Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Walkthrough for the Ice Shrine

Walkthrough for the Ice Shrine

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:34 pm

Walkthrough Ice Shrine-Caius and Penelope (with notes for Busho, Lilith and Genevieve)

Scene begins outside of Ice Shrine with Caius and Penelope. They have no items and only half the amount of money you amassed at the time of the split. They need a minimum of 10,000G before visiting the merchant at the volcanic island. (Note: to find the volcanic island, fly due east from Deckersville) Do NOT visit the merchant until after you have Nyx in your party.

The Arena
Finding the arena
The arena is a square tower on the same continent as Fay and Deckersville. The easiest way to find it is to fly due north from the ice shrine to the northern tip of the crescent shaped island. Continue slightly northwest across two bridges to a round tower, then due west to the square tower.
Spoiler: show
Talk to everybody. There are 3 areas. The central area includes the entrance and the upstairs where you can buy your ticket to participate. There is also a shop there where you can buy healing, mana and ailment potions. Unfortunately, there are no tonic herbs and bolt jars for sale. Restoring TP can only be done through battling. This is true for both parties.
The left area is the museum. There are some amusing dialogues here, but not much in the way of goodies. There is a legendary hero in the right area (Marine, Millenium series). Valuable hint courtesy of littlebro: Do NOT speak to Marine until you have Nyx in your party and come back downstairs. This way, Nyx will be rewarded for the hero as well. You cannot go up the stairs just yet.
Return to the central area, second floor, and buy your tickets. Present the tickets to the man guarding the right door of the central area. Win 4 battles. (Hint: defeat Lolita ASAP. Penelope can always heal lost HP, but a charmed fighter is going to find it hard to win.)

Talk to the lady behind the desk in front of you to collect your reward. Also, talk to Dewon (masked guy by the right statue). Head downstairs.

Go to the right area and access the stairs. Talk to Nyx. Penelope will convince Nyx to join your party. Go back upstairs and talk to Dewon again. Engage in another arena battle, this time using magic only. Nyx’s Consuming metal spell will get you through it. Collect your 10,000G reward, reequip your weapons, and speak again to the lady at the rightmost counter. She will grant you another prize, which is a better sword for Nyx (or Busho). Make sure you complete this second battle before leaving the arena. (Note: Busho’s team will not be able to return to the arena.)

The Volcanic Island Merchant
Finding the merchant-From Deckersville the arena, fly to the northern coast of the continent by Deckersville, then due east.
Note: you could have travelled here before getting Nyx, but then you’d only be rewarded with an MPP for 2 and that wouldn’t be enough to complete the Crystal God challenge. Arriving here with Nyx will get you an MPP for 3, which is what you’ll need.
The merchant will only award you with the MPP pack if you’ve spent a total of 10,000G, so be sure to do that. It might be worth it to purchase 2 Titan’s Plates and 1 Moltenhart (for Caius or Nyx). Remember to choose the MPP pack, not the FPP or the SPP.

Fay
Next stop, Fay. You can initiate the Romance paused (#42) quest here, but don’t use the recently acquired potions to solve that quest yet. You’re going to need those potions to complete the Crystal god quest. They don’t work anyway, at least for Caius. [Update-the newest release allows the quest to be solved by both Caius and Busho. From Kimo: Use MAT boost for Busho OR use MAT and MMP boost for Caius.] (Note: If you have Busho’s party and have an extra mind potion or cosmic potion, go ahead and complete the quest.) Be sure to enter the Items store. You’re not welcome to shop there, but you can at least collect an Angel wing thrown at you in disgust. (Note: Busho’s team is welcome to shop here at any time). Visit the Church of Fay to find an envelope with a Death card (relic). Be sure to talk to the man walking around with the cows just before the Church of Fay screen to find another legendary hero (Jarret, Tale of a Common Man)
Note: Busho can get a might potion from the Pub owner, Caius can only purchase potions from the arena. Busho can only purchase potions in Fay.

Tarragan Castle
Directly north of Fay, on the same continent, is Tarragan castle.
Enter it to find Melusine (legendary hero, Book of Legends) and yet another quest, Metal Orc (#41). This quest can be solved immediately by going to the newly appearing church nearby and just waiting. The metal orc drops a Moltenhart and Titibert (relic). Equip the Moltenhart. Consider this your reward, as Melusine isn’t giving any.

The Raflesia Queen
Head to the swamp island to find and defeat the Raflesia queen. To get there, head east a short distance from Tarragan castle to Deckersville, then due south. There is only one spot to land your spaceship. Walk to the outlined spot to encounter the queen. Reward includes Boom tsarv (relic).

The Sword in the Stone
This quest (#25) is found on the southern tip of the crescent island. It may have been initiated prior to entering the Elven Forest, but, if not, initiate it now. Fly west to Deckersville, southwest to Fay, due east to the crescent island.
The quest can not be solved yet, as this party doesn’t have the necessary ATK boost.
Note: If Busho’s party has 2 Might potions, Nyx can complete this quest now.

The Ice Shrine (Shrine of Nord)
Return now to the Ice shrine. From the crescent island, fly due south. You may want to walk around the overworld area a bit to build up TP. There are no TP building potions. Don’t forget to make liberal use of the Bear trap skill.

Enter the Ice shrine
Bellanue battle
Penelope can read the inscription on the shrine, all stats for all party members increased by 10-15.
To the north is a locked double door. You won’t be able to open it for a while.
There are exits left and right. Explore the right area first.
Note: No one in Busho’s party can read the inscription, so they will not get the stat boost.

Lower right section
Check crystals by lakes for crystal dust
Make potion (treasure chest)
Palladion (treasure chest)
Kraken tentacle (treasure chest)
Secret Room #55 (approach from left side = 2500 exp all, approach from right side = 10,000G

Upper right section
Work your way clockwise through this section.
Sands of destiny (treasure chest), Dark balm (treasure chest)
Darkness bow (treasure chest, Scorpion cane (treasure chest)
Devil’s pike (treasure chest)
Twin orb (treasure chest), Cosmic potion (treasure chest)
Dark balm (treasure chest), Dragonclaw shield (treasure chest)
Secret room #56 (ghoul egg, spellbook: Doom blast, Styx staff)
Belmonte encounter
Dark balm x3 (treasure chest), Interstellar bow (treasure chest)
Green button lifts gate to other side of entrance
Return to the entry screen.

You should have a decent amount of money, so it may be worth your while to return to the arena to more fully stock up on healing, mana, ailment and revive potions. Also, if your TP is low, knock out a few overworld, lower level monsters to build up before returning to the ice shrine.

Exit left from entry screen to the Chasm of the Nord area
Palladion (treasure chest)
Cross the bridges
Ancient crystal (treasure chest)
Secret room #57 (Pallodion, Templar shield, Thorgut)
Secret room #58 (Acorn of the gods, Ghoul egg)
Exit upper

Trinity helmet (treasure chest)
Healing potion (treasure chest)
Saint potion (treasure chest)
Frozen eye (ice hole)
Cross single narrow bridge
Frozen eye (ice hole)
Saint jar (treasure chest)
Frozen eye (ice hole)
Mana potion (treasure chest)
Shrine (all party members gain +4 MDF)
Revive potion (treasure chest)
Secret room #59 [Ghoul egg, Susannah (legendary hero, Moonchild)]
Exit upper to next screen (Shrine of Nord)

Shrine of Nord (lower)
Exit south to next screen (Chasm of Nord)
Find Bodken lower left area (Frozen eye x3)
Christensen (treasure chest)
Saint cross (treasure chest)
Mimic (treasure chest to right of building, save before opening, quit and reload until hero potion dropped)
Mimic (treasure chest lower left open area, Azura materia, save game after opening)
3 mimics chase you down, random drops, quit and reload until hero potion dropped
Click on left window of building for Secret room #60 (Energy hexacrystal, Starlord shield)
Formidable chest on top of plateau, use 1 hero potion on Caius, Zaragalus (relic)
Speak to monks to cause Ice god to appear next screen

Exit through building to Shrine of Nord (upper)
Secret room #60, press enter over dark area left, lower corner (Scorpio spear)
Place Azura materia on pedestal upper left corner in front of statues (opens double doors central area)
Evoluton rose (treasure chest)
4 Blue pillars blocking 4 treasure chests
Try entering green ball of energy, leave and return to secret room #59, Susannah gives you cold protection.
Return to the green ball of energy, get message saying it’s not enough, use Soul potions given by the volcano island to increase MDF +1 for each party member. You don’t need to use the Mind potions, just the Soul potions. Defeat Karazz’Krezorius to complete the quest. Return to the monks for reward (Divine).

Now that you, hopefully, have a couple of extra hero potions, exit the Ice Shrine to the overworld and fly due north to the sword in the stone. When finished, return to the Ice Shrine.

Enter the shrine and head north. If you placed the Azura materia on the pedestal, the double doors will now open. Enter the Hall of Nord

Hall of Nord
Saint cross (treasure chest), Saint cross (treasure chest)
Saint cross (treasure chest), Saint cross (treasure chest)
Dawn Blackberry (treasure chest), Dawn Blackberry (treasure chest)
Pearls of Shaarolah (treasure chest)
Angel wing (treasure chest), Deathlord (treasure chest), Rose of the hero (treasure chest)

Belmonte encounter
Enter the Hall of Titans
Find Bodken lower right corner, blue columns are now lowered.
Return to the site of the 4 blue columns and collect the treasure chests contents (Palladion, Megido, Odysseus, Sacred Palladion). Return to the Hall of Titans.

Hall of Titans
Just below the stair path, a little to the left, is a dark path of ice. Walk across it to obtain a Zen.
Antigona (treasure chest)
Hercules spear (treasure chest)
Hero jar (treasure chest),
Continue forging your way north, up a small set of stairs to the right and to a wider set of stairs in the center. Make your way to the shrine entrance. Check out the treasure chests before entering for 2 mana potions.
Anti-sceptor of Valhaala (red mimic treasure chest), Khremoryon (red mimic treasure chest)

Continue moving forward to the final battle with the Ice god.
Last edited by Lady JJ on Wed May 05, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: Walkthrough for the Ice Shrine

Postby littlebro » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:18 pm

Nice, detailed post.
This will be a great help for people.
The only alternation I would suggest is - don't speak to Marine until after you get Nyx, so that she gets the reward for finding a hero as well. The same for Melusine and Jerrat.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby kimo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:33 pm

WOW! And I thought I took a lot of notes. Great work! +::clap +::clap +::clap
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:44 pm

littlebro wrote:Nice, detailed post.
This will be a great help for people.
The only alternation I would suggest is - don't speak to Marine until after you get Nyx, so that she gets the reward for finding a hero as well. The same for Melusine and Jerrat.

Great tip, thanks. I added the Marine part in italics in the spoiler.

kimo wrote:WOW! And I thought I took a lot of notes. Great work! +::clap +::clap +::clap

Well, I had some help after all. ;)
Working on the Evil Shrine walkthrough now, unless someone else has already started one.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:59 am

Deserves a sticky, so stickied it is!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby diklazam » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:17 pm

I just noticed that if you want to speak to Marine, the legendary heroess, AFTER you fight with Nyx the second time in the ARENA - you can't get her because of some illness. So first get Nyx and when you go downstares with nyx in your party this is the chance to talk to Marine and get your points to Nyx too.
diklazam
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:36 pm

diklazam wrote:I just noticed that if you want to speak to Marine, the legendary heroess, AFTER you fight with Nyx the second time in the ARENA - you can't get her because of some illness. So first get Nyx and when you go downstares with nyx in your party this is the chance to talk to Marine and get your points to Nyx too.

That's a good hint - although technically not really Ice Shrine related xD
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ozgal » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:29 pm

This walkthrough is really terrific and helpful, thank you!!

I'm having trouble finding the swamp though, for the Raflesia queen. There is a place I found in some mountains on the same continent as Terragon, (I'm not sure where Deckersville is)... there are 2 places to land but nowhere to walk once you do. i have tried both landings, facing some weird-shaped thing but "exploring" doesnt do anything. Not sure if I'm in the right place but can't find anything else that sounds like the description given +::sos
ozgal
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:41 pm

ozgal wrote:This walkthrough is really terrific and helpful, thank you!!

I'm having trouble finding the swamp though, for the Raflesia queen. There is a place I found in some mountains on the same continent as Terragon, (I'm not sure where Deckersville is)... there are 2 places to land but nowhere to walk once you do. i have tried both landings, facing some weird-shaped thing but "exploring" doesnt do anything. Not sure if I'm in the right place but can't find anything else that sounds like the description given +::sos

It's a purple island, south of Deckersville. Deckersville is on the main continent just a big southwest of where you got the spaceship. I believe there is just one spot to land your spaceship. Then exit and walk around the northwest corner area. She'll find you. Be ready. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ozgal » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:59 pm

Lady JJ wrote:It's a purple island, south of Deckersville. Deckersville is on the main continent just a big southwest of where you got the spaceship. I believe there is just one spot to land your spaceship. Then exit and walk around the northwest corner area. She'll find you. Be ready. :)

Found it, thank you! I would never have noticed there was anything on that purple island.
ozgal
Peasant

Postby gje747 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:17 am

Help re 4 Pillars
Have Bushko party . have done everything per Walkthrough - but when go to the Hall of Titans Bodken is not there, so unable to lower the blue pillars. Can anyone help me how to lower the pillars.
Thank you.
gje747
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:45 am

Bodken walks around so maybe he's not exactly in the lower right corner. Maybe search a larger area? He should definitely be there. Are you sure that you have investigated/interacted with the pillars? It might be that if you don't actually click on the blue flame pillars, it might not trigger Bodken to show up.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:54 am

gje747 wrote:Help re 4 Pillars
Have Bushko party . have done everything per Walkthrough - but when go to the Hall of Titans Bodken is not there, so unable to lower the blue pillars. Can anyone help me how to lower the pillars.
Thank you.

It's been a while, but hopefully I can help you.

The "last" Bokden who tells you about "some kind of field he touched" is located in The Giant Room (Hall of Titans?) according to my notes. He is in the SE corner area just after you enter the area. This room is the room that leads to the final Boss fight with "Nemesis" and is accessed via the North passage in the Entry Hall.

However, since Bokden moves to a new location every time you find him, it is possible you need to find Bokden in 6 places before his location in The Giant Room. There is another Bokden sighting in the room before those Blue Magic pillars blocking the 4 chests. If you found him there, maybe you just need to backtrack to the North path in the beginning Entry Hall.

Good luck. Maybe @LadyJJ will be able to offer more.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby gje747 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:55 am

Thank you for that. I recall the sighting on the earlier left hand side of the Ice Shrine.
Looking at my quests I only have 6 bodken sightings and I believe from reading other posts that there are 8 in total (7 before the Hall of Titans sighting)? Maybe that means I have missed one somewhere and cannot finish this? Does anyone have a list of where all his sightings are or is it random? Just dont want to fight the final boss in the Ice Shrine if I can still achieve lowering the 4 pillars.
Any help would be appreciated.
gje747
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:03 am

A discussion with a list of all Bodken sightings https://aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=9872
The discussions are all good if you've missed any, but if you just need the tldr concise list, scroll down a bit to briony's post. There are 8 places where you can find Bodken. You only need to find him 7 times, so you're still good if you've missed just one sighting. Still, you do need him to lower those pillars so you must have missed him in an earlier spot.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions