Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Walkthrough for the Evil Shrine

Walkthrough for the Evil Shrine

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Walkthrough – The Evil Shrine (Busho’s party)

Penelope drops you off on Hermit’s Island. Before exploring Canacopra, read the notice in the inn. It’s inside, on the entrance wall. This allows you to recruit Audrey. If you completed her quest earlier, Pristine will be inside the inn. Don’t talk to her just yet, though. It would be best to wait until after you have Audrey in your party. Your party can use the help and Audrey can use the experience. Not much else to do, so head for the now available Dragon Cave. If you haven’t already used the Fairy Dash spellbook, it might be a good idea to teach that spell to Genevieve.

Dragon Cave
Spoiler: show
There are only 6 screens in the dragon cave. In order of appearance, they are (1) the entry screen, (2) a Y-shaped screen with exits at the NW and NE, (3) the area that NW exit leads to, (4) the area that (2) NE exit leads to, contains a secret room and Audrey, (5) a large lava pool area leading to the dragon, and (6) the dragon encounter screen.
(1)-Entry Screen
Nothing to be found here

(2)-Y-shaped with 2 exits: west and east

(3)-Screen from (2) NW exit (this area is not addressed in the guide)
407G (treasure chest)

(4)-Screen from (2) NE exit, the Audrey screen
Secret room #68 (Raw salcerium x3, leads to secret room #69)
Secret room #69 (Hearthrob, Goblet vermin x14)
Healing potion (treasure chest),

(5)-Screen just before Dragon, 2 exits: north and northeast
Secret room #70 (Moltenhart, Orange sunrise)
Ancient crystal (treasure chest), Hero potion (treasure chest), Bolt jar (treasure chest)

(6)-Screen from north exit screen (5)
Deathbringer (treasure chest), Dragonclaw (treasure chest)

(7)-Dragon screen
Dragon battle (Dragon meat, 1 dragon egg

Canacopra
Now that you have recruited Audrey, you can more fully explore Canacopra. You can replenish potions at the item store. Keep plenty of Tonic herbs on hand to keep TP’s at max. Head to the church. Outside, you’ll meet up with Landon (assuming you completed the Dying Man’s quest). He’ll give some good recipe items to Genevieve. Inside the church, you’ll encounter Dabbabbu (legendary hero, Moonchild). Head back to the inn. You can remove Audrey’s advertisement if you want, but I don’t think it gains you anything aside from some dialogue. Speaking to Sir Duke inside the inn allows you to rest for free. Speak to Pristine and she will take you to the bunker.

The Batadon Quest
Talk to Master Z, then talk to everyone else. Next to Pristine is Josef (legendary hero, Inferno). You might want to stop at the Healin’ Hank vending machine to stock up on Mana potions, Body jars (heal 75% HP and 20 TP) and Maka potions (cures silenced, charmed, asleep and confused). Get rid of the evolbats. Talk to Cynthia again and explain the joke. Genevieve cannot explain the joke before defeating the evolbats and she’ll require a +1AGI boost to do so after the battle. Penelope can solve at any time without a boost. Hint: Speak with Master Z at least twice before leaving, as he will reward you with Zeromus, a very nice shield for magic users.

Vlakazzar’s Legendary Treasure
Enter the white snow patch to the left of the volcano. The door is locked. Exit and enter the snow patch to the right side of the volcano. Enter the building through the left window This is Secret room #78. Explore the left side to reveal a portal. Enter the portal to Beneath the snow, a small maze.
Blessed potion (treasure chest), Saint jar (treasure chest), Jaroel Kazam Key (sparkle)
Come back out and now reach the block you couldn’t access from the maze by walking up the short center path.
Saint potion (treasure chest)
Save your game here because you are about to engage in a major battle. Exit this right area onto the world map and proceed back to the left snow patch. Defeat Vlakazzar’s guardian (Dark scorpion tail x2, Apogeus) and use the key to enter the building.
Treasure chests (Cosmic potion, Diamond boots, Vlakazzar’s mantle, Oriental lamp x3
Leave and reenter to find the treasure chests reloaded. (Note this only happens the once.) Finally, it’s time to enter the Volcano. Special thanks to Kimo for help with this part.

The Volcano
The volcano is pretty straightforward. Screen 1 leads to screen 2, screen 2 leads to screen 3, etc.

Screen 1 (The entry screen)
Maka potion (treasure chest), Crusader knuckles (treasure chest)
Secret room #62 (Switchblade pimento, Deathbringer)

Screen 2 (3 lava waterfalls across the lower area)
Entergy hexacrystal (treasure chest)
Splash potion (treasure chest)
Scarlet pimento (treasure chest)
Oriental lamp (treasure chest)
Secret room #63 (Raw salcerium, Sands of time, Sands of destiny)

Screen 3 (west-east tunnel)
Volcanic mace (treasure chest)
Twin orb (treasure chest)
Flaming youth (treasure chest)

Screen 4 (opens with a panning of the area, large lava filled area)
Secret room #64 (Volcanic merchant, leads to another secret room also numbered #64)
Secret room #64 (Quartz speck x4, 16 G, Raw salcerium, Magic salt x6
Scorpio cane (treasure chest)
Kazamar squid (at end of short tunnel right side leading into lava)

Screen 5 (Outer grounds of the Evil shrine)
Secret room #65 (Evil axe, Turtle shield)
Secret room #66 (Devil’s fork, Dark scorpion tail)
Secret room #67 (2nd Turtle gives Turtle shield, Wisdom bulb x3, Energy potion if you talk to him before opening chest, only the Turtle shield if you open chest first; Estevez in treasure chest)
Scorpio spear (treasure chest)
Darkness bow (treasure chest)
Devil’s pike (treasure chest)

Blood Brute battle
Requires AGI+ for each party member
Defeat Blood Brute

The Golden Crab
It may be possible for Caius to defeat and get a lot of gold, unsure if Busho can do this.

The Evil Shrine
Having made your way to the volcano and past the two helldogs, you must now defeat Lord Gomorrheon again, this time with minions. Make your way through the front door and immediately confront Belzeputh (one of the 3 sisters).

The entry screen has hallways that shoot off to the right side and the left side. Explore this first screen and then explore to the right.

The entry screen
Straight ahead is skull decorated stone surrounded by 4 blue flames. This is the entrance to the inner shrine, but you’ll not be able to get there yet. Examine the unicorn. If you are playing with Caius' party, all will get +20 MHP and +20 MMP, so you may want to hold off examining until you recruit your 4th member. Busho's party gets nothing.

Dawn blackberry (treasure chest)
Secret room #71 (Dark scorpion tail x2, Hero potion, Crusader knuckles, Deathbringer)

There are 3 hallways leaving this entry screen to the left (upper, middle and lower) and 3 hallways leaving this entry screen to the right (again upper, middle and lower). Explore the right side first.

Right upper hallway
Goblet vermin (crack in wall)
Leads to an upper area
Body jar (treasure chest)
Aquamarine herb (bookshelf
Goblet vermin x3 (crack in wall))
Maka potion (treasure chest)
Limbreaker (treasure chest), Ailment potion x3 (treasure chest)

Right lower hallway
Ghoul egg (crack in wall of small room at end), Dark balm (treasure chest)

Right middle hallway
Dark balm (treasure chest)
Leads to another screen to the right. This the Marlyn screen, also the church area screen
Sacred pallodion (treasure chest)
Secret room 73 (Deathbringer, leads to secret room 74)
Secret room 74 (Hero potion, Death eternal, Acorn of the gods)
Surprise encounter with Bezeputh
Church area (skull:spellbook doom blast, left treasure chest-“For he died at 33, here is your reward: Medion, right treasure chest: empty)
Belzeputh again
Obsidion mace (treasure chest)
Quartz speck (crack in wall)
Hero potion (treasure chest)
Secret room #72 (Azuparu’s circlet, Particle screwdriver)
Wisdom bulb (crack in wall)
Marlyn (Casius can recruit, Busho leaves in disgust)

Now that the right side has been explored, return to the entry room and explore the left side.

Left lower hallway
Aura rose (small table with flowers)
Deadbone key (small table with skull)
Soul potion (treasure chest)
Mana cherry (treasure chest), Might potion (treasure chest)

Left upper hallway
Goblet vermin x2 (crack in wall)
Crusader knuckles (treasure chest)
Stairway down

Downstairs reached from left upper hallway
Energy hexacrystal (treasure chest)
Body jar (treasure chest)
Secret room #76 (dark energy)

Left middle hallway
Secret room #75 (Dark energy)
Ailment potion (treasure chest)
Iron potion (treasure chest), Mana potion (treasure chest)

Upper area reached by left middle hallway
Goblet vermin x5 (crack in wall)
Malice key (treasure chest)
Rose of the hero (treasure chest)
Dabraskull, Aura rose (Widow key required)
Aura rose

Now that you have the Dabraskull, bring it back to the entry screen and investigate the large stone shrine entrance. Once the spirit is released, you will immediately be transported inside. Don’t stay. Back out to the entry screen and go back to the right side church area. Open the previously-open-but-now-closed chest (Dabraldabrov, legendary relic). All credit go to Darkange and littlebro for figuring out this chain of events. Back to the shrine entrance and enter the skull stone.

The path to the final boss
Mind potion (treasure chest), Soul potion (treasure chest)
Esclaschaboom (treasure chest)
Up the stairs
Alice (Legendary hero, A Plunge into Darkness)
Soul potion (treasure chest), Mind potion (treasure chest)
Cosmic potion (treasure chest)
Arthryrion (treasure chest)
Frozen eye (treasure chest)
Switchblade pimento (treasure chest)
Death eternal (treasure chest), Anti-scepter of gods (treasure chest), Hero potion (treasure chest)
Touch the sparkle, enter the portal
Belzeputh battle, Lord Gomorrheon joins midway
Iron potion (treasure chest), Energy potion (treasure chest), Energy potion (treasure chest), Iron potion (treasure chest)
Might potion (treasure chest), Might potion (treasure chest)
This is the final battle. You might as well use up all your permanent and temporary boosts now.
Zerulax battle
Last edited by Lady JJ on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: Walkthrough for the Evil Shrine

Postby littlebro » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:01 pm

Well done! Another excellent addition to the collective knowledge.

Just a couple of things:
At the beginning you have a typo and have said that Penelope is in the Inn. This should read Pristine.
In the church you say "If you completed Pristine's quest earlier..." I can't remember the name of the person, but it's not Pristine who is in the Inn.
To confirm about the golden crab, I believe it's not possible for Busho to defeat it, and instead it inflicts damage.
For the Unicorn buff, I believe that it is only available for the Caius party, not for Busho's party.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:16 pm

littlebro wrote:Well done! Another excellent addition to the collective knowledge.

Just a couple of things:
At the beginning you have a typo and have said that Penelope is in the Inn. This should read Pristine.
In the church you say "If you completed Pristine's quest earlier..." I can't remember the name of the person, but it's not Pristine who is in the Inn.
To confirm about the golden crab, I believe it's not possible for Busho to defeat it, and instead it inflicts damage.
For the Unicorn buff, I believe that it is only available for the Caius party, not for Busho's party.

Thanks for proofreading. :)
Changed Penelope to Pristine. As for the other: "If you completed Pristine's quest earlier...", that was more of misplaced info that, you're right, does sound confusing when it's not related to the church at all. I reworded that part.

Glad to get clarification for the crab and unicorn.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kirin » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:50 pm

Where do you find Fairy Dash? I probably missed an area so how do you get this spell?
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:55 pm

Kirin wrote:Where do you find Fairy Dash? I probably missed an area so how do you get this spell?

If you just found out about Fairy Dash by reading LadyJJ's walkthrough, I am afraid you are probably out of luck unless you are willing to reload a save and backtrack many game hours.

The spell is found in a secret room in the Elven Forest. And even then you may miss it. The trick is
to examine a broken pot in the secret room until it is empty. IIRC it is the last thing in the broken pot. There are other goodies in that room, but I think this is one of the few instances of Indy packing a container with stuff.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby ozgal » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:16 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Walkthrough – The Evil Shrine (Busho’s party)

Speak to Pristine and she will take you to the bunker.

I must not have done her quest because Pristine isn't in the inn, nor anywhere in Canacopra. Where do I get her quest? I have finished the Dragon Cave and the only other place left is the Volcano. What am I missing??
ozgal
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:21 pm

ozgal wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:Walkthrough – The Evil Shrine (Busho’s party)

Speak to Pristine and she will take you to the bunker.

I must not have done her quest because Pristine isn't in the inn, nor anywhere in Canacopra. Where do I get her quest? I have finished the Dragon Cave and the only other place left is the Volcano. What am I missing??

Pristine's quest is before you get the airship, when you are still in the bunker. You have to find her missing chip and reactivate her. If you hadn't done that before, then you have missed this opportunity. :(

However, the game can still be enjoyed and finished without Pristine's presence. So that's a good thing. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ozgal » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:41 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
Pristine's quest is before you get the airship, when you are still in the bunker. You have to find her missing chip and reactivate her. If you hadn't done that before, then you have missed this opportunity. :(

However, the game can still be enjoyed and finished without Pristine's presence. So that's a good thing. :)

Yes, that's a good thing because it's another quest I missed +::cry She must have been hiding somewhere because I never even got the quest. Oh well, something else for me to look out for on Round 2.

Thanks!
ozgal
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:06 pm

If you play again, keep this note tucked away...
When you are in the bunker, you will see a no-quite-human-lady-maybe-more-like-a-robot on a bed. She does not respond to you. Once you have the prize for completing Erin's quest, go back to that bedroom. I think you actually have to be next to the bed and open the menu to use the item. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I don't think you automatically awaken her without going into the menu first. And this is a quest that is never actually 'given,' it just happens if the series of actions are taken in the right way.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ozgal » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:26 pm

Lady JJ wrote:If you play again, keep this note tucked away...

Thanks again! This will be very helpful next time around.
ozgal
Peasant

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions