Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Side quests

Re: Side quests

Postby Drake707 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:50 pm

Wait, who is Mikkelsen exactly? I don't seem to be able to find him.
Drake707
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:08 pm

Drake707 wrote:Wait, who is Mikkelsen exactly? I don't seem to be able to find him.

Mikkelson was the target of Guild of God Slayer's Quest 04. That was the one where Wendala had to lure him out of the pool. But she doesn't get the idea to do that until/unless she's at least attempted Guild of Inexistence Quest 04 and made it to the small pool there. We really need a thread dedicated to the guild quests. So many of them are time-constrained and intertwined with others.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Drake707 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:32 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
Drake707 wrote:Wait, who is Mikkelsen exactly? I don't seem to be able to find him.

Mikkelson was the target of Guild of God Slayer's Quest 04. That was the one where Wendala had to lure him out of the pool. But she doesn't get the idea to do that until/unless she's at least attempted Guild of Inexistence Quest 04 and made it to the small pool there. We really need a thread dedicated to the guild quests. So many of them are time-constrained and intertwined with others.

WAIT SO I NEED TO INTERACT WITH THE POOL TO GET GOD SLAYERS #4?????? If that's the case, I express my immense gratitude, Lady JJ
Drake707
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:17 pm

I don't see any questions about Side Quest 22. Does that mean people were able to easily solve it?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Drake707 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:05 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I don't see any questions about Side Quest 22. Does that mean people were able to easily solve it?

I think someone mentioned that legendary bath being that one in the Guild of Indinera, or just a theory maybe (upper left corner, maybe it's not Indinera but another Guild)

Seraphus also mentioned the bath in SR #6, but idk how to get to that
Drake707
Wanderer

Postby Marc » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:23 am

i played the game so far till the throne room, but i am looking for solutions for som quests. Wher to find Guild od Shadows Quest 4? What is the correct way to find the leaf bird? All i get now is Sarah saying that she can shower in the waterfall.
And i think i missed to rescue the girl from drows (Benevolence quest 4)
Marc
Wanderer

Postby Aggeliki » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:14 am

the theory for the Legentary Bath was mine.. i couldn't reach Indinera Guild upper levels though, so i can't confirm..anyone who has reached the higher ranks in Indinera could please confirm that the bath is there? or not?
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby bobfarq » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:32 am

Aggeliki wrote:the theory for the Legentary Bath was mine.. i couldn't reach Indinera Guild upper levels though, so i can't confirm..anyone who has reached the higher ranks in Indinera could please confirm that the bath is there? or not?

This quest throughly confuses me. I do not understand how to complete the quest but this is my take of whay I do know.

1) The first 3 quest of removing the frogs are given by the guild of elves.
2) The quest to find the source is quest 4 of the Indinera guild. Before this quest is completed you cannot access the left side of the guild, but there is a room in the top left corner but no bath.
3) Quest 4 of the Indinera guild requires asking the bathers about the frogs so the first three quests to remove the frogs need completeing.
4) The party which does niot include Louthros at this stage gets into the sewer and gets a small frog fight and Zelina wants to get Lucina healed so no further progress is possible.
5) At this point I never tried to do Inexistence 4 after Contanza. Is this required? Does Louthros need to do this quest?
6) If you try and do Inexistense 4 with the final party (no Wendala) at Azan 4, it is very confusing. The words are Wendala's but the party consists of the final party minus Louthros. It is also horribly difficult with a party of four as those funny men keep hitting the large party. The party can touch the pool but this makes no difference to the frog quest if you fail inexistence 4. I couldn't complete this quest as the funny men keep blocking the single lane paths.

Could someone clear up the sequence of events, especially who does inexistence 4 and its connection to Indinara 4. And any hints of inexistence 4 completion would be good.
bobfarq
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:54 pm

bobfarq wrote:Could someone clear up the sequence of events, especially who does inexistence 4 and its connection to Indinara 4. And any hints of inexistence 4 completion would be good.

Guild of Indinera Quest #04, Guild of God Slayers Quest #04 and Guild of Inexistence Quest #04 are all related. Random's party gets Guild of Indinera Quest #04 (Find the source of the frogs) well before it can be completed. I never tried to hold off getting that quest until after Louthros joins the party, so I don't know if that's possible. Most people get that quest before then according to what's been posted in this forum already. Louthros' party gets both the Guild of God Slayers Quest #04 and Guild of Inexistence Quest #04 and here's where the sequence is important.

