Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

My Red Lilac died

My Red Lilac died

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:16 pm

Did the lilac just reach the end of it's normal life expectancy (approx 32 hours game time), or is there a way to water it? I was really excited when I was given some fertilizer and the lilac started giving double its crop, but now, sadly, it's RIP red lilac. +::cry
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: My Red Lilac died

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:56 am

It does die at some point.
The fertilizers you gave probably extended its life though. +::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:16 am

It dies ? Damn .... this red lilac is so productive and efficient... best money I ever spent on a plant +::biggrin
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:20 am

darkange wrote:It dies ? Damn .... this red lilac is so productive and efficient... best money I ever spent on a plant +::biggrin

Much helpful in harder modes, isn't it? 8)
You probably didn't have to spend money on her, but I reckon Clochette from Dreamscape was even more useful. +::biggrin
(those were the days +::heart )
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Indinera wrote:It does die at some point.
The fertilizers you gave probably extended its life though. +::Thumbup

Thanks for clarifying this. I no longer have to agonize over my lack of a green thumb. :)
@Darkange, it took a long time to die, probably you wouldn't even need it by the time it reaches the end of its life.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:52 pm

Mine died before I got to the fertilizer. My guess is that it would be better to get it slightly later (I got it at the very beginning of that town) so that it doesn't use up too much of its natural life span on faffing around in the Ruins etc. But obviously before the volcano blows up, but with the change of dialogue then, I imagine that it won't be available at that point.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darkange » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:45 pm

littlebro wrote:Mine died before I got to the fertilizer. My guess is that it would be better to get it slightly later (I got it at the very beginning of that town) so that it doesn't use up too much of its natural life span on faffing around in the Ruins etc. But obviously before the volcano blows up, but with the change of dialogue then, I imagine that it won't be available at that point.

Your reply was confusing to me - so getting the fertilazer earlier is bad or good ? and you got it before the volcano blew up ? In my playthough the volcano didn't erupt yet ... so this means I should find the fertilizer soon ?
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 pm

Your reply was confusing to me - so getting the fertilazer earlier is bad or good ? and you got it before the volcano blew up ? In my playthough the volcano didn't erupt yet ... so this means I should find the fertilizer soon ?

No, I didn't express myself clearly.
I meant get the lilac later, so that it is still alive when I get to the fertilizer, which is much, much later in the game. I also meant that it would be necessary to get the lilac before the volcano blows up, because afterwards, all the NPC can talk about is losing her potato crop.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darkange » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:07 pm

Then my red lilac will probably die too before I get the fertilizer - I got it as early as possible - the first time I entered town and I also wasted some days sleeping - so I am ready for crying +::cry
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:52 pm

darkange wrote:- so I am ready for crying +::cry

I know how you feel. Loved that plant. So useful.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby kimo » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:53 pm

littlebro wrote:

No, I didn't express myself clearly.
I meant get the lilac later, so that it is still alive when I get to the fertilizer, which is much, much later in the game. I also meant that it would be necessary to get the lilac before the volcano blows up, because afterwards, all the NPC can talk about is losing her potato crop.

I didn't buy the plant during my first playthrough. And I waited until the last visit before the volcano exploded when I bought it on the second playthrough. As long as you don't talk to the "potato" girl, you will be offered to buy the plant. Once you say "NO", she never offers again. I totally forgot about the plant during the first game.

Since the plant is so pricey at 95 gold, there must be an optimum point at which to buy the plant. When I bought it so late, I was never offered fertilizer (Strawberry Fields, right) because the plant was not yet mature. I am not sure what triggers the plant's growth, yet. Is it really a timed event? Apparently future plays will be focused on that plant and the permanents it produces. Now, if the thing only grew some #%$& MAT buffs. +::grrr
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:49 pm

yeah it probably has to be mature enough to get fertilizer ... then you can get the spirit of raflesia to extend the live even further.

I myself bought immediately when I entered town and spent those 95 bucks without hesitation as I imagined it must be helpful later on - so I bought it as early as possible and I managed to get everything on time and it died only in the evil shrine area at the end - it kept me so much that I was wondering when will it finally die lol
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 pm

it died only in the evil shrine area at the end

Almost made it!!!!! +::cry +::cry +::cry +::Dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:22 pm

Indinera wrote:Almost made it!!!!! +::cry +::cry +::cry +::Dunno

OK ... it died right before getting Marlyn... sooo red lilac felt her evil presence at died lol
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:29 pm

darkange wrote:
Indinera wrote:Almost made it!!!!! +::cry +::cry +::cry +::Dunno

OK ... it died right before getting Marlyn... sooo red lilac felt her evil presence at died lol

maybe couldn't live with the idea of caius' interest switching back to marlyn +::cry
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions