Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

My Red Lilac died

Re: My Red Lilac died

Postby kimo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Indinera wrote:
darkange wrote:
Indinera wrote:Almost made it!!!!! +::cry +::cry +::cry +::Dunno

OK ... it died right before getting Marlyn... sooo red lilac felt her evil presence at died lol

maybe couldn't live with the idea of caius' interest switching back to marlyn +::cry

The plant is a great thing you have made, Indi. I love its harvest as much as zin grapes.

I will be testing your comment, because I am using Caius in the Ice Shrine this time. I think the relic has a lot to do with longevity and I wonder if that is worth having with Caius party. Of course, the plant should die if there has been no fertilizer and no relic. But I have a feeling the fertilizer should make it grow faster and produce more "fruit" just like my garden. +::whistle
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:16 pm

My Red Lilac is now a Red Elder Lilac. I am 1/2 way through the Dark Shrine with Busho's party and the relic equipped that extends plant life. I did buy the plant late in its cycle, so that might be part of the reason it is still growing goodies for harvest.

Next game (3?) I will approach the plant differently and see what the fertilizer does.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:27 am

kimo wrote:My Red Lilac is now a Red Elder Lilac. I am 1/2 way through the Dark Shrine with Busho's party and the relic equipped that extends plant life. I did buy the plant late in its cycle, so that might be part of the reason it is still growing goodies for harvest.

Next game (3?) I will approach the plant differently and see what the fertilizer does.

Very glad to hear! ;)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:28 am

kimo wrote:My Red Lilac is now a Red Elder Lilac. I am 1/2 way through the Dark Shrine with Busho's party and the relic equipped that extends plant life. I did buy the plant late in its cycle, so that might be part of the reason it is still growing goodies for harvest.

The plant life is dependent on how many fights you do ... the less you fight with mobs... the more of a chance you have of reaching at the final boss with the plant.

I did that on the second ending.... but don't expect any special reward or something like that for keeping the plant alive the entire game
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:26 am

I didn't do anything special 2nd playthrough and the plant was still alive when the game switched from Bush & Co. at the Evil Shrine to Caius and Penelope at the Ice Shrine.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:08 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I didn't do anything special 2nd playthrough and the plant was still alive when the game switched from Bush & Co. at the Evil Shrine to Caius and Penelope at the Ice Shrine.

Very interesting. I did the same party switch and the plant didn't follow me. Boy, that really makes you wonder. +::Dunno
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:35 pm

kimo wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I didn't do anything special 2nd playthrough and the plant was still alive when the game switched from Bush & Co. at the Evil Shrine to Caius and Penelope at the Ice Shrine.

Very interesting. I did the same party switch and the plant didn't follow me. Boy, that really makes you wonder. +::Dunno

No, no. The plant didn't follow me. But I never got the message saying it had died, so I'm assuming it's still alive under Genevieve's care. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
kimo wrote:

No, no. The plant didn't follow me. But I never got the message saying it had died, so I'm assuming it's still alive under Genevieve's care. :)

I get it. Mine was still alive when I switched parties, too. And you bought your plant the first time it was available? And you got fertilizer for it, too? I know the relic helped me a lot.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Red Lilac Care & Feeding-SPOILER

Postby kimo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:16 pm

This time I bought the Red Bud from the potato seller the second chance I got. Do not talk to the potato girl and you will be able to buy it until the volcano explodes. However buying it on the second opportunity works if you are careful.

DO NOT complete the Ogre quest (Q28) until the plant becomes a Red Lilac or you will not be able to buy fertilizer that causes plant to double its crop.

And Fenlyr gives a relic after completing Q29 that extends plant life, so you might want to equip that immediately.

Here is the schedule I followed (with game hours in parentheses):
Red Bud (aka Red Lilac)
Bought Before Ogre Tower, Growth=24 after finding Genevieve in tower;
Growth=31 (now a Red Sprout) after returning lost girl in Tower (8hr,19min);
Growth=101 after blowing up Volcano (11hr, 38min);
Growth=170 when entering Bunker area (14hr, 35min);
Growth=183 taking roof to Canacopra (15hr, 42min);
Plant becomes Red Germ after sleeping in “Z’s” bunker (16hrs, 5min);
Growth=59 after defeating EvolBatNest (16hrs, 25min);
Growth=61 just before Q#23 (17hrs, 51min);
Growth=70 when entering Lilith’s camp site (18hrs, 38min);
Growth=104 just before finding Random in Elven Forest (19hrs, 52min);
Growth=126 after finishing Q27 (20hrs, 55min);
Plant becomes Red Young Lilac after returning to Random in base camp and sleeping (21hrs, 1min);
Red Young Lilac “Nice” comment Growth=10 (21hrs, 21min);
Growth=20 (22hrs, 33min) Received 2 items because I bought fertilizer in Pink Strawberry Fields after Ogre quest (Q28) completed.

Now, if someone with even more time to "waste" wants to calculate whether this is time or event sensitive... +::Thumbup

I hope I haven't left anything out, but please feel free to add what you have found. I will report back later when I get farther into the game and note any growth cycle changes. This is such a valuable and curious item.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

My Red Lilac disappeared

Postby kimo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:37 pm

It was with the fully party just before splitting up and all items were given to Busho's party. But, when Busho's party was just outside the Ice Shrine, the plant was no longer in their inventory. +::cry Hopefully, it will show up in Caius' party when the game switches parties again. But, Genevieve will not be able to create anything from ingredients even if that is the case. +::Dunno

Here is my log of what the plant did until the party splits.
Spoiler: show
Red Bud (aka Red Lilac)
Plant becomes Red Young Lilac after returning to Random in base camp and sleeping (21hrs, 1min);
Growth=20 (22hrs, 33min) Received 2 items because I bought fertilizer in Pink Strawberry Fields after Ogre quest (Q28) completed.
Growth=40 (24hr, 13min) 2nd crop
Growth=60 (24hr, 45min) 3rd crop
Growth=80 (29hr, 15min) 4th crop
Growth=100 (31hr, 47min) 5th crop
Becomes Red Happy Lilac here? “Nice! It looks so beautiful now!” is the item comment.
Growth=108 (32hr, 47 min) 6th crop more items? (3 total)
Growth=120 (33hr, 14min.) 7th crop 3 items
Growth=132 (33hr, 36min.) 8th crop 3 items
Growth=144 (34hr, 16min) 9th crop 3 items (just before party split)

DO NOT complete the Quest #28 (3 Ogres and 1 bride) until the plant becomes a Red Lilac or you will not be able to buy fertilizer that causes the plant to double its crop.

Remember, I bought this "plant" the second time I was in the town just before entering the Orge Tower for the first time. And don't talk to the potato girl until you want to buy the plant.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: My Red Lilac disappeared

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:18 am

kimo wrote:It was with the fully party just before splitting up and all items were given to Busho's party. But, when Busho's party was just outside the Ice Shrine, the plant was no longer in their inventory. +::cry Hopefully, it will show up in Caius' party when the game switches parties again. But, Genevieve will not be able to create anything from ingredients even if that is the case. +::Dunno

Here is my log of what the plant did until the party splits.
Spoiler: show
Red Bud (aka Red Lilac)
Growth=40 (24hr, 13min) 2nd crop
Growth=60 (24hr, 45min) 3rd crop
Growth=80 (29hr, 15min) 4th crop
Growth=100 (31hr, 47min) 5th crop
Becomes Red Happy Lilac here? “Nice! It looks so beautiful now!” is the item comment.
Growth=108 (32hr, 47 min) 6th crop more items? (3 total)
Growth=120 (33hr, 14min.) 7th crop 3 items
Growth=132 (33hr, 36min.) 8th crop 3 items
Growth=144 (34hr, 16min) 9th crop 3 items (just before party split)

DO NOT complete the Quest #28 (3 Ogres and 1 bride) until the plant becomes a Red Lilac or you will not be able to buy fertilizer that causes the plant to double its crop.

Remember, I bought this "plant" the second time I was in the town just before entering the Orge Tower for the first time. And don't talk to the potato girl until you want to buy the plant.

Thanks for the detailed feedback, definitely useful to follow the actual growth of that plant. It does live a long life if you pump it with the good stuff you find along the way +::music
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat May 08, 2021 1:36 pm

There's another way to extend the plant's life - probably not quite intended, but possible. +::biggrin
When the message comes up that says that the plant has died, just hit F5 and reload the autosave. It always save right after the fight, and whatever message there might be will be repeated.
If you're lucky, the message won't pop up and you keep your precious plant.
However, the higher the growth, the higher the chances it will die and at some point it gets tedious.
I got its growth to 400 now and squeezed 4 more crops out of it since it first died, but now I guess I'm gonna let it rest in peace. +::heart
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Lady JJ » Sat May 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Good tip, Cassie. Looks like you're enjoying this second playthrough better than the first. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat May 08, 2021 2:20 pm

I do. Because I don't have that stress of missing things now.
That's what I meant from the start. I do like to learn the solutions to everything the first time, because then the second time is just relaxing. Knowing everything is not the least bit boring for me now.
I still can improve the first time. Like this time my goal is to get a complete beastbook. Not only with all monsters - I had that the first time too, but also with all drops.
That was a bit of a challenge with Karim and his fellows. Three guys with three drops each. I think I killed Karim like 20 times - but then I got it. +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat May 08, 2021 4:17 pm

Therefore, I request a second Memories entry! (or an update) :razz: :razz: :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions