Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S A PLUNGE INTO DARKNESS IS OUT!!

ALDORLEA'S A PLUNGE INTO DARKNESS IS OUT!!

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:25 pm

A PLUNGE INTO DARKNESS

$9.99

Image Image

Image Image

STORY:

Trick or Treat? :razz:
Give yourself a TREAT, and dive straight into an evil castle in this grim tale specially designed for Halloween.

Night falls on a group of friends roleplaying together, and as eyelids become heavy, bedtime seems to be the only option.
But Sven has another idea. He wants to show his friends an old castle that hasn't been inhabitated for centuries. Good or bad idea?
Despite a bit of reluctance from some, the group enters the castle and decides to give it a short visit. What started as a bit of fun is about to become a life-changing event for them. But the real question is: can they make it out of the castle alive?

FEATURES:

6 playable characters
A battle party of 6 characters simultaneously
About 4 hours of gameplay
High production values and quality "dark" atmosphere for a deeper immersion
Customize your characters - they get different boosts for killing enemy bosses (including optional ones)
Visible encounters
Mouse control
An Halloween tale full of twists and turns
Grim atmosphere - don't play if you don't like this style

SCREENSHOTS:

HAVE FUN!! +::wizard +::clap +::wizard +::Dance
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: ALDORLEA'S A PLUNGE INTO DARKNESS IS OUT!!

Postby littlebro » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm

You promised this for Halloween, and you've done it with 3 days to spare, so thanks. Going to start it as soon as I can.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:08 pm

littlebro wrote:You promised this for Halloween, and you've done it with 3 days to spare, so thanks. Going to start it as soon as I can.

Thanks! Yeah I thought it might be a nice surprise to have it early! +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:21 pm

The part that I never seen before is 6 party members as an active party - fresh perspective ... too bad it's only 4 hours but at least this time the price is adjusted accordingly.
Now I have to decide if I want to stop playing GR first or if I want to finish it and then play " a plunge into darkness " - funny how nobody got the name of the title ...
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:31 pm

There's still quite a lot to do in the given time, you'll see. And you get to pick which skills to increase so there's quite a lot of different approaches/strategies.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:33 pm

Also I'm interested if you can get/guess the ending. 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Just played the demo, wow! Another great game, have to wait to purchase but it's a definite! Now for Christmas do we get Laxius S? j.k. I do love the full team fighting also. Character art is beautiful and story line is a perfect Halloween game. Keep up the great work Indinera!!!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:23 pm

Just played the demo, wow! Another great game, have to wait to purchase but it's a definite!

Thanks! I did my best so it fits the Halloween theme. +::wizard +::fear

Now for Christmas do we get Laxius S?

No but I'll be working on an "epic" fantasy game to be released next year.

j.k. I do love the full team fighting also. Character art is beautiful and story line is a perfect Halloween game. Keep up the great work Indinera!!!

Thanks again!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:33 pm

Indinera wrote:Also I'm interested if you can get/guess the ending. 8)

There are 2 possibilities. One: It was just a dream, or Two: Sven told the story while they were all sitting around the campfire, while we are suppose to think that they were really in the castle.

I have finished the demo, and really quite liked it, except that for me there is too much talk, especially in the beginning. But otherwise, nicely done. +::Thumbup
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:44 pm

Vald wrote:
Indinera wrote:Also I'm interested if you can get/guess the ending. 8)

There are 2 possibilities. One: It was just a dream, or Two: Sven told the story while they were all sitting around the campfire, while we are suppose to think that they were really in the castle.

I have finished the demo, and really quite liked it, except that for me there is too much talk, especially in the beginning. But otherwise, nicely done. +::Thumbup

I'd say there's less talk while they are in the castle.
I like your 2 possibilities but... I wont say if its any of them. :razz:
If you get the full game, you'll find out. +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:09 am

Indinera wrote:Thanks! Yeah I thought it might be a nice surprise to have it early! +::biggrin

It is. +::YAY

The beginning is scary, especially the music is unnerving.
APID really seems to fit the Halloween theme very well. +::O_o
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:01 am

Tomas wrote:The beginning is scary, especially the music is unnerving.
APID really seems to fit the Halloween theme very well. +::O_o

I usually mute all games, but I found that the background music on this game enhanced the story so well, I kept it on. This is the first game I've ever done that with. :)

I do like the game. It reminds me a bit of FoH, having to select individual skill upgrades with level increases. I also like being able to use all 6 party members and not having to keep one or more inactive. I do need help, though. I've come to a screeching standstill in the game and I can't figure out where to go next. There's no further dialogue. No battles. At one time I had an iron key and a laboratory key but neither shows up now. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Clearly there must be some exit I've missed that would further gameplay, but it is completely eluding me.

The following is a lengthy description of the areas I've been to in the game. It is by no means a walkthrough. In fact, I'm not even sure I accessed these screens in this same order during gameplay. It's hard to make reference to areas because when you enter a new screen, there are few 'map titles' as most are blank. Save locations help a little for navigation. The descriptions are wordy, often with poor grammar. For that, I apologize, but it's hard to ask you where I should be going next when you don't know where I've been. So, if you'll bear with me, I've traversed the castle from the entry point to the church area and beyond, then back to the church area, hoping that someone will recognize a place or exit I've missed. As I said, I am walking around aimlessly with absolutely nothing happening. I'm going to put this in a spoiler, but, truly, there are no spoilers as I've not included anything but physical landmarks. There's nothing that says "The place where you were attacked by ..." or anything else that would give away the plot.

Spoiler: show
I have found 5 screens which I'll identify by Save Location Names
??????
Corridors
Church
Laboratory
Room
Corridors (not the same as the first)
Basin

Screen where you first wake up
Map Title = ???????
Save Location = ??????
Identifying Landmarks
Animated spider (up/down)
Skeleton to left of save book
First area is cavernous with an exit to the south leading to a W-E passage. The west passage curves north to some rooms and eventually to a dead end. The east then north or further east to screen end, then north and rejoins North route. Follow this northerly route to the eastern edge where it continues north (you can see a skeleton in the entry point eastern cavernous dead end), then continue north to a place where you decide north or west. West just leads to a dead end with arm chains, so go through northern doorway and continue north. This brings you to an area where you can see a bathtub and a room with candlabaras. Go a couple of squares west and then a N-S junction. Go south to the candlabara room, nothing there, return to North-South junction and this time go north. Route curves west to room with green waterfall above candlabara room, exit north. Area has become more corrider-like and less tunnel/cavern-like. Go to E-W corrider which ends in N-S corrider (there is one exit north prior to N-S corridor). The south route ends at a room with 2 candlabaras and 1 treasure chest, the north ends at a dead end with a skeleton and a rock. Return to the E-W corridor and this time, take the north exit. This route turns east (pass a room below with a treasure chest) to a corner, then south then east into next screen. (Note, you haven't yet entered that room you could see below you with the treasure chest.) Enter the next screen.

Screen 1 East of ?????? (Entry)
Map Title is blank
Save Location = Corridors
Identifying Landmark
Wide Stairway (northeast) with Save Book

Route continues east, you can see a path leading west below you back to ?????? (presumably to that treasure chest you could see but couldn't access), stay on path a short way until you decide between continuing east through a round cavernous area or south to a marble floor (statue of an angel is visible). Head south first to treasure chest in marble corridor (2 rooms to right, 1 with that angle statue, another with a bearskin rug and a cross table). Follow marble path to a dead end room containing 2 candlabaras and a cracked pot. Retrace steps and now go east past room with 4 barrels and to a corner. You'll see another save book to your east next to a set of wide stairs. Go south, west, south, west again. Pass a room with a crate, an open barrel and a cracked pot to a corner and then go south. You'll see that bearskin rug room to the west. Continue south to a large room with greenish light effect on the floor. Leave this room at the southwest exit. Head west, north, then west again back to entry map ??????. From here you can access that chest in the entry map. Return to this map (Screen 1 East of ??????) and continue all the way south when you can (as in, don't return to large room with greenish light). There are 3 rooms, all dead ends, so now return to large room with greenish light. Take southeast exit to a junction with one route heading west and the other south/east/north/east. This west route leads to a large cavernous area with some bones and a dead end, return to junction and this time take route heading south/east/north/east. There are a few rooms to south, continue heading generally southeast to a large cavernous area with a skeleton and rocks. This is also a dead end. There are some areas to east you can see, most notable an angel statue in a room with marble floors, a candlabara and a table (pulpit?) with an open book. Return to room with greenish floor lighting, exit north, then follow route northeastish to a N-S junction where you saw the save book and wide stairway. You came from the north, so this time head south until you have to choose either west or east. East takes you to a room with 4 candlabars, a treasure chest and a red pentagon with 5 candles, no other exit. Return to junction and continue west. There are 3 rooms before you turn south, continue south to a corner, head east, enter the room with the angel statue and marble floors, leave and then head north. There are 4 single rooms to east, continue path north to the wide stairway and save book. Climb stairs.

Screen 1 Up from Corridors (via NE wide stairway)
Map Location is Blank
Save Location = Church

This is clearly a church area with a pulpit, pews, and demon heads with purple horns on the floor. There are two exits to east (look for alcove with yellow and brown diamond tiled floor and another alcove just above it) leading to Save Location Laboratory. Exit via the exit above the yellow and brown diamond tiled floor.

Bathtub and Coffin in Blue Tiled Room Screen
Map Location is Blank
Save Location is Laboratory

You'll first enter a room with a bathtub at the top and a coffin in the middle. There are some blue tiles as well as another tree structure. 2 rooms to the east contain another spiked chamber with a skeleton and some spiked chairs. No exit here so return to Church screen and now reenter the Laboratory via the yellow and brown diamond tiled floor exit. There are 3 cells here. The first is locked. The next 3 are open. The path leads to a dead end. Return to the church screen.

Church Screen
(cont.)
The northwest exit from church proper leads to 3 rooms, nothing more. Return to church. There is a southeast exit that just leads to a blue flame with bones, return to church proper and take south exit to a room with a red carpet.

Red Carpet Screen
Map Location is Blank
Save Location = Room

Suit of many armors room is west, nothing else, return to red carpet, go south and west again to room where Alice 'saw herself' in chair. Return to red carpet room and exit south to W-E corridor. The east route leads to a few rooms with pillows (sacks?) but no other exits. Head west instead to next screen which is again named Corridors in Save Location. There is a Save Book in room to west, corridor leads north and south. Take south corridor and then head west to a room with some tree-like structures and then north. While you can meander around some rooms here, it is only the northernmost route that will lead to anything new. Take that northernmost route to exit this screen and go to the next. (Note that you can see a dogleg-like cavernous area to west but you can't access it from here.)

Red Lighting Effect with 2 Hanging Balls Screen
Map Location is Blank
Save Location = Corridors

East/south/east route leads to dead end, so just continue east (angel statue, open spiked chamber, closed chamber, open book on table in rooms above you). There are some rooms you can enter, but basically work your way east and north under 2 sets of golden arches to a corner, then turn west. Make your way to a room with yellow lighting effect and a fenced in central area and a short deadend corridor with lots of bones. You'll see a purple X above you just before you enter the room. Head back down through the golden arches and this time go 2 steps east and then north, west (you'll see that purple X again) and north again. You now enter the double waterfall area.

Waterfall Room
Map Location is Blank
Save Location = Basin

This is a very small map. The southwest exit leads back into the Red Lighting Effect room where that purple X is. Nothing else, so retrace your steps back through the golden arches, and this time take the northern route just west of the golden arches.

Red Lighting Effect with 2 Hanging Balls Screen
(cont.)
Follow the route west, you can explore a dining room above and the room with an angel statue and open spiked chamber below, but continue heading west then south. There is a room to north with a treasure chest and to the south you can enter that dogleg-like area of the Red Carpet Screen. That's it for this screen. Retrace your steps to the beginning of the screen (red lighting effect with 2 hanging balls) and then east to re-enter the Red Carpet Screen.

Red Carpet Screen (cont.)
Continue east, turn north at the junction and return to the red carpet. Continue north to return to the church screen.

Having returned to the church screen, there doesn't appear to be any unexplored areas left. There's no further dialogue. No battles. No nothing. Just aimless walking. At one time I had an iron key and a laboratory key but neither shows up now. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Clearly there must be some exit I've missed that would further gameplay. I'm thinking it might be tied to that one cell that's locked and I can't enter. Can anyone help? +::surrender
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Jirafa » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:09 pm

I had this problem, too. After laboratory I was walking and walking aimlessly through all areas again and again.When I climbed the stairs to the basin, I touched the wooden box in the water(I did it before, but nothing happened)-and it was a trigger for dialog between characters and the story continued.
Jirafa
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:30 pm

Jirafa wrote:I had this problem, too. After laboratory I was walking and walking aimlessly through all areas again and again.When I climbed the stairs to the basin, I touched the wooden box in the water(I did it before, but nothing happened)-and it was a trigger for dialog between characters and the story continued.

Aha! And it's game time again. :) Thank you so much, Jirafa. +::YAY
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

game didn't save

Postby jincyk » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:56 pm

I've bought the game. Just noticed that my latest saves didn't stick. (I know I saved under Save 2--that's empty.) I've never had this happen before. Has anyone else had this experience?

Update: I think I figured out what happened. I needed to close the game mid-fight; I could not close the application with the mouse (clicking on X), so I did control/alt/delete and Ended the Task. Apparently when you End Task with this game (not others--I've never had this happen before), it wipes the current save file. No idea why.
Last edited by jincyk on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jincyk
Explorer

Next

Return to A Plunge into Darkness - Help and Questions