Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Quest #37 - Mushroom King

Quest #37 - Mushroom King

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:37 pm

I browsed the forum, but didn't find much on this. It just says somewhere to click the mushroom and wait.
Well I waited, and nothing happened. It wouldn't interact anymore either.
So I left, thinking that it will occur to Penelope at some point, but it never did.
I'm sure there's a very logical solution to this one, I just can't think of it! ;)
Cassiopeia
Hero

Re: Quest #37 - Mushroom King

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:57 pm

I think the really important part here... is the "wait" bit +::O_o
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:I browsed the forum, but didn't find much on this. It just says somewhere to click the mushroom and wait.
Well I waited, and nothing happened. It wouldn't interact anymore either.
So I left, thinking that it will occur to Penelope at some point, but it never did.
I'm sure there's a very logical solution to this one, I just can't think of it! ;)

My notes say Penelope tells a story and the time you need to wait is given in that story. While the wait time is really not that long in RL, just having your character stand there until something happens seems like a decade. +::Zzzz

Indy is absolutely right about just sit back and wait. Maybe open a bottle, pour a glass of wine, take a sip ... and voila! Looks like beef stroganoff for dinner. +::biggrin
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:37 pm

And remember that you had to have read the story about the Mushroom King back in St. Mountain else it won't trigger. But, yeah, it's a l-o-n-g, l-o-n-g wait. You'll know you're getting close when a timer countdown appears.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:56 am

Thank you both.
This is strange. My Penelope did not tell a story though. I did get the quest triggered at Saint Tower when checking that bookshelf. There Penelope said something about a legend that she was told as a child I think. That triggered the quest.
But when I got to the mushroom, iirc she just said something about it being a nice big mushroom or something. That was it. When clicking the mushroom again, no dialog window came anymore.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:17 pm

If you look in your quests, you should see #37 The Mushroom King activated but not completed. When you click the mushroom, Penelope says "Oohhh so lovely and colorful." Wait about 45 seconds and then you'll see the countdown timer start in the upper right. If that's not happening, then, unfortunately, I think you didn't get the quest. You probably reloaded from an earlier save where you thought you had read that book but actually hadn't. If that's the case, reload your last save from St. Mountain, prior to reentering the Elven Forest (because I'm pretty sure once you reenter the forest with Penelope you can't return to St. Mountain) and make a dash to to Penelope's Tower. You can easily avoid any enemies and it will only take a few minutes. Unfortunately, you'll need to replay all of the Elven Forest stuff you've done with Penelope.

Edit: The story is read in the library, not at the mushroom site, and the legend says you have to wait "one full minute."
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:31 pm

Oh, I've already written that quest off long ago. I'm at the Evil Shrine now, almost ready to finish this, and there's no way I'll replay everything. I just wanted to know what the solution to this one was, because it bugged me.
I did trigger the quest, but I don't remember the one minute thing. I'm not a big reader in games (books, oh yes, I "swallow" them, but games I want to play, not read, and for my taste there's just way too much talking – and often they don't have pleasant things to say), so I guess I just browsed through that dialog.
Thanks anyway! Knowing the solution gives me some peace of mind, lol!

Now I'm wondering what else comes after #49, because I think I'm almost at the end, and I don't quite see how there are 5 more quests. But maybe there are. +::Dunno

Edit: Duh, 54 counts the ones with secret rooms and heroes too .....
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:07 pm

Good luck, Cassie. Which party did you bring to the evil shrine? I started working on complete walkthroughs for the different sections. Maybe I'll finish them while I'm waiting for the new game. Let me know if you're interested, probably PM is best.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:19 pm

Thank you! I'm at the Evil Shrine with Caius.
Wow, that's quite a task!
Thank you very much for the offer, but I really just have to finish off the last boss. I've found all the SR's on my own with the exception of that dreaded monkey one, and I've found all the heroes. I'm missing one relic, but I also missed three quests, so either I still find it on my last meters, or it was the reward for one of those quests.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu May 06, 2021 1:25 pm

So that mushroom tells me to be fair when he gives me his rewards.
Is my assumption right that, if I choose one character twice, they won't receive the second one? I'm supposed to give everybody one thing, right?
Because I think I chose Genevieve for the level, but also for the purification spell, and now I can't find that spell on anyone.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Thu May 06, 2021 1:34 pm

Correct. Something for each of them.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu May 06, 2021 2:14 pm

Okay, went back to fix that. Now everyone got something - though I haven't figured out what "growth and vigor" was.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Thu May 06, 2021 2:22 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Okay, went back to fix that. Now everyone got something - though I haven't figured out what "growth and vigor" was.

haven't checked but sounds like permanent stat boosts
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu May 06, 2021 4:25 pm

Whatever it was, it was the only thing left for Busho, so I figured it can only make him better.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat May 08, 2021 1:39 pm

Just wanted to mention this:
I gave Lilith that poison spell Noxious Spores. BEST choice ever, because she's in Genevieve's party and Genevieve's Worms Hatching quadruples damage when the enemy is poisoned.
8 zombies at once? No problem! Two spells of the girls and they are done! +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Next

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions