. The southwest exit leads back into the Red Lighting Effect room where that purple X is. Nothing else, so retrace your steps back through the golden arches, and this time take the northern route just west of the golden arches.

Red Lighting Effect with 2 Hanging Balls Screen
(cont.)
Follow the route west, you can explore a dining room above and the room with an angel statue and open spiked chamber below, but continue heading west then south. There is a room to north with a treasure chest and to the south you can enter that dogleg-like area of the Red Carpet Screen. That's it for this screen. Retrace your steps to the beginning of the screen (red lighting effect with 2 hanging balls) and then east to re-enter the Red Carpet Screen.

Red Carpet Screen (cont.)
Continue east, turn north at the junction and return to the red carpet. Continue north to return to the church screen.

Having returned to the church screen, there doesn't appear to be any unexplored areas left. There's no further dialogue. No battles. No nothing. Just aimless walking. At one time I had an iron key and a laboratory key but neither shows up now. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Clearly there must be some exit I've missed that would further gameplay. I'm thinking it might be tied to that one cell that's locked and I can't enter. Can anyone help? +::surrender

Huge and extensive contribution, wow.
Yes, it shares several similarities with FoH. The atmosphere, the horror aspect, the skill bonuses.
In a way it's like a FoH 2. :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:06 am

I don't understand why the keys disappear ? They use it once and then they toss the key ? That would mean that you can only open one door with a key ?

Second thing : the enemies in the underwater area are respawning - good place for farming +::biggrin
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:16 am

"I don't understand why the keys disappear ? They use it once and then they toss the key ? That would mean that you can only open one door with a key ?"

The key gets broken in the lock of course. Or maybe it's just so that it doesn't cause confusion in the inventory. +::biggrin

"Second thing : the enemies in the underwater area are respawning - good place for farming"

Wait before you claim victory! The Trickster was there first! +::biggrin +::music
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Ok ... I don't get a couple of things ...
Warning : do not click on spoiler button if you haven't finished the game ...

1.) I had a feeling the ending will be similar to Inferno ending .... you like to kill your characters don't you Indy ? lol

2.) Why only the guys were affected by the darkness ? Phil had stomach problems ... Sven and Peter getting possessed...

3.) Why didn't anybody else saw Alice illusion in the chair ?

4.) I still don't get the correlation at the end between Yumie's toy and the boss of the castle ...
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:51 pm

darkange wrote:Ok ... I don't get a couple of things ...
Warning : do not click on spoiler button if you haven't finished the game ...

Not being Indy, I leave most of the questions, but my thoughts on the last one are:
That the monster had a memory about its own human origin triggered by that toy she carried round. Enough for him/it to spare her.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darkange » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:24 pm

@littlebro that's one explanation ... and I discovered something new now because I started playing again to chose different set of skills . I'll put in spoilers :

initially I thought only guys get affected but some boss monsters aparently can affect you with some spells or even alter the story - my Alice now turned into a snake because of a "certain" boss that hit her - got new dialogues between parties because of this ... I am now wondering if Kate can be altered too eventually or even Phill by the end
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to A Plunge into Darkness - Help and Questions