You have to try to complete God Slayer's #04 first. You get some frogs, but Mikkelsen doesn't show up. Return to the guild and let the guildmaster know. The guildmaster tells you part of the quest is to find out how to entice Mikkelsen to show. Next attempt Inexistence Quest #04. You don't have to complete it. But you do you have to make your way up, left and down to a small pool. Click on that pool and Wendala comes up with a theory as to why Mikkelson hasn't attacked them. If you can finish the way to the cactus, great, but even if you can't, as long as Wendala says she can't wait to share her theory with Louthros then you're good to go back to the God Slayer's Guild.

Ask the God Slayers guildmaster to send you back to the hot springs and Wendala puts her plan into action. Mikkelsen shows and, if you're successful, he's a goner. Report back to God Slayers guildmaster and it's quest complete.

It turns out that Mikkelsen is the source of all those frogs, except Random doesn't know that. How could he? He doesn't even know Louthros yet. When the party consists of Yveen, Random, Luciana, Zelena and Louthros, then you can go to the bath house in Azan. You get the clue about the rusted gate and can enter the sewers. Be sure to travel all the way to the end and click until Louthros says his team has already dispatched the guy causing all those frogs to appear. Once you get that message, and I think you get to the end, get a dialogue, then have one more square to move to click and get that key dialogue (but I may be misremembering, just keep moving and clicking). Return to the Indinera guildmaster and it's quest complete.

What happens if you completed Guild of Inexistence #04 before attempting Guild of God Slayers #04? I don't know. I do know you have to click on the pool for Wendala to get her idea. Maybe if she clicks on the pool and just gets the 'poor vulnerable pool' dialogue, she'll remember that and then still have her theory after the first failed attempt at making Mikkelsen show? If someone has already completed the Guild of Inexistence quest Cactus of Pain #04 before getting the Guild of God Slayers quest Kill Mikkelsen #04 could weigh in, that would be beneficial.

How to complete Guild of Inexistence #04- I hate mini-games that require dexterity and/or quick reflexes. I have neither. I did finally manage to complete this quest though, so it is doable. First, just get in and click the pool. Then, if you fail, you fail. Save your game so you won't have to go to the pool again. It's not a large map. There are 2 locked gates. Each requires a fire to be lit. Look for the unlit torch below in an area below that gate, light it, then race through that gate to the next. Same thing with the next gate. Look for the unlit torch, and light it, then race through that second gate to the cactus. You will probably not succeed until you know the exact path from start -> 1st torch -> 1st gate -> 2nd torch -> 2nd gate -> cactus, but once you know the exact path (and it's a small map), and you can make it without looking around, then there is sufficient time to be successful before the mummies catch up with you.

If you can't finish Quest #04, don't worry. Quest #05 has a nice reward, but, in my opinion, unless you're a completionist, the reward isn't worth it.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby bobfarq » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:53 pm

Absolutely brilliant once more. When I did it the first time, I never found the god-slayers and never got inexistence 2. I didn't pick up on the fact you can't communicate with the monks from the front first of all and they all ignored me. But when I got to Azan 4 they gave me inexistence 4 even though I hadn't done 2 and 3, possibly because it was a different party. The second time around I tried the monks a bit harder and relaised you have to start with the side where they ignore you again, but now when you go the front one of them talks. So the good news for me is that I am now in the right place the second time round to do all these quests in the right order. I can get to the pool of water quite easily with my party of four in existence 4, so with just Wendala it should be much simpler. At the moment I am desperately trying to find the Legend of Time, but I want to at least find something on my own!!! I am presuming it is in my shrine somewhere, but where don't know yet. Thanks again I can now continue properly.
bobfarq
Wanderer

Postby bobfarq » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:01 pm

Found it! So there is a secret garden as well as many devious secret rooms. The game that keeps on giving!
bobfarq
Wanderer

QUEST 21 Dark Circle

Postby bobfarq » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:29 am

I seem to be unable to complete the quest. I thought I was there when I met the evil drows in a secret room in the monastery. Thought I would have a fight and get the quest. But no fight Louthros just arbritarily knocked them off. Then i found another group of four in another secret room doing a quest, but that also was a dead end. I am painfully aware from other quests that you can meet the right people but not get the right result if you don't meet the right criteria. I am pretty sure I have done all the secret rooms in the monastary (160 - 168). What am I missing?
bobfarq
Wanderer

Quest 21

Postby bobfarq » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:34 pm

OK. My mistake. I thought I read on the forum the drows were in a secret room in the monastery. Found them now and quest completed.
bobfarq
Wanderer

Postby jincyk » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:45 pm

Re Leaf Bird--I thought I did everything necessary, but (after the Shadows quest) when I go to the Farm, Sarah's standing there saying she wants a bath, and Random says there's a tub inside, and that's that. They don't argue. What did I do wrong? Can this be fixed now?
jincyk
Explorer

Postby Marc » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:34 pm

Has anyone has an idea how to complete quest 18? I finally got to finish the game with all quests completed except 18 :(
Marc
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions