Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Bugs

Bugs

Postby Tomas » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:38 pm

I started a separate topic for bugs found - hope it is helpful for Indi.

1. When doing the first quest for Guild of Archery, exiting ("Enough for today") does not seem to work.
Tomas
Ranger

Re: Bugs

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:02 pm

Tomas wrote:I started a separate topic for bugs found - hope it is helpful for Indi.

1. When doing the first quest for Guild of Archery, exiting ("Enough for today") does not seem to work.

Thanks. Fixed in new updated version.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Guild of Higher Elves

Postby jas » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:04 am

Wendala is in the house in the bottom left corner and fixing it up. I believe I completed the quest and went back for her to rejoin. She says that all is going well but has not rejoined the party. I can't go any further with the guild secretary because she is not rejoining the party. I went to the outpost but not inside the house as I don't want to end this part yet. Can you help me?
jas
Peasant

Postby honyb50 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:33 am

At the graveyard and the screen freezes and I get this error message: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined. Program then crashes.

Also, is there a way to permanently set the settings to full screen. I have to reset it every time I open the program.
honyb50
Bard

Postby MerryX » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:34 am

jas wrote:Wendala is in the house in the bottom left corner and fixing it up. I believe I completed the quest and went back for her to rejoin. She says that all is going well but has not rejoined the party. I can't go any further with the guild secretary because she is not rejoining the party. I went to the outpost but not inside the house as I don't want to end this part yet. Can you help me?

You need to actually click on the outpost door to trigger a conversation about getting Wendala back - and then go back for her.
I've found that Exit Danger button a real God send +::biggrin
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:40 am

Minor bug -
In Indinera Woods (Part 4) where swing set and root mass is situated - there is a "??" in the lower side of the root mass I was unable to reach as it seems to be blocked. (I say it's minor only because hopefully it's nothing amazing I'm going to be gnashing my teeth about not being able to get!!)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:52 am

honyb50 wrote:At the graveyard and the screen freezes and I get this error message: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined. Program then crashes.

Also, is there a way to permanently set the settings to full screen. I have to reset it every time I open the program.

Error has been fixed and is part of yesterday's update.
I haven't found a way to keep it full screen either. It was coded like that by the options menu programmers.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:53 am

MerryX wrote:Minor bug -
In Indinera Woods (Part 4) where swing set and root mass is situated - there is a "??" in the lower side of the root mass I was unable to reach as it seems to be blocked. (I say it's minor only because hopefully it's nothing amazing I'm going to be gnashing my teeth about not being able to get!!)

MerryX

This has been corrected too.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby rpsmith » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:16 am

Indinera wrote:

how do I get these updates??
rpsmith
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:53 am

rpsmith wrote:
Indinera wrote:

how do I get these updates??

Redownload from the link you received by email upon purchase, and reinstall the game.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:30 pm

Lake Manor laundry room Lvl -1 from stairway in small room NE area-long room east of laundry room in SE square of that room you can enter the black area. I thought it would lead to a secret room, but it appears you can just walk all over the place in the black area. However, there is one square that you can enter the garden (but you can't exit from there)

Edit: and when you go to leave, Random says, "And they say Wendi can't maintain a beautiful garden" or words to that effect. Since they don't know Wendi's there, this would appear to be a bug rather than a shortcut.
I misinterpreted the statement. He was commenting on the disrepair of the garden, not the beauty of the garden. Still, the walking in and out of blackness bug persists unless it was an intentional shortcut.

Edit 2:The room is west of the laundry room, not east. +::tired
Last edited by Lady JJ on Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:40 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Lake Manor laundry room Lvl -1 from stairway in small room NE area-long room east of laundry room in SE square of that room you can enter the black area. I thought it would lead to a secret room, but it appears you can just walk all over the place in the black area. However, there is one square that you can enter the garden (but you can't exit from there) and when you go to leave, Random says, "And they say Wendi can't maintain a beautiful garden" or words to that effect. Since they don't know Wendi's there, this would appear to be a bug rather than a shortcut.

can you please post a screenshot?

Images can be uploaded there:
https://imgbb.com/
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:10 pm

Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:24 pm

awesome, thanks! +::kiss
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:41 pm

I don't know if this is a bug or not. If it's not a bug, it's truly annoying. I just had my first encounter with Bongo (?). Wendi disappeared and Luci insisted we rest. There was a short cutscene with the uppity elf and then the screen went black. The music kept playing... and playing... and playing... and playing... but the screen continued to be black. I'm pretty sure I waited a full 3 minutes, seemed more like 5 or 6 minutes, and still a black screen with that eerie music. Is this supposed to happen? Maybe something to set the ambience? I'm going to take a 'real' rest from the game and reload it to see if the same thing happens. I've heard of rpg maker crashes before where the game went black but the music kept playing, so I'm not sure whether this is a glitch or something intended.

If Indy's intent was to cast doubt on everyone's loyalties, both new and long-time allies, he's certainly accomplished that, at least with me. ;)

Edit-Okay, I took a shower and let my computer chill while I was doing so. I loaded the game and this time the cutscene played through to the end and I'm now back in Avan. So it's definitely an rpg maker glitch and not an Aldorlea game bug. The one thing I can say is that the game lost focus while that cutscene was playing. I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. But, all's well now and I'm off to help the guilds.... ooops, Random didn't like that idea at all. Guess the guilds will need to wait a bit longer.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Next

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